The continuing saga of Melbourne's injury list - 2014

alpha33

Interesting how little info Misson offered up on Hogan. Sounds like he is completely ready to go, must play at Casey this week... is there any chance of the 1's..?

Thought exactly same thing. Doubt though they would throw him straight in the side after such a long time off.

they've put 1-3 weeks on hoges.
My thinking is that he might be ready for vfl next week if he's super keen.

Other wise, the 3 weeks option is a bit of a cover from scrutiny if he decides he would rather wait til next season n get a full pre season.
My feeling is that if he was gonna play any week in the afl it would have been GWS, but its probably too soon considering he hasn't played VFL.

Also if he comes in this year, its obvious he will be a major target, he will get a lot of attention.
However if we are successful in luring a cameron during trade for instance, then he can debut next season and get the 3rd or 4th defender rather than the 1st or second.
I think the coaches would be aware of the hype and pressure that could end up on his shoulders, which we don't want.
however if someone such as cameron came in, he would take a good portion of that pressure, as would dawes.

• Like 1

they've put 1-3 weeks on hoges.

My thinking is that he might be ready for vfl next week if he's super keen.

Other wise, the 3 weeks option is a bit of a cover from scrutiny if he decides he would rather wait til next season n get a full pre season.

My feeling is that if he was gonna play any week in the afl it would have been GWS, but its probably too soon considering he hasn't played VFL.

Also if he comes in this year, its obvious he will be a major target, he will get a lot of attention.

However if we are successful in luring a cameron during trade for instance, then he can debut next season and get the 3rd or 4th defender rather than the 1st or second.

I think the coaches would be aware of the hype and pressure that could end up on his shoulders, which we don't want.

however if someone such as cameron came in, he would take a good portion of that pressure, as would dawes.

Would be awesome if we lured Cameron.. But if we played Pedersen and Dawes, Hogan would get the third defender anyway?

In previous years they would of made sure he played against GWS to try and lure more members in and sell

hope for next year?

But maybe if he plays this week in the VFL he might be keen to play his first game in WA?

But maybe if he plays this week in the VFL he might be keen to play his first game in WA?

There's something to be said about having him debut interstate to avoid any circus with him coming onto the park in front of lots of Dees fans with expectation in their eyes.

I have a feeling that an AFL debut is unlikely this year though.

Happy with that. Hogan, Trengove and Toumpas will all come in next year virtually as new recruits before we even start our drafting and trading. I suspect we'll be big improvers next year.

I've read heaps of comments now from people who would be happy to see the club put Hogan on ice for the year. I must be the only selfish bastard who would be absolutely shattered if I don't get a glimpse of him this season.

• Like 8

I've read heaps of comments now from people who would be happy to see the club put Hogan on ice for the year. I must be the only selfish [censored] who would be absolutely shattered if I don't get a glimpse of him this season.

not the only one nasher. I was just thinking how unfair yet totally par for the course for us if our best recruit maybe ever does not play a single game this year

I've read heaps of comments now from people who would be happy to see the club put Hogan on ice for the year. I must be the only selfish [censored] who would be absolutely shattered if I don't get a glimpse of him this season.

It's pretty much the only interest I have left in this season

if Jesse is ready to play which he surely is, then play him

Whats this cotton wool [censored]?

tthe MFC can't afford to be sitting out its players when they are available to play, especially their best ones

I will lose all faith in Misson if Jesse doesnt play this season

if Jesse is ready to play which he surely is, then play him

Whats this cotton wool [censored]?

tthe MFC can't afford to be sitting out its players when they are available to play, especially their best ones

I will lose all faith in Misson if Jesse doesnt play this season

Think it was pretty clear from the way Misson responded in his injury report that the decision is no longer in his hands.

Think it was pretty clear from the way Misson responded in his injury report that the decision is no longer in his hands.

yeah after i made the post i watched his report

The answer to the Hogan question was really odd, just brushed it off with a few words

Tells me hes a chance to play this weekened

yeah after i made the post i watched his report

The answer to the Hogan question was really odd, just brushed it off with a few words

Tells me hes a chance to play this weekened

That's what's got me a bit excited.

AS you say it was odd though, it was almost as if he was frustrated to still be getting the question. He must play this weekend, surely he's champing at the bit...

Still holding out hope its with the 1's.

I would bring him straight into the Seniors as the Sub to aim at playing a half. Roos has stated that the remainder of the season" is an extension of our 2015 pre season" why not get Dawes/Pedo/Hogan working together early and working on there leading patterns.

It would be a nice experience for his Family to come over to Melbourne watch him run out at the G and get to celebrate and sing the song after the win. They could stay a couple of extra days and then fly back over with the team for the game against WC.

Desperate to see the kid play

Yep.

Time to put Jack on the long term injury list because he's going to miss out for the rest of the season.

According to the list on the club's website, he has three mates and nobody is out for 4 to 6:-

injury list: round 22

Jack Grimes (hamstring) – season

Jayden Hunt (back) – season

Jake Spencer (ankle) – season

Jack Trengove (foot) – season

Sad part about all this is that for the first time in years we have plenty of players available for Casey but their season ends on the weekend.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

FROZEN by Whispering Jack

Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 7

TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 151

PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 36

VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 415

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 14

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 14 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 14

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The boys dissected another disappointing performance on the big stage against the Magpies and lamented our inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 ... LISTEN

Demonland | June 12

• Match Report      

FROZEN by Whispering Jack

The game was the set for what should have been an emphatic Melbourne victory except for one minor matter. The majority of Goody’s team froze up ... READ MORE

Demonland | June 11

• Casey Report      

TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season ... READ MORE

Demonland | June 11

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG ...READ MORE

Demonland | June 10

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | June 10

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | June 10

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials ... READ MORE

Demonland | June 10

• Match Preview      

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership ... READ MORE

Demonland | June 06

• 2024 Midseason Draft  

Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

With the Melbourne Football Club's first pick in the 2024 AFL Midseason Draft and pick number 11 overall the Demon's selected key forward Luker Kentfield from Subiaco ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 29

• Player Interview  

PODCAST: Kade Chandler Interview

I interview Kade Chandler about his road from being overlooked in the draft to his rookie listing to his apprenticeship as a sub to VFL premiership player to his breakout 2023 season to mainstay in the Forward line and much more ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 01

• Next Match 

Round 15

vs   

Saturday 22nd June 2024
    @ 07:30pm (MCG)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Injury List