MFC's Virgin Australia Film Festival Video

PartyTimeJohnny

What a sweet little kid. That was brilliant of the club, Jack and Nathan. It does go to show how much the club does mean to so many people. I got a lump in the back of my throat watching that.

thanks mephis, that brought a tear to the eye....

that same wretched disease took my mum.

..... well done to all, & Sam, they've come along way with treatment in the past 18 years... I wish you & your little boy the best of health & happiness... cheers, dl

GO VOTE FOR THIS VIDEO ON THE VIRGIN FACEBOOK PAGE. http://www.facebook.com/virginaustralia/posts/10151576667056990

Why?

The inaugural Virgin Australia Film Festival has launched! As the Official Airline Partner of the AFL, we invited clubs to create a short film based on the theme Extra Mile.

The winners will be decided entirely by you.

The three clubs with the films which receive the most engagement on our Facebook page up until Grand Final Day will win flights for their team to the US for their altitude training.

All you have to do is 'engage', aka say something positive about the video.

Damn, I need to stop cutting onions while sitting at my PC.

Me to.

Beautiful.

I wish Sydney's father all the very best. What a shocking disease.

Full credit to the club for doing something so special.

Not afraid to admit I'm rather teary after watching that, problems pale in comparison.

Well written.

Great video, and well done MFC and the players.

Jack and Nathan don't have to do that, and it says a bit about those two for taking the time to make both Sam and Sydney's day!

All the best Sam, keep fighting mate, that little fella is worth fighting for.

Gorgeous video. Well done Melbourne, that adorable kid is now a life long supporter.

Well said Jaded.

Best of luck to Sydney and especially to his Dad. Well done Melbourne Demons.

Beyond this kid being a life long supporter, it gives meaning to supporting a club that is struggling on the field. And it's a way to create leaders IN the club and subsequently on the field.

To be a part of the Melbourne Demons Football Club is to create a sense of community within the club. Jim Stynes use to drum this concept into everyone he touched. Fantastic man, fantastic club, fantastic people. I feel a part of something special.

Hey all,

I've lurked around this site and 'ology for couple of years now, never really felt like I had anything to add.

My 5 year old is also battling cancer and was lucky enough to receive a visit from Col Sylvia a few weeks ago. Col was great and spent well over an hour with Seb, never seemed rushed or gave any indications that he would want to be anywhere else. Seb had already been through several rounds of Neuro surgery that week but was all smiles that day.

In conversation Seb admitted that his favourite player was not Colin, but Jack Watts. Upon hearing this Colin personally organised for Jack to come in the following week.

Jack again spent well over an hour with Seb, at a time he was plugged into a dialysis machine harvesting his stem cells. Again there were smiles in a most difficult time. Jack was also very honest and spoke candidly about his relationship with Neeld, who had already been dismissed.

Both players demonstrated to me that they carry enormous compassion and to lose either would have a real negative impact on Off the field as much as on. After these recent experiences it makes me sad to read so many posters on here so keen to cut them adrift

Thanks for the post 'Bradvermont', and I really hope your son comes through. It must be such a hard thing for you and your family to be going through this. The players do cop a bad wrap at times and I think we forget they are people first, trying to do their best in life even if we find it frustrating. It's good to hear about the positive things they do.

This is a supporters site and we are all Demon and football tragics, at times discussion will get heated about different players and their merits. I do however get really p...off when they are called flogs etc. In the end they are kids doing the best they can.

Good luck mate.

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.