Melbourne Vs West Coast Round 2

InVINCEable

why are some people putting Hogan in their team

Am i missing an update or something?

Thought he was a few weeks away

He is a possibility for round 3.

Pray perhaps might be our only option

I prayed to thousands of God, it does not help OD. They all hate us.

thedeeman please explain under what pretence are you starting Dom Tyson on the bench ahead of Trengove? The bloke has 32 touches and a goal and you want to start him on the bench???

I want Trenners to have a go at tagging, starting on the bench isn't bad, he'll be there for like 2 minutes at tops

you obviously spent last year living on the moon and didn't watch any games then, i assume.

He was good last year. Plays better as a half forward, pushing up to the wing. And then rushing down to crumb where possible.

Don't get me wrong, i loved him, as i previously said, but i think him and Salem will both develop and Roos will make sure they'll be perfect when they start playing.

Clint Jones & David Armitage say hi. Yeh, both B-grade.

But their midfield has played together much more than ours has, so they combine much better, especially at stoppages.

Our midfield (as a combination) will only improve as the season goes on.

I agree. I think the posters on this site really over amped their expectations. No real forward line and then injuries. Mid field group that have not played together. New game plan, I think that within a month, forget the results the team will be showing significant improvement. These guys need support, that means no wholesale changes. Roos is just now talking about the fragile confidence of the players. Sack a few for a poor first up effort, that by all accounts was better than most efforts last year would be a mistake. I reckon it would have been better to have played a middle ladder team first up. Brought a membership today just to support. Hope to see a couple of games live during the season.

• Like 4

why are some people putting Hogan in their team

Am i missing an update or something?

Thought he was a few weeks away

No you are correct.

Some people would be way better off if they stayed with alcohol

• Like 1

Howe summed up our main issue on Saturday night when he said we needed to lower our eyes. The ONLY directed kick into our forward 50 was his kick to Byrnes in the 2nd quarter. It stayed low and it was simply a matter of it being kicked to Byrnes' side of the contest. The rest if the entries were high bombs that gave st kilda defenders about 10 seconds to swarm the drop zone. Not even Howe himself could jump over a pack of 15 players and take a clean grab. The delivery better improve when the talls come in.

Edited by mrtwister

Maybe we should put our fastest players in the forward line, and kick it ow and hard into spaces for them to run on to.

Not just Blease, but Clisby, Evans, Nicho ... who else? Hunt?

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but Rohan Bail should be dropped.. Plays forward and doesnt kick goals.. I'd take Kent or Evans over him any day, got a mate who plays at casey, says he is a ripper bloke, but I don't think Bail

Is up to it..

Edited by Laces Out

If we can stay with weagles at 3/4 time then who knows we may run over the top of them.

They played in very hot conditions in WA so u never know.

But the key is being within striking distance at 3/4 time.

Edited by DemonOX

Cant understand the anti - Kent sentiment - showed plenty last year I thought. Is young and had a n interrupted pre-season. Will bounce back Im sure.

Am not a Pederson fan but not sure he deserves that rant.

I rate Kent and think he was an absolute steal for us, but he's had a very poor pre-season fitness-wise. I don't expect to see him until halfway through the year. Roos has bene very clear that he won't be rushing the young guys and they will have to be ready to play both physically and in terms of form. He'll keep building his fitness base playing for Casey and when he's ready we'll see him in the seniors. Also bear in mind that it's only his second season. He's not at the stage where we need to see him as a regular in the side. Let him work into it and play half a dozen games on the back end of the season.

Hopefully we'll start getting back the quality we are missing.

Unfortunately I feel like the time is coming for Dean Terlich to be dropped. He deserved to be high in our b&f last year, but there's a reason he didn't cut it at Sydney. Observable on-field attitude is top-notch, however he isn't an AFL level player, and doesn't appear to have much of a ceiling. We need smart decision makers, and safe hands. He lacks vision, times his forward attacks poorly, and gets caught in tight situations looking to break lines when he should be finding a teammate by hand. This kind of stuff turns into goals down the other end.

Terlich's game really isn't too far off a guy like Heath Shaw. Shaw is constantly attacking efficiently and in doing so he forces the opposition to attempt to negate him and therefore play more defensively from the forward line. Terlich's opponents pay scant regard for his attacks confident of a rebound falling in their lap.

• Like 2

In: Blease - forward pace, Hogan if fit, otherwise Gawn - marking fwd and ruck backup, Viney - because he is a gun.

Out: Bail - ineffective, Pedersen - missed too many chances, Kennedy-Harris - not quite ready

Terlich Frawley Dunn

Grimes Mcdonald Georgiou

Watts Viney Michie

Vince Fitzpatrick Trengove

Blease Hogan/Gawn Howe

Spencer Tyson N.Jones

M.Jones Cross Toumpas

sub. Byrnes

Viney not ready. Underdone. Same for Hogan, even if fit, will need a run or two at his old stomping ground at Casey.

Suspect Pedersen will stay in, can play forward or back, they have plenty of talls. If he can make a contest, provide some backup, that's a start.

McKenzie perhaps, Gawn, maybe one of Blease and/or Jetta.

If Pederson remains in the team this week, just put him deep in the forward line and tell him to stay there. He's not going to be of any use to us around the ground extra numbers wise anyway. One thing Pederson has going for him is he is a big body. Tell him to throw it around, provide a contest when the ball comes in and have at least one small crumbing the pack.

proteins and amino acids are the building blocks of muscle webber. grimes is built like a rookie. the falafels and chick pea salads arent doing it for him. and to make it clear i never sais bulk equates to strength. but bulk is bulk and in todays AFL youre going to need some of that

Be careful about thinking you know who you're talking to. Clearly science is not your forte. Amino acids are the constituents of protein, of which the plant kingdom has the full array. And 'to be clear', muscle bulk is as achievable through a veg diet as it is for meat. Practical scientific truth. If you want to make assertions that can be either justified or shot down by science, then it's better not to be ignorant of that science. Do some reading.

• Like 8

Be careful about thinking you know who you're talking to. Clearly science is not your forte. Amino acids are the constituents of protein, of which the plant kingdom has the full array. And 'to be clear', muscle bulk is as achievable through a veg diet as it is for meat. Practical scientific truth. If you want to make assertions that can be either justified or shot down by science, then it's better not to be ignorant of that science. Do some reading.

RRRRRROASTEDDD!

• Like 1

This will be an 80 point loss i reckon, unless Roos employs the mega flood which i dont think he will do. He knows where we are at, and we aren't going to get anywhere in the future by throwing in the towel now and trying to reduce losing margins instead of getting into winning habits. I know that sounds a bit odd, losing by 10 goals plus will create wining habits, but what the club needs to do is ignore all outside opinion, stick to the plan and if we do, in time this will come together.

The saints allowed us to chip the ball around as they were wanting to create the extra numbers back. West Coast will be on us at all times. We are gonna get a lesson in pressure, but thats the only we are gonna learn how to deal with it.

I pencilled in St Kilda and GWS as wins before round 1. I think we may lose to GWS as well now. There will be some pain on the way i'm afraid but i think with such a great teacher in Roos it could turn around within the season, we won't need a 5 year neeld plan.

The good news is we are getting the ball more often, but as someone mentioned before, the midfield group needs time to properly gel, they were high numbers, but the teamwork wasn't quite there yet.

Go Dees!

Like many things in science this is not a practical scientific truth. You will get many who argue the opposite, where diet is concerned there seems to be no consistency in the scientific community.

If we can stay with weagles at 3/4 time then who knows we may run over the top of them.

They played in very hot conditions in WA so u never know.

But the key is being within striking distance at 3/4 time.

Then the MFC has no chance of winning this game then DemonOX as they will not be anywhere near them at 3/4 time.