WATTS, SHORT CIRCUITING OR NOT?

picket fence

He thoroughly deserves it... Sick of hearing about him and from those who think he is part of our future. If he is we don't have one, sadly.

In the interest of fairness it should be pointed out that you were quoting Ron's post that was made prior to Saturday.

Everyone seems to acknowledge that the heat must come now.

I'm not a huge rap for Justin Westhoff, who is liable to go missing in big games and if he is manned up. But Westhoff plays enough good games to be considered a more than reasonable AFL footballer. Watts could do worse than model his game on Westhoff, who has a similar build and similar skills.

can anyone confirm if it was Jack Watts that Daniel Cross was screaming at for not running back hard enough?

And also did Roos give Watts and Howe a spray at 3 quarter time? Someone said he did

No, we can't confirm it.

Though it has been mentioned 173 times on the board.......

Edited by Rod Grinter Riot Squad

Jack Watts has been deplorable the last 2 rounds and I want him dropped.

But to hear so many supporters in the crowd, audibly and gleefully deriding Watts, on many occasions when it was completely undeserved, is just f*****g disgraceful.

I bet a lot of them post on this forum, and if they were smart enough they'd be ashamed.

• Like 2

can anyone confirm if it was Jack Watts that Daniel Cross was screaming at for not running back hard enough?

And also did Roos give Watts and Howe a spray at 3 quarter time? Someone said he did

Not sure about Cross, but yes, Roos pulled both Howe & Watts away for a quick spray before talking to the group as a whole.

Nothing out of the ordinary or excessive though.

wouldn't call it a spray. But he singled them out from the group and spoke with intent...

Losing patience is what i took from it.

Yeah true I just saw it on the afl Smart Replay

Loved how he just shook his head at them both

Cant blame him at all, and we all feel the same as Roosy

How do we keep picking these talented but lazy un driven players with these top picks. TJ, Sylvia, Watts. It's unbelievable really. Is our culture really that bad that these players can be accepted?

It's symptomatic of the culture we have had at the club, not the players themselves.

That's why we needed to bring in a coach like Roos and nothing less - cultural change.

• Like 1

JW is a choir boy to his boot laces dee-luded.

What you see is what you get.

If he has not changed into his sixth season he never will.

OD, I fear your right. I'd hoped we could get Jack right, but always from his first games @ Casey, I wanted him to take the game on more. he was always a bit sort of shy. now he seems shy, lazy, & with an ' Im too important ' EGO.

his pride is trying to mask his fear. but his real fear is failure. not IMO, so much physical, but protecting his EGO. So he dare not go there, not for fear of physically getting hurt, but rather of being shown up as a failure, getting beaten. So don't compete & you can't get hurt. He's got an avoidance issue, IMO...

Edited by dee-luded

Jack Watts has been deplorable the last 2 rounds and I want him dropped.

But to hear so many supporters in the crowd, audibly and gleefully deriding Watts, on many occasions when it was completely undeserved, is just f*****g disgraceful.

I bet a lot of them post on this forum, and if they were smart enough they'd be ashamed.

Jack Watts is embarrassing Melbourne supporters. He's the one who should be ashamed. It's the least he can do when he's on so much money.

Although jack is an incredibly frustrating footballer and is borderline starting to resemble Cale Morton, I must admit being disappointed by all of the Bronx cheers everytime he got a possession. Very Richmond fan like and hardly supporting ur team!! Some serious flogs of fans out there !

With the game getting boring, you can tell its becoming a sport for some of the more-frustrated and short-of-intelligence.

As bad as anyone might think Watts' performance was, this is what is really pathetic.

It's symptomatic of the culture we have had at the club, not the players themselves.

That's why we needed to bring in a coach like Roos and nothing less - cultural change.

Cultural change and player change

With the game getting boring, you can tell its becoming a sport for some of the more-frustrated and short-of-intelligence.

As bad as anyone might think Watts' performance was, this is what is really pathetic.

How can anyone with intelligence be happy with how Watts played, WTF are you talking about.

Hahahhaha oh dear.

Any money you're one of them.

Machsy, its really simple. Jack just has to show something, anything. some effort, desire, want.

Pederson has gutts'd it out, put his EGO in a sock & played his heart out, after some horrid ridicule. he has shown the spirit of having a go. a red hot dip.

Jack has dived into his shell. he has the responsibility of many peoples efforts along the way that got him to where he's at, & now he's letting people down who have invested all sorts of efforts into his chosen field.

If this was business, he would be in trouble. or is it?

I'm not a huge rap for Justin Westhoff, who is liable to go missing in big games and if he is manned up. But Westhoff plays enough good games to be considered a more than reasonable AFL footballer. Watts could do worse than model his game on Westhoff, who has a similar build and similar skills.

Excellent example of what a slight build player can achieve at this level IF he wants to and he applies himself TT. I made this exact point to "she who must be obeyed" on way to game yesterday. There's no excuses at this level for effort and self development after 5 full pre seasons.

"Do you want to play footy, mate? I'm not sure if you want to play football, or not. That sort of effort isn't helping your footy club," Brown said.

"He needs to start having some sort of urgency around the footy." - Nathan Brown - The Sunday Footy Show.

Full article here: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jack-watts-urged-to-work-harder-20140427-zr0ch.html#ixzz304DKMqmY

Edited by Rusty Nails

How can anyone with intelligence be happy with how Watts played, WTF are you talking about.

Since you need someone to draw you a diagram...

No one is happy with Watts' performance, least of all me.

But it has become a bloodsport for stupid people who are bored during the match, hurling abuse whenever they see him on the field, regardless of whether he is at fault for something or not.

Irrespective of his performance, that crowd behaviour is not warranted, it is classless, and it is for the bottom feeders.

• Like 3

westhoff has been an absolute gun since his debut season - when he was 21.

if he was in victoria, he'd be considered a 'superstar', for want of a better term. he's not of course, but watts isn't a speck of grey on the hoff's beard by comparison.

No, no he hasn't. He has copped more criticism in the Adelaide media than anyone else in either port or Adelaide colours. The fact that he still turned it around last year under ken hinkley is a credit to him. That said, he was often Bronx cheered for a long time. What helped him is his games where he pulled a 3 or 4 goal performance from nowhere, a lot of the time in games when port were way behind, that reading the stats in no days paper you'd be forgiven thinking he was playing well. To watch him in his early years was considerable comparable to watts, that said I still think "Humphrey" as he is affectionately known, has a bit more drive and mongrel in him than watts.

Said it last week and I'll say it again, for every game ways plays like last night, he needs 10 games in a row like the st kilda game to get the respect back from demon supporters. Last week he was pathetic, last night, well I don't have a word for it. Forget casey, he should be sent out to play in a low standard bush league for a struggling club. Then he can learn to fight for the footy and how to get it, instead of playing the insipid footy he is now. Obviously that can't and won't happen, but can you imagine a more gutless performance in recent memory?

• Like 2