Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

WorkSafe are culpably asleep if they don't look at this, just as are AHPRA if they aren't into Reid in a big way.

Unacceptable behavior being ignored just because they are a big club??

• Like 2

Hird was an absolute superstar player but he is coming across as a bit selfish these days.

What on earth was he doing in France given he was paid for this season anyway. Surely he should have been here watching the Bombers and the other 17 clubs, their players, their tactics and the overall trends that are ever changing in the game - compiling a dossier (like Bruce McAvaney does) for use next year and beyond.

Great to see one problem the Dees don't have.

Irrespective of any other issue, Hird being overseas during the season would have been the best thing for Essendon and its players.Otherwise his presence would have been an ongoing saga with media trying to manipulate stories involving Hird and the club. I'm not sure why he's come back now rather than waiting for the club's season to be over (although I can understand he may wish to be with his family) - as we've seen his return has itself created a new round of media inflammation.

• Like 1

He might wish soon he'd stayed there :rolleyes:

I met Demetriou recently. Asked him about worksafe Victoria and he was gobsmacked they hadn't apparently begun an investigation.

He defied anyone to say what happened at Essendon was acceptable behaviour. Said there were over 5000 injections.

I hope he was disgusted by it too. Any other discussion?

I met Demetriou recently. Asked him about worksafe Victoria and he was gobsmacked they hadn't apparently begun an investigation.

He defied anyone to say what happened at Essendon was acceptable behaviour. Said there were over 5000 injections.

I'm more gobsmacked that he discussed it at all...unless you work for Worksafe, ASADA or a law enforcement agency and were conducting a formal interview.

• Like 1

I'm more gobsmacked that he discussed it at all...unless you work for Worksafe, ASADA or a law enforcement agency and were conducting a formal interview.

Why...hes just citizen Andrew now. Most can reference the info in the public domain and like anyone discuss, candidly even about such as personal opinion. No ?

No I don't. I don't believe he said anything that wasn't in the public domain.

I hope he was disgusted by it too. Any other discussion?

He was totally disgusted.

Nothing much else other than they had to step in to help Melbourne as they were the most dispirited bunch of young men he has ever seen at a footy club. Be in no doubt that the reason we have Jackson and Roos is because of the AFL..

• Like 1

He was totally disgusted.

Nothing much else other than they had to step in to help Melbourne as they were the most dispirited bunch of young men he has ever seen at a footy club. Be in no doubt that the reason we have Jackson and Roos is because of the AFL..

thanks for that. I agree btw. That was our PP. most do not understand that

Was possibly more important than a PP in the sport term, although as we are set to finish second lady again I think it is becoming clear that we could perhaps do with another leg up to help turn our list over quicker. Even a stat of 2nd round would be good value this year, allowing us to trade in a player who will have immediate impact but still draft some kids for the future.

Was possibly more important than a PP in the sport term, although as we are set to finish second lady again I think it is becoming clear that we could perhaps do with another leg up to help turn our list over quicker. Even a stat of 2nd round would be good value this year, allowing us to trade in a player who will have immediate impact but still draft some kids for the future.

Is second lady a euphemism?

Hird was an absolute superstar player but he is coming across as a bit selfish these days.

What on earth was he doing in France given he was paid for this season anyway. Surely he should have been here watching the Bombers and the other 17 clubs, their players, their tactics and the overall trends that are ever changing in the game - compiling a dossier (like Bruce McAvaney does) for use next year and beyond.

Great to see one problem the Dees don't have.

Hiding

How bad does that make little look? 5000 injections and they are still happy to try and get off on a technicality

• Like 1

Look at it from his view MN

There is no other way

Little is just doing his job as he sees fit. Ironic though that he's done the Faustian deal and We're called the Demons lol

Look at it from his view MN

There is no other way

I understand what you mean OD, but when is enough, enough?

if this is true the clubs heavy hitters have gone and done something totally against the spirit of the game, potentially very dangerous to the players and something potentially devastating for the club, and spot.

and not only is he defending those people he's backing them in to remain in positions of power at the club.

ASADA will be hell bent on making them pay and little is going to make himself and the club look so much worse by trying to get off on a technicality rather than putting his players and supporters first.

fixed it

Haha yeah thanks mate.

At some point I hope morality kicks in and the blokes in charge do the right thing

Haha yeah thanks mate.

At some point I hope morality kicks in and the blokes in charge do the right thing

they think they are

Caro exposes Mark Robinson

The impression that the Hird camp constantly briefed Robinson was reinforced last year by a detailed legal account from Hird's former senior counsel Tony Nolan, which was delivered to former Essendon chief executive Ian Robson. Robson told colleagues the itemised account included time charged for a briefing to a News Limited journalist.

• Like 1

nail, head

ahhh its a beautiful thing...... the discord that is :)

Mike Sheehan just said on, on the couch that Neil Craig ( Essendon head of football ) Bomber Thompson and some of the board members are not keen for hird to come back and distract from a potential finals campaign this year.

I think it's a lot more than that personally, wouldn't be at all shocked if Neil Craig is coach of the bombers next season, Thompson won't stay if Hird is there, and possibly in the firing line of ASADA

James Hird is right in Asada's scope and a big chance I would have thought to cop more sanctions

I think it's foolish to commit to Hird being the senior coach for 2015 with so many lingering doubts

• Like 1