• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Also I feel like Mark Robinson is on the [censored] before he goes on AFL 360, he doesn't look, sound or act sober

Essendon obsessed about its propriety ( awkward and conflicted I would have thought )

Little ...obsesses about Essendon

Hird obsesses about Hird

Robinson obsessed about thinking he's relevant

News Ltd obsessed period ..but really really likes Essendon

Wilson ( c) obsessed about ........not sure ....but likes to dig claws in

ASADA ...obsessed about .....things that should be right

The Law ...obsesses about nothing

Footy players ...obsessed with footy

AFL obsessed with money

Essendon obsessed about its propriety ( awkward and conflicted I would have thought )

Little ...obsesses about Essendon

Hird obsesses about Hird

Robinson obsessed about thinking he's relevant

News Ltd obsessed period ..but really really likes Essendon

Wilson ( c) obsessed about ........not sure ....but likes to dig claws in

ASADA ...obsessed about .....things that should be right

The Law ...obsesses about nothing

Footy players ...obsessed with footy

AFL obsessed with money

I reckon you've got the making of a rap song there Beelzebub

Little is just doing his job as he sees fit. Ironic though that he's done the Faustian deal and We're called the Demons lol

Has anyone thought of the fact that Little might be fighting for his corporate survival as well..IF worksafe victoria investigate - Directors of the club can be liable for huge fines and disqualification from being a Director.. That woul dbe incredibly damaging for the likes of Little....

Has anyone thought of the fact that Little might be fighting for his corporate survival as well..IF worksafe victoria investigate - Directors of the club can be liable for huge fines and disqualification from being a Director.. That woul dbe incredibly damaging for the likes of Little....

Yes, but I don't recall he was involved when their workplace was unsafe, only afterwards I think. Was he on the board during the year of x,000 injections?

Yes, but I don't recall he was involved when their workplace was unsafe, only afterwards I think. Was he on the board during the year of x,000 injections?

VP that I remember sue.

VP that I remember sue.

good. Then he should be for the high jump - which is what he deserves for the way he has conducted things recently even if he was innocent of the original 'program'.

good. Then he should be for the high jump - which is what he deserves for the way he has conducted things recently even if he was innocent of the original 'program'.

He was a Director, therefore he is guilty if an unsafe workplace activity occurred by those employed under the Board.

His only get out of jail option, once the malfeasance became apparent, would be to resign stating the reasons for that resignation, distancing himself from the Board.

Remaining on the Board is a defacto endorsement of the unsafe work practices.

Edited by monoccular

He was a Director, therefore he is guilty if an unsafe workplace activity occurred by those employed under the Board.

His only get out of jail option, once the malfeasance became apparent, would be to resign stating the reasons for that resignation, distancing himself from the Board.

Remaining on the Board is a defacto endorsement of the unsafe work practices.

but they did nothing wrong. it's the mismanagement of the afl trying to scapegoat the good dons and bringing the game into disrepute

you wait, the truth will come out, that's all they have ever wanted (and of course the good health of the players)

fcs they even cancer-proofed the players

• Like 2

so when the bombers lose their court of arbitration for sport appeals against the bans handed down by asada (and i know im fast forwarding massively here, but thats what will end up happening i think - they will lose their fed court appeal, asada will issue show cause notices and then bans, and essendon will appeal them)

will everyone sit back and go, well, hirdy and essendon actually did all that?

or will they say "ASADA are useless" as a result of all the negative spin press that essendon have generated?

i mean, we have media suggesting that we should break away from WADA ffs.

so when the bombers lose their court of arbitration for sport appeals against the bans handed down by asada (and i know im fast forwarding massively here, but thats what will end up happening i think - they will lose their fed court appeal, asada will issue show cause notices and then bans, and essendon will appeal them)

will everyone sit back and go, well, hirdy and essendon actually did all that?

or will they say "ASADA are useless" as a result of all the negative spin press that essendon have generated?

i mean, we have media suggesting that we should break away from WADA ffs.

I find it hard to believe that ASADA could be painted as the big bad wolf out to get them like it has, I have a lot of family who support Essendon and they all say ASADA has nothing and it's all just smokescreens

ASADA will make sure the proof is very public and the sporting world knows exactly how bad the actions of Essendon have been imo

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe that ASADA could be painted as the big bad wolf out to get them like it has, I have a lot of family who support Essendon and they all say ASADA has nothing and it's all just smokescreens

ASADA will make sure the proof is very public and the sporting world knows exactly how bad the actions of Essendon have been imo

There own internal report tells us how bad they have been and they accepted it.

Things have now changed, because players are facing ASADA sanctions and all of a sudden no one has done anything wrong at all.

• Like 3

There own internal report tells us how bad they have been and they accepted it.

Things have now changed, because players are facing ASADA sanctions and all of a sudden no one has done anything wrong at all.

Theres going to be a whole lot of reality faced up to by a a whole lot of Essendon supporters in the not too distant future

but currently they have a coping mechanism for their situation .....DON-IAL !!

• Like 2

I have difficulty talking to Essondon supporters at the moment. They seem to be trapped in the dome of silence/ignorance. Their discussions are basically, James Hird would not do the wrong thing, it is a witch hunt followed by lalalalall lalallala lallallal lalllalalalalal until everyone else stops talking then they say I'm sick of this conversation. Some tear up if you mention the facts. Then they may add, when the facts come out we'll be cleared, besides we have already been punished (sic).

It is pointless to explain the facts, disrepute, evidence etc. They truly are delusional, it reminds me of Jones town or lemmings.

Please get the stick, the big one, give them an almighty whack and do it quickly. It is cruel to draw this out. There is a place in sport for euthanasia, out near the old airport.

• Like 3

Now ...theres probably absolutely nothing to read into this :unsure::rolleyes:

Will Evans, the son of former Essendon boss David Evans, quits Bombers just as Hird set to return

some curiousities:

In an intriguing twist of timing, the son of former club chairman David Evans has tendered his resignation at Essendon and will leave the club just as James Hird returns from suspension.

• Evans (David ), the son of former Essendon and AFL chairman Ron Evans, has not spoken publicly since he left the club, but has been seen at Essendon matches.
  • His actions( DE) in the days leading to, and on, February 5, 2013 - when the Bombers self-reported fears of doping violations to ASADA and the AFL - are seen as an important part of the Federal Court case brought against the anti-doping body by Hird and the club.
  • Evans ( David, the father of Will ) could be called to give evidence in the court case, beginning on August 11, where his understanding of what constituted a joint investigation - the Bombers and Hird allege the investigation was unlawful as ASADA worked outside its jurisdiction - could be questioned

Hird gets back and the Evan's close ranks

Nothing in it I say :o :)

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/8/aod9604-declared-safe-in-the-united-states/

AOD declared safe in the states.

im sure the bombers supporters will jump all over this, but to me this just proves that no one knew if it was safe or not to use TWO YEARS AGO

and most americans regard owning a gun as a safety measure - LOL

I'd bet wada/asada knew this was coming and was why they dropped all mention of aod9604 in their show cause notices

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 2

AOD had already been semi approved as a component to certain compounds and food processes by the US Food and Drugs Agency. I.e it had partial quasi green light for very special applications. Not general use though. Even now just because the general public may have access doesn't mean WADA will clear it.2 different arenas.

This is just smoke and mirrors propaganda by The windy hill lackeys. Diverting attention from the real matter at hand. Roll on the 11th

No doubt Bomber will replay that several times at the post-match so they can all devise tactics to avoid looking like COMPLETE F€£KWITS in future

they will probably appeal to the federal court that the entire game was illegal

• Like 2

Hyperthetical, Essendon play finals and win the first final, then are found guilty, does the 9th place team and the team knocked out in the finals receive compo?

I can't understand how they can be allowed to play finals with this hanging over their heads.

• Like 1