Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Gold Coast axing their coach and Thompson being "interested" has forced the Bombers' hand to end it with James...

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

Kinda wanted him to hang around as it will cause the club more turmoil

This is the only thing has made my interest in footy and AFL enjoyable this year, hopefully golden boy can keep firing shots until his very end, so i can obtain absolute maximum pleasure from another clubs shambles (particularly at the Scum and their in denial fl0g supporters).

Keep digging James, just keep digging!

Edited by Demon Disciple

I absolutely DESPISE Essedung.

I never really enjoy watching other people/clubs/organisations suffering, but the ego driven, chest thumping, narcissistic attitude taken by Hird and Little leaves me actually enjoying watching them implode. Under Hird's leadership, his club allowed the players to take a regime of unknown and un-traceable supplements. How they could not just put their hands up and take their right whack is morally reprehensible and demonstrates deep character flaws in their leadership.

I hope they go bottom four and then wooden spoon as we rise.

• Like 3

If hirdy is sacked tomorrow, will he sue for wrongful dismissal?

He will be paid out for the remaining contract payments.

Given he is to appeal the Federal Court decision, he won't be able to afford the legal fees to launch a wrongful dismissal.

I reckon if he appeals the case then I wonder if EFC will cover his share of ASADAs legal costs that were awarded against him.

This is epic. Hird standing on 'principle'. Another coach once fell on the matter of principle. Once again, the game is bigger than the individual. This game is worth billions to the media backers. If that is lost or the game becomes tainted it will be more than Essendon or James Hird that falls.

Edit= sp.

Edited by bush demon

Given where it's at, the EFC board will sack Hird. This whole saga including the ridiculous and contemptuous re appointment, support and financing of Hird has been the most appalling episode I can remember in VFL/AFL football.

Once the EFC Board have finally sunk the knife into Hird the next step on their agenda is arrange for their prompt and immediate resignations and replacements on the Board. Little should show more balls than Hird and resign for leafing this fiasco.

Surely within an alleged AFL powerhouse there are people with the appropriate governance ethos experience and integrity to bring EFC back into the AFL fold as a functional and ethical club. For the very least for the good of the game.

And could the new Board actually live and breathe the mantra "putting the players health and welfare first"

And once Little has been evicted then they can pension off the good Doctor Reid as well.

• Like 1

Hird will be sacked within 24 hours....The split is now official...

James you are on your own....

and with Thompson now heading for the sun 'n surf they will, through their own NB Petite et Merde arrogant stubbornness find themselves without a coach to try to bring together the decaying remnants of a playing list.

Can anyone see Harvey, a favourite son, taking over for a year or two?

would he want to be tainted by their slime?
  • Like 1

Members of Essendon's leadership group tried to persuade James Hird not to go through with his plan to appeal the verdict, after the club briefed the leadership group on the crisis on Wednesday.

BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just reported that Jason Winderlich wants to play on, but not at Essendon

LOL

So he didnt really retire, just wanted to get the F out like Paddy

More players will follow youd think

If that is the case I hope Simon Goodwin is having a lot of coffee meetings this week with Essendon players he knows who would like a change...

• Like 2

Bloody hell...blink and stuff happens

Only just Hird the good gnus :)

Funniest thing I've hird in ages.

He's a Little rascal is our Jacques !!!

Doesn't surprise me one iota that this arrogant prig would still tilt at the windmill (aka as the fan de merde )

Keep going Jimmy...don't stop til you have NOTHING left.

Fwit of the year goes to ...lol

• Like 1

If that is the case I hope Simon Goodwin is having a lot of coffee meetings this week with Essendon players he knows who would like a change...

good point

We should be in the box seat here

• Like 1