Tom Rockliff

JV7

There is some talk around that he may want out of Brisbane come years end. He is a Benalla boy, so just wondering what peoples thoughts are on maybe offering up pick 2 for Rockliff and say a Patrick Karnezis who wants to return home to Melbourne...Karnezis had a very good NAB cup series through the midfield and wasn't given as much of a go during the early rounds. I rate Rockliff in probably the top 20-25 midfielders in the comp. With Brisbane desperate for a key forward maybe they will be looking to get into the draft a bit earlier and hoping for young Tom Boyd to be come available at pick 2.

He is a gun - no doubt about it.

I would go for him in a heart beat - but would he want to come to the Dees?

There is talk of the Dees targeting Adams, Sloane and now possibly Rockliff (you'd be silly nto to have a crack)

If we can land just one of them it would be a MASSIVE win for us. And yes i'd trade Watts in a flash for any 3. IMO Watts lacks mental toughness required to be anywhere near as good as these 3. 2013 proved that in my mind

Rockliff, hell yes. He is a fantastic player but if pick 2 was involved, we'd definitely have to be getting something substantial back with him.

I don't see the Lions letting him go without a fight though - if he leaves their midfield will go downhill fast. Is he out of contract?

Rockliff, hell yes. He is a fantastic player but if pick 2 was involved, we'd definitely have to be getting something substantial back with him.

Really?

They would have to add something when they are giving us an established 23 year old midfield gun that averages a whopping 27 touches a game and 5 tackles and oozes leadership and heart?

If they wanted pick 2 for him the MFC had better jump at it

• Like 1

Brisbane should be among the three most desperate clubs to secure Boyd (along with the Bulldogs and Carlton), Brisbane are the one party who have assets that I’d strongly consider trading pick 2 for, with Rockliff being the player I’d target. Any combination of him and Brisbane’s first rounder or Sam Mayes (for example) would tempt me. We could really test how strong their desire for a key forward is.

To think that we invited him to train with us (after he went undrafted in the ND), but BP didn’t think he was up to it (can’t remember if it was because he thought Rockliff was too soft…). A recruiting fail that was right up there with the reported snubbing of Sloane. Worth noting that that whilst we snubbed Sloane and went with Bennell, Michael Walters was on the board and being strongly considered by us when we chose Neville Jetta.

Also worth noting that next year’s crop of tall forwards is projecting to be significantly stronger with two high quality key forwards already pushing for top 5 classification (Goddard and McCartin). If we were to dangle a high pick (or alternatively one of our existing KPP surplus players) this is probably the year to maximise return from clubs in desperate need of a quality young tall forward.

I remember tom rockcliff trained with us. We used a pre season draft pick on Liam Jurrah and we were set to take him with our first rookie pick ( we picked jordie mckenzie) but Brisbane nabbed him a pick or two later.. spewin.

• Like 1

Rockliff seems to go well against us every time.

I wish we could get him.

The courier mail in Brisbane have reported that Tom Rockliff was frustrated with Voss. So if true he would probably be happy to stay at Lions now Voss has been sacked

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lions-sack-coach-michael-voss-to-stop-player-walkout/story-fni5f4q3-1226696604637

If Pick 2 is on the table and Watts wants out, I would gladly trade those two (+ exchange later picks etc.) for any two of these players: Rory Sloane, David Swallow, and/or Tom Rockliff.

Then fingers crossed we obtain a priority pick to select Boyd, and have he and Hogan tearing up the forward line for the next decade.

I remember tom rockcliff trained with us. We used a pre season draft pick on Liam Jurrah and we were set to take him with our first rookie pick ( we picked jordie mckenzie) but Brisbane nabbed him a pick or two later.. spewin.

Not quite correct. The Lions took him in the pre season draft before we had a chance to take him as a rookie pick. He was training with Melb and the plan was to use the preseason pick on him but as you said a guy from the desert was picked instead.

• Like 1

I'm not saying this is definite but i reckon if this were to happen we'd almost have what we need.

Pick 2 for Rockliff?

also

Sylvia and second round pick for Taylor Adams?

Still target Daisy Thomas for Shts and giggles

If Pick 2 is on the table and Watts wants out, I would gladly trade those two (+ exchange later picks etc.) for any two of these players: Rory Sloane, David Swallow, and/or Tom Rockliff.

Then fingers crossed we obtain a priority pick to select Boyd, and have he Hogan tearing up the forward line for the next decade.

David Swallow would not go as GC would never let him go, unless you traded pick 2

• Like 2

Not quite correct. The Lions took him in the pre season draft before we had a chance to take him as a rookie pick. He was training with Melb and the plan was to use the preseason pick on him but as you said a guy from the desert was picked instead.

Jurrah , Cousins then Rockliff , we screwed up there, if I recall didn't he he kick 50 goals in the TAC that year and wasn't taken in the first draft.

I'm not saying this is definite but i reckon if this were to happen we'd almost have what we need.

Pick 2 for Rockliff?

also

Sylvia and second round pick for Taylor Adams?

Still target Daisy Thomas for Shts and giggles

Sylvia cannot be part of any deal. He's an UFA - he can go wherever he likes.

• Like 1

And that tells you what about the ability of the recruiting idiots at MFC

Liam is a playr you pick when you have everything else

The sad thing is that the idiots thought we had everything So Dee-luded!!And picked him>

Sylvia cannot be part of any deal. He's an UFA - he can go wherever he likes.

Hopefully away from our club

I am so over him, I can barely watch his pathetic efforts any more Good luck to the club who snares him I hope that they realise he has so much potential!!!!

Gee we had a plan I very much doubt it>