Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

It wont be up to the AFL really. If WADA find cause to punish the club as is within its code ( agreed by all ) why should the club escape ? The club after all IS the culprit

Check Your Substances

i wonder how many of the Essendone Einsteins bothered ??

yes but it helps to know what you are or might be taking in order to ask the question - LOL

Search

IMPORTANT: If you cannot find your search term on 'Check Your Substances' that does NOT mean that it is permitted in sport. Further, 'Check your Substances' lists whether substances are prohibited in sport in accordance with WADA's Prohibited List as amended from time to time. Results from searches conducted on 'Check your Substances' are in no way intended to indicate whether it is legal to possess or use these substances under Australian Federal, State or Territory laws.

Do not use 'Check your Substances' to search for supplements or supplement ingredients. Please go to the following link for supplements for more information regarding supplements and supplement ingredients.

Enter the name of a product or substance They can't tell me, but they say it is ok

If you cannot find your search term below, it may not return a result because it is an overseas product, it is a supplement, or it is a new product.

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1

I want to know why Dank hasn't responded (as far as we know) to the show cause notice.

And if not why hasn't his name been put on the register of banned officials?

Edited by jnrmac

I want to know why Dank hasn't responded (as far as we know) to the show cause notice.

And if not why hasn't his name been put on the register of banned officials?

I want to know why this Bent Football Club is allowed to compete each week.

As if they didn't do it all (and probably more)

When do the show cause notices have to be answered

not 100% sure but think theres a judges 'nod' to asada to hold off til the trial. I think theyll will be due then as Asada have declared they will go forward irregardless.

Happy to be corrected.

Was going to add this to the herald sun comments on the article "Essendon’s High Stakes Court Case Challenge ...", but I refuse to pay the subscription fee; have seen better examples of journalism in my children’s primary school newsletter.

Still I felt it should be shared (not sure if it has received as much attention as it should) - even though it is bloody obvious, there is still so much acceptance of the "no records kept" argument forming a major basis for the commentary on this saga:

"Talk about gullible, I cannot believe anyone actually believes that an organisation would implement a program to improve performance without tracking and monitoring the effects of every aspect of the program: on what was delivered, to whom, when (timing of day/week), levels of fitness, quantity of what was delivered, combinations, etc, - even having comparing data between players including those who have not received anything (as a baseline).

If for no other reason, this would have just been in place to measure the effectiveness (and return on investment) of the program; and to enhance, develop and improve future program(s). This lack of record keeping and data collection just wouldn't happen, even at the most basic level, in any organisation beyond that managed by primary school kids. Incompetent (beyond reasonable) or criminal (destroying/hiding records) should see the club turfed and rebuilt - perhaps as the Tasmania Bombers, or North Australia Bombers."

organised crime gangs apparently are light on for records & documents. & tax receipts.

• Like 1

I was thinking more of 'The Wacky Races', which made more sense than a lot of the events in this saga ... :blink:

did you mean this one, buy chance ?

.... the old carrier pigeon of truth hey, hard to contain withing 4 grey walls of security...

love the lyrics, apt..

Anyone see the comments by Tim Watson that Hird should not come back to the club this year? Not sure what to read in this but if Hird did have the players welfare as his priority I think Watson is 100% correct. The circus that will follow Hird will only distract the club and the players ata a time they should be focussing on a possible finals series.

Be interesting to see what the little egotist decides to do.

IMO if he was a half decent person and loved the club he would do what cuddles has done and fall on his sword. Not much honour on display at windy hill.

IMO wattson is up to his armpits in trying to smooth the bombers media. to sooth the drugs storm.

Didn't he tell the parents theres nothing to worry about? how could you believe anything he says about the club or this saga?

I want to know why this Bent Football Club is allowed to compete each week.

As if they didn't do it all (and probably more)

I agree, how can this club compete in finals at the expense of a club who is not under a serious anti doping investigation, the team that finishes 9th could feel a little hard done by imo

Nothing particularly new here but an interesting overview of where the PEDS story sits at the present time from Roy Masters ~ AFL to emerge as big losers from ASADA inquiry but NRL faces rosier report card

Read that and have to say I agree WJ. The AFL handling of this has been a bit shambolic albeit in the best of intentions.

It will be interesting see how it ends up for the AFL. I am confident that ASADA will eventually prevail but cant say the same for the action taken by the AFL. You would probably know a lot better than me but I would have thought that Essendon and Hird will go to town on the AFL if they prevail in the Federal Court case.

The NRL played the ball while the AFL were caught playing the man and it may come back to bite them.

Nothing particularly new here but an interesting overview of where the PEDS story sits at the present time from Roy Masters ~ AFL to emerge as big losers from ASADA inquiry but NRL faces rosier report card

The only bit that surprised me was the very last line where he claims "the AFL has received $3 billion from government and corporate support this past decade, including $2 billion for stadiums". I can understand the $3 billion if he's including TV right money - but if that's right, surely the $2 billion can't be.

Anyway, he might be right in what he's written throughout the article but because he's a rusted on rugby league tragic who will write anything that will boost NRL and denigrate AFL, it's a bit hard to know what's objective and what isn't.

The only bit that surprised me was the very last line where he claims "the AFL has received $3 billion from government and corporate support this past decade, including $2 billion for stadiums". I can understand the $3 billion if he's including TV right money - but if that's right, surely the $2 billion can't be.

Anyway, he might be right in what he's written throughout the article but because he's a rusted on rugby league tragic who will write anything that will boost NRL and denigrate AFL, it's a bit hard to know what's objective and what isn't.

My thoughts too.

Anyone see the comments by Tim Watson that Hird should not come back to the club this year? Not sure what to read in this but if Hird did have the players welfare as his priority I think Watson is 100% correct. The circus that will follow Hird will only distract the club and the players ata a time they should be focussing on a possible finals series.

Be interesting to see what the little egotist decides to do.

IMO if he was a half decent person and loved the club he would do what cuddles has done and fall on his sword. Not much honour on display at windy hill.

That is the big IF !

caro at it again

The more pertinent question surrounds the future of Hird, who has still shown no sign of significant contrition and seems still wedded to a number of irrelevant conspiracy theories, along with the view that the fault for what happened under his watch and its fallout was more the AFL's than his.

I still laugh..... study tour :)

How unusual for an EssUndone coach to say "it's not about me"! A refreshing change from his predecessor.