Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

The manila traffic jam i am stuck in right now!! :)

So it's not illegal to use your phone and drive over there?

nothing is illegal in manila.

Well almost nothing,its illegal to teach your monkey to smoke,{but its not illegal to give your monkey a smoke]

Its illegal to sell more than one of your kidneys.

And thats about the end of the manila legal system rules.

• Like 2

nothing is illegal in manila.

Well almost nothing,its illegal to teach your monkey to smoke,{but its not illegal to give your monkey a smoke]

Its illegal to sell more than one of your kidneys.

And thats about the end of the manila legal system rules.

manila runs on corruption and gasoline.

Yep. All good stuff and well picked up by the author who has a good sense of what goes on in these cases.

In the meantime, the circus outside the courtroom continues and Essendon's attack on the AFL foreshadowed in the court has predictably been picked up by one of its media proxies Chip Le Grand in the Australian. The focus is now on AFL "integrity" manager Brett Clothier -

Court focus on AFLs integrity chief

"AFL integrity manager Brett Clothiers handling of confidential anti-doping information has emerged as a central issue in Essendon and coach James Hirds Federal Court case against the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority."

While I agree that Clothier may have to justify certain things he might have said or done it's a side issue and doesn't go to the heart of either this application by Essendon or the to the doping allegations facing the club.

Like last week's brainfart from Mark Robinson who attacked the very existence of the "Essendon mother" which backfired when Eddie McGuire replayed the interview and Jobe Watson admitted it reflected the feelings of many Bomber parents, this is yet another counterproductive effort from a camp that becomes more and more desperate. The whole thing is unraveling before Little's very eyes.

• Like 3

Yep. All good stuff and well picked up by the author who has a good sense of what goes on in these cases.

In the meantime, the circus outside the courtroom continues and Essendon's attack on the AFL foreshadowed in the court has predictably been picked up by one of its media proxies Chip Le Grand in the Australian. The focus is now on AFL "integrity" manager Brett Clothier -Court focus on AFLs integrity chief

"AFL integrity manager Brett Clothiers handling of confidential anti-doping information has emerged as a central issue in Essendon and coach James Hirds Federal Court case against the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority."

While I agree that Clothier may have to justify certain things he might have said or done it's a side issue and doesn't go to the heart of either this application by Essendon or the to the doping allegations facing the club.

Like last week's brainfart from Mark Robinson who attacked the very existence of the "Essendon mother" which backfired when Eddie McGuire replayed the interview and Jobe Watson admitted it reflected the feelings of many Bomber parents, this is yet another counterproductive effort from a camp that becomes more and more desperate. The whole thing is unraveling before Little's very eyes.

An attempt by attack dog Pomme Frite to unnerve and harass a key witness.

In the meantime, the circus outside the courtroom continues and Essendon's attack on the AFL foreshadowed in the court has predictably been picked up by one of its media proxies Chip Le Grand in the Australian. The focus is now on AFL "integrity" manager Brett Clothier -

Court focus on AFLs integrity chief

I actually found the Robbo article denouncing the Bomber Mother's call as a fake, mind boggling.

Obviously the woman didn't want to give her name, so as to not out her son. Robbo is suggesting that a lady rang up the radio, had what seemed to be a thorough understanding of what happened, was not a Bomber's mother, but was a brilliant enough actress to cry throughout the interview and make everyone listening believe she was who she said she was. Couple that with the fact that she had spoken to Eddie and his producers off air, who also believed she was who she said she was.

If she was a fake she was brilliant and clearly extremely well informed. Who would have informed her if she was not a player's mother? Why would she go to that trouble if she was a fake?

I can find only one fake in this latest little episode and that is Robbo. He is pretending to be a journalist when he is nothing but a mouthpiece. Shame on you Robbo, you have no credibility in my eyes.

• Like 6

What a brilliant article...

I like his dig at Robbo. The only bit I find incongruous is the reference to Caro as a "celebrity journalist."

I'm a more attractive man than Little - and that's saying something. He looks like the Emperor from Return of the Jedi.

I don't know you but really, there is so little to beat that I believe you.

He looks bitter and twisted, and certainly is delusional.

Does anyone know a good shrink? Following MFC for so long I am sure some of us have needed one.

Hawkins and a lone Cat supporters celebrate putting the finishing touches on Essendrugs 2nd loss of the day

Look at how many of them are giving the bird. What a bunch. Stay classy, Essendon.

• Like 1

You are not going to convince people who look at the situation from the perspective of the players involved and not the interests of the wider sporting community which needs laws put into place to help stamp out the drug cheats.

No, that actually was the point. If the laws were inadequate, the players would have been protected.

You have no idea. The AFL receive upwards of $100m a yr in stadium developments, grants etc from the federal government. If you think that they would turn that down and refuse to comply with WADA rules (like most major sports in the world) you are being foolish.

The AFL in reality had no choice.

As for your statement the AFL should have kept out of it. Really, do you think before posting?

I could ask the same. Did you think before posting? The Age has in the main been a voice for the AFL and curiously put out an article saying that they 'going separate ways', curiously a few days before Essendon & Co put their case before the court

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-and-asada-probes-were-separate-sports-body-claims-20140625-zslso.html

That tell's me that the AFL over involved themselves, now wish to not look so involved. Lol

Have a good think about about how much of the $100m will be lost as people turn away from the game, turn back to grass roots or other sports over the next 10 years. I see no reason why there's can't be an additional layer of testing & governance that's actually respected. In the end it's not really about the money is it? It's about the AFL/NRL being threatened by the government. This is the real story, not some messed up AFL team.

My point was that the AFL went out of their way to pick a fight, when they should have been clearly explaining their dilemma.

btw.. I don't want Hird back so you can lose the pro Essendon crap

I could ask the same. Did you think before posting? The Age has in the main been a voice for the AFL and curiously put out an article saying that they 'going separate ways', curiously a few days before Essendon & Co put their case before the court

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-and-asada-probes-were-separate-sports-body-claims-20140625-zslso.html

That tell's me that the AFL over involved themselves, now wish to not look so involved. Lol

Have a good think about about how much of the $100m will be lost as people turn away from the game, turn back to grass roots or other sports over the next 10 years. I see no reason why there's can't be an additional layer of testing & governance that's actually respected. In the end it's not really about the money is it? It's about the AFL/NRL being threatened by the government. This is the real story, not some messed up AFL team.

My point was that the AFL went out of their way to pick a fight, when they should have been clearly explaining their dilemma.

btw.. I don't want Hird back so you can lose the pro Essendon crap

Yep. Right. Biggest scandal in the AFL in 140 yrs and the AFL shouldn't say a thing. Stay right out of it. Congrats you jst got onto my ignore list.

• Like 1

The AFL had to get involved,they got the bombers for BTGID and thats about all they could do.There was no other charge they could lay against them.

ASADA, are not controlled by AFL or efc and AFL knew that and still know it today,their hands are tied until asada plays out its SC and IN game.Only then will the afl do what its done to other clubs recently,and thats help them get back on the right track.

Yep. Right. Biggest scandal in the AFL in 140 yrs and the AFL shouldn't say a thing. Stay right out of it. Congrats you jst got onto my ignore list.

Didnt realise congrats were in order if somebody gets on your ignore list.You get out of the wrong side this morning?

• Like 1

I dont think there is any doubt that the action take by Hird and Little is the day in court Hird has always wanted. He has never accepted any wrong doing in relation to this and was always inclined to fight the AFL's response in the courts.

He is targeting the legality of the interim report and the 'joint investigation' for one reason only and that is to clear his name. If that results in the players getting off as well then thats a bonus.

IMO if Hird and the club are successful in this Federal Court case further procedings will be taken against the AFL to have the penalties for bringng the game into disreput ruled invalid. If that occurs the players and Essendon will sue the AFL for millions in losses and damages.

It would be travesty of justice if evidence held by ASADA was unable to used and the Club was left the only winner. Not sure that the courts will allow that to occur.

• Like 1

It would be travesty of justice if evidence held by ASADA was unable to used and the Club was left the only winner. Not sure that the courts will allow that to occur.

Totally agree. Bring out all the evidence and charge them or it might not ever get used. So much time and opportunity wasted before it hit the courts..

ASADA should play their hand imo, that way even if the bombers get off on a technicality they won't shake the cheaters tag