Where do we want Jack Watts playing next year?

InVINCEable

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wherever Roos wants him. If thats on the wing then so be it. He has the skills and speed to be on the wing, just needs to get a bit of mongrel in him. there were a few games this year where he really showed some physicality which was great to see.

Roos seemed to make resigning Watts a priority, a sign he had a definite plan on how and where he would use him.

I trust in his vision.

MCG In September week 2 of the finals would be good!

Why sell it so short? How about week 4, collecting the Normie and the Premiership medallion.

I think he should play the same role as gunston

I presume you mean a top player in a Premiership team

• Like 1

he will end up being like tj, but better.

basically our smartest player, our quaterback, our architect.

I wouldnt be unhappy if youre right

High half forward and playing that 7th midfielder role. No team plays a 6 man forward line, they set up that way at centre bounces then a HFF pushes into the midfield. You will find Jack Watts and Howe will play this rotate through this role and linking our transition from back to forward.

High half forward and playing that 7th midfielder role. No team plays a 6 man forward line, they set up that way at centre bounces then a HFF pushes into the midfield. You will find Jack Watts and Howe will play this rotate through this role and linking our transition from back to forward.

I like the role for Watts not only positioning him for the delivery to the forward but also opening up the forward space for the Clarke Dawes Hogan show. I would prefer Howe to be deep forward at most times for the marking contests that he will provide. Watts will be able to select the best placed forward and deliver it to them in whatever fashion they require.

It will be interesting to see some training reports to see who is being matched with who

For Casey

In all seriousness. If he fails to fire in the first month then a good solid 6 weeks at Casey would be the absolute best thing for him. Stick him right in the guts and he can develop a stoppage game and a free rolling midfielder game. When he came back to AFL he would then be capable off half back, wing or half forward.

• Like 1

On the wing makes the best use of his abilities. He has the pace if possibly not the engine to go with whoever they put on him and his height and ball-use will be a huge bonus. If he can learn to be a bit more physical and hold his contested marks he can do the job Richo did for the Tigers in his last season or two, and he missed a Brownlow by 1 point in that role. It's a pretty big IF as to whether he can learn to play the role properly, but if he does he will be a massive weapon for us.

if we dont have injuries hell most likely play around the middle/wing... but if our forwards start to get injured he will definitely be pushed to forward line again

Toumpas will play off half back i reckon

Toumpas will play off half back i reckon

i was just looking at the thread '2014 round 1 team' , I hope your right. We have a long way to go but were starting to look good, if only on paper. Players like Dunn and Jordie won't be the walk up starts they used to be.

i was just looking at the thread '2014 round 1 team' , I hope your right. We have a long way to go but were starting to look good, if only on paper. Players like Dunn and Jordie won't be the walk up starts they used to be.

I think Dunn and McKenzie will thrive under Paul Roos, they will be given roles to play and you are expected to play that role. Dunn needs this if he doesn't have a role he gets lost. I though Dunn was OK down back this year and few brain fades through games like most our team. I see him of HBF this year, I don't like him deep he panics.

Toumpas needs to run of a wing, he is all class and we need him to balance our midfield. You need outside class with the inside grunt.

I don't see why he doesnt like the idea of being a utility. He can float forward and provide an option, play a kick behind the play or play through the midfield. Whilst he openly said he will thrive being able to play in a consistent position, he trained with the back group struggled to find the form from the previous season, played forward and had several solid games, played mid and was lost. i feel that he has the potential to be a good mid, but the reason he didnt succeed as a back will ultimately be why he may struggle in the midfield, he didnt demand the footy enough when we had it. Lynden Dunn is a perfect example, when we have the ball in our back half he demands it and thus he got the ball alot more than Jack out our backline. Nathan Jones does it through the midfield. If watts did this we would be a better team! I am a big believer that if Jack watts can get 20+ disposals, with 15 + being kicks we will go along way to winning games as he is a terrific user and decision maker

Where would I like Jack Watts to play? In another team

Nice bloke but I would have prefered us to trade him for a tall midfielder rather than try and turn a tall forward with questionable ability into one. I hope I am wrong and he stars under Roos.

Playing a Hird type midfield/half forward role similair to Howe.

He is definitely a natural forward as he showed under Craig.

He would occasionally go to full forward if he a gets a smaller mis matched opponent. Very likely if Dawes, Clark and Hogan were playing.

Will he be any good at extracting the ball though when its his turn? and yes every midfielder has to be able to get in the clinches and win some contested footy.

Thats his biggest question mark. I still have my doubts.

• Like 1