Training - Friday 28th March, 2014

Satyriconhome

Forgot to ask, was gawn about today? Seemed he was a lock to come in, then not named. Not sure if I missed something.

In Saty's comment he said Gawn a no show today

see second line.

Hello, back at my desk.

Housekeeping first, Clark, Nicholson and Gawn were no shows.

Dawes was there early training by himself, left the track like a rocket so didn't get a chance to speak to him, asked the trainer who had worked with him (Spin Detectors Engaged Please), said he had completed everything he was supposed to in the session and was feeling good, so still on track.

Good news on the height front, both Jamar and Garland completed the full session, Russian told me he had to get through training this week and next and he will probably shirt up for Casey's first game, same with Garlo.

Fitzy being Fitzy pretended to be concussed as he walked towards the doctors and physios at the end of his training, he was wobbling, much to everybody's amusement, gave me thumbs up, so assume he should be right.

Both Tommy Mc and Fitzy didn't do last main drill with the group.

After the main group had finished, the players not in the squad for Sunday joined with the Casey guys for more training, simulated match drill, interestingly after the teams had set up both Blease and Kent joined them but Evans didn't.

A lot of the main group went to the adjacent oval and in my opinion messed around with the ball for another 15 mintues, bombling, outrageous kicks etc, nobody seemed that bothered so obviously a bit of fun after training.

Interesting point of how the players are managed these days, Christian Salem was not allowed to play in the match sim, was told he had done his load for that day (sounds rude), bit [censored] off, which is a good sign ... watched him during main session, his kicking skills are sublime.

Tyson also came off just before the main group finished but did some reflex and hand/eye coordination with a trainer.

Jamar, Spencer, King spent the end of the session with Greg Stafford.

Hogan - came out, did two laps of the track walking, sat in golf cart watching and left.

Jack Watts (SDEP) told me was fine and was looking forward to Sunday, no physio, no bandages, no pressure sock, no crutches, no worries?

Tommy Mc - had a good chat to him, first got a corkie in Alice Springs, first one on Saturday in exactly the same spot, then got a bit of a knock behind the thigh, he was wearing a protector on his thigh under his shorts, said he was a bit proppy but once warmed up it felt better and better, was going to recover and unless it reacts, he should play.

Think that's about it, any questions as per norm feel free.

I can't believe a word of it, it's too positive!

The context ManDee

It is meant as a put down.

And mine an attempt at humour. I refereed to my father as "the old man" and it was a term of endearment. I have no time for Dee supporters putting down others, sorry if you were offended.

• Like 2

After the main group had finished, the players not in the squad for Sunday joiined with the Casey guys for more training, simulated match drill, interestingly after the teams had set up both Blease and Kent joined them, Evans didn't

Evans with the MFC team or Casey and vice versa for Blease/Kent?

I would have thought with doubt still on Fitzy and Tommy Mc that all the emergencies would be kept fresh.

Sounds to me like they have a bit more confidence with the big guys and it might be either no change or just Evans in once final teams are named.

I wonder about the actual protocol for concussions. There's the cognitive test and things like head aches but if Fitzy was fine after the game he might be right to play already, let's hope so. I feel for Tommy Mc, it's amazing once you get one corkie how it seems that you keep getting hit in the same spot.

Why exactly?

re : Hogan.

Just worried about his back injury, and the fact he seems really dejected.

Also i have a bad feeling about it all, you know with our luck.

Just hope he is not homesick for WA as well.

re : Hogan.

Just worried about his back injury, and the fact he seems really dejected.

Also i have a bad feeling about it all, you know with our luck.

Just hope he is not homesick for WA as well.

Everything I have heard about the boy is that he loves his football and only knows one way - flat out - so he was tearing it up at Casey last year knowing he was good enough to play MFC seniors and now that he is eligible he gets an injury preventing him playing - full understand him being dejected.

• Like 5

Really? I actually listen to some hiphop, but Aussie hiphop is generally the pits.

I've got little time for any of that skiphop rubbish.

Jay-Z, Kanye, Kid Cudi, Kendrick Lamar maybe...

I think I must have hit a button on my computer that has changed the language.

I thought this was Demonland in English.

Translation required "skiphop rubbish.Jay-Z, Kanye, Kid Cudi, Kendrick Lamar maybe..".

I tried Punjabi..ਕੂੜੇ skiphop.

Jay-Z ਦਾ, ਹੋ ਸਕਦਾ Kanye, ਕਿੱਡ Cudi, Kendrick Lamar
then Swahili..skiphop takataka.
Jay-Z, Kanye, Kid Cudi, Kendrick Lamar labda
No I give up.
Hang on, this is code for Hogan out 4 to 6 Clark 10 to 50 Dawes fark knows?
Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

Forgot to ask, was gawn about today? Seemed he was a lock to come in, then not named. Not sure if I missed something.

Reported that he pulled up with a sore hammy from training.

Not going to risk playing him.

Does it bother any one else that the only time we are likely to see Clark & Dawes is on the ABC on Thursday night?

• Like 2

Evans with the MFC team or Casey and vice versa for Blease/Kent?

Evans finished training with the rest of the MFC group, and went back to AAMI; Blease and Kent then played in a game of mixed Casey and MFC, including Viney, Jordie McK, Harmes et al. My conclusion was that B & K not in the mix, while Pickles will take the emergency role. Were anything unexpected to happen, these two would still be able to saddle up, as it was hardly a killer hit out they took part in this morning.

Tweeted by Stevo

Jesse Hogan stranded on the golf cart. Looks a while off, sadly pic.twitter.com/ZWdvWO7V5H

Bjxdff4CAAA77bN.jpg

can I say I dont really like this, but I appreciate its worth

Really? I actually listen to some hiphop, but Aussie hiphop is generally the pits.

I've got little time for any of that skiphop rubbish.

Jay-Z, Kanye, Kid Cudi, Kendrick Lamar maybe...

Sup homie

Thanks to those who contributed actual training reports in this thread.

Satyr, I have a bone to pick with you. I saw you on the concourse outside Etihad with your good lady after the game on Saturday night and said g'day but you walked right past me as if I wasn't there. I'll excuse you for that because we were both worn, frazzled and frustrated after the fickle finger of fate had dealt us both a stunning blow inside the ground that evening.

Please keep up your reporting and optimism about the club and ignore the prophets of doom and the naysayers. People of our vintage know what it's like to taste success and I have a feeling we'll be able to share that feeling with a lot of others some day sooner than many would think.

• Like 3

Please keep up your reporting and optimism about the club and ignore the prophets of doom and the naysayers. People of our vintage know what it's like to taste success and I have a feeling we'll be able to share that feeling with a lot of others some day sooner than many would think.

Sorry Jack...cant for the life of me remember what that tastes like, just the bitterness of failure...

I know what you allude to but its way beyond a joke these days