• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cam Pederson is an interesting case.

He is a big solid unit. Can take a solid mark and can kick a long ball

But can he put it altogether under pressure?

I get the impression that so far he does not really trust his own abilities.

Maybe Roos and co are just what he needs.

I hope so.

I wouldn't write Pederson or any other MFC player off at this stage.

Surely they deserve a year of training/development under Paul Roos before being disposed of.

Cam Pederson hasn't done a lot to indicate that he'll play 200 games with us, but look at what Roos did to players with similar backgrounds that he recruited to the Swans.

If the worst comes to the worst we will need a few 'sacrificial cows' to make room for the 'gun' recruits who will want to flock to us at the end of next season.

(I just love this positive time of the year!)

Your thoughts on Pederson?

I thought he was ok in 2013. If you ignore the head ducking incident of round 1, he was a decent servant for us in 2013. Provided good depth and had no dramas getting possessions and contested marks in defence. Got some coaches awards votes in the second GWS game. Can take a contested mark either forward in back.

I think Pederson is underated around here and should provide solid depth next year.

*Pedersen

;)

Pedo looks fit and tried to keep up with the midfield running group the other day at training.

He couldn't of course, but neither could Dunny, and nor should they be expected to match that group which included Jonesy, Toumpas, Vince, Trengove and Cross who will all start Rd 1 injury permitted.

The group was led by Tom Mc, who continues to set high endurance fitness standards and makes Pedo and Dunny look slow by comparison.

Roosy went for smallish defenders at Sydney which is why you would think Tom Mc, Col and Frawley will again be our three pillars for our opponents three bigs.

But Pedo is going to be a very handy back-up if they get injured and I envisage him playing a bit as there are no other options, especially given Hoges won't be able to pinch hit down back because both Dawes and Clark are so injury prone that he will be needed up forward.

I know everyone was highly critical of him last year because he was given a pretty cushy three-year deal and failed dismally early as a forward, but as a defender he is a bit of a Jamie Duursma - a useful back-up role player and unlike Duursma he has a weapon with his thumping kick.

Just to clarify the "fat" issue, he has a ripped six pack. He's just a big guy. Football wise he sits in the same category as 95% of our list at the moment, and that is the cross road with a developing list and a great educator in charge they could either step up or disappear completely. Guess we will know in a years time.

He hasn't shown enough to date to suggest he'll ever be in our best 22.

It seems to me he was originally recruited to be the third tall forward and perhaps also to assist with some forward 50 rucking duties (despite his height).

BUT since that time Fitzpatrick has come on like a steam train and essentially owned this role.

I just don't see where he can push for selection. Perhaps as a CHB in the mould of Craig Ellis (remember him).

most of our mature age recruits from that years recruitment period were for list depth & fillin/backup whilst we played the kids were they should be, @ casey. Maturing.

I think C Pederson was a 50/50 as he had the talent to grow, but not the runs on thew board. stiil depth tho.

I see his talent. & I see the Roos teams talent to develop. 2 + 2 =???

Flinching at a football coming at you is what you do at Junior level not AFL level.

VFL player at best.

Seen plenty of decent AFL players do it on occasion.

Saw Enright do it last season, but it was largely overlooked because everyone likes him and knows he's a star.

All are prone to a momentary lapse.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Machsy

It's easy to sit in the stands and accuse a player who baulks at a 'hard ball get' of cowardice. I agree that it doesn't look good when a player 'squibs' a contest, but the important thing is how he reacts to similar incidents in the future.

Steven Stretch 'pulled out' of a contest and was immediately labelled a coward by some 'supporters'. Stretch went on to play many great games for MFC and obviously used this incident to spur him on.

Hopefully Pedersen will do likewise.

Lucas Cook says hi. ;)

Beat me to it. Consider your post "liked".

(Seriously, can we have that button back now? It's Christmas after all)

Pedo seems to have all the hallmarks of a very good VFL player. Something happens between the ears when he makes that next step. He seems capable enough, but it just hasn't clicked for him. He is still depth and that is highly unlikely to change.

Lucas Cook says hi. ;)

Like button pushed

Beat me to it. Consider your post "liked".

(Seriously, can we have that button back now? It's Christmas after all)

Pedo seems to have all the hallmarks of a very good VFL player. Something happens between the ears when he makes that next step. He seems capable enough, but it just hasn't clicked for him. He is still depth and that is highly unlikely to change.

Yes, yes.....mock all you will.

I want you all to know that I will accept apologies graciously.

Please, don't be afraid.

Please, don't be afraid.

I am sorry we spent Pick 4 on Morton, 12 on Cook, 9 on Molan, and 11 on Gysberts.

Sore and sorry.

Gillies doesn't rate.

Please, don't be afraid.

Not mocking, but in the scheme of things Gillies doesn't even register compared to using pick 12 on a guy who wasn't good enough to play a single senior game. Not one game.

Neeld should never have dropped him after that round 1 incident.. completely sapped all his confidence for the year. NC could have dropped toumpas after that Brissy game but stuck fat and gave the kid more confidence and he played out the year well.

Please, don't be afraid.

I am truly sorry if you think I am mocking you jr.

Usually don't do that.

I just think Pedersen is a VFL standard player.

If he turns into a useful player in 2014 I am happy for you to say ITYS.

Think I am fairly safe however.

Edited by old dee