Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

get up to speed Jack....we enjoy your valuable input :)

well...you can make sense of it ..lol

I haven't kept up to speed with today's events at the Federal Court but I understand that David Grace QC has indicated that the players don't want to be joined in the action without the ability to retain their anonymity. I believe the judge who has the discretion to do so (in which case they might be identified by a number e.g Player A ... Player AH etc) but is mulling over whether this is appropriate. It looks like we'll have to wait till Friday before he gives his decision on this.

No doubt, he is considering whether anonymity is warranted in the circumstances. The players have not been charged with let alone been found guilty of anything. The AFL, EFC and the players are all signatories to the WADA Code and AFL anti doping code so they have signed on to the system that involves show-cause notices. They have also reportedly been offered a deal that, if accepted, would see them take reduced sanctions without being labelled drug cheats. Some players who most likely are included in the 34 were named by Mark Robinson a while ago in the Herald Sun. The entire list of Essendon players (about 44) from 2012 is publicly available so, in fact, the publication of the players' names as being parties to this action, might not harm their reputations anyway because they are associated with the Bomber's alleged doping programme so if anything, it would assist the reputations of the 10 or so EFC players form their 2012 list who haven't been served with show-cause notices.

Anyway, the cash registers keep ticking over in favour of the legal profession :lol:

Thanks WJ!

I'm finding more and more that reading your posts provides me with me a better understanding of what's going on than the papers do.

Jdvdr.gif

• Like 2

next it will be

Aliens made me do it !!

...or seagulls, considering who was his coaching mentor?

• Like 2

The judge disagrees that it's a conspiracy so let's forget that talk.

I think most of the football world really wants the facts to come out. Two months of legal posturing whilst acceptable because the law has to afford rights to the parties, is enough. I look forward to a just outcome and IMO that means a hearing of the substantive issue which is whether or not Essendon players had TB4 ingested into their systems. All the rest is sizzle and without a hearing of the facts relating to the EFC programme, the reality is that every one of its 2012 list will be regarded by the majority as drug cheats as will their club and key personnel - including the golden haired boy.

• Like 2

I think most of the football world really wants the facts to come out. Two months of legal posturing whilst acceptable because the law has to afford rights to the parties, is enough. I look forward to a just outcome and IMO that means a hearing of the substantive issue which is whether or not Essendon players had TB4 ingested into their systems. All the rest is sizzle and without a hearing of the facts relating to the EFC programme, the reality is that every one of its 2012 list will be regarded by the majority as drug cheats as will their club and key personnel - including the golden haired boy.

Exactly, they may get off on a technicality, but the cheaters damage will do plenty of damage regardless unless they prove they're innocent, I just don't think they are personally and that's why they aren't responding to the show cause notices and why they have gone straight to the federal court to try and get off on a technicality rather than fighting for their innocence.

Zaharakis says he definitely was NOT injected, so he in my mind would avoid the label. He must by now be bloody disillusioned and surely would consider another club (dependent on contract status).

I have a funny feeling Reimers has a massive part to play in this Saga, if he admits presumably the whole lot of them will be done and the bombers case collapses under itself, even if the investigation is considered void the ethical ramifications would be huge.

Zaharakis says he definitely was NOT injected, so he in my mind would avoid the label. He must by now be bloody disillusioned and surely would consider another club (dependent on contract status).

I think he recently signed on for three years didnt he?

Its interesting how many bomber supporters have a smile on their face.

anyone see the guy top right corner just flipping the bird. lol

i'm waiting for the insanity plea.....it might just fly

Or he could try the involuntary action defence caused by fear that he might one day end up like Matthew Knights.

Friday may prove interesting.

Its quite fascinating on a few levels.

Grace arguing that anonymity is a prerequisite for the players joining. The view taken that naming will give association in a negative manner. They are as such currently deemed innocent. Where else might an accused garner such privilege ?

Many are named and appear before courts and stand or fall at that hurdle.

The players, even served, are still currently afforded the badge of innocence and will keep such should they be exonerated from their Show Cause status.

What makes these lads think they can (still) continue by stealth ?

Yes Friday looms.

• Like 1

Grace arguing that anonymity is a prerequisite for the players joining. The view taken that naming will give association in a negative manner. They are as such currently deemed innocent. Where else might an accused garner such privilege ?

The players, even served, are still currently afforded the badge of innocence and will keep such should they be exonerated from their Show Cause status.

Yes Friday looms.

I'll give you a hint. Its probably one of the 40 players on their list in 2012.

Every one of them is under suspicion so what does it matter? All naming them will do is clear 6 of them from the stench that is the Essendon FC. If I was one of those 6 I would be out there shouting it from the rooftops.

"IT WASN"T ME THAT TOOK THE FILTHY CHEATING DRUGS........... "

i'm waiting for the insanity plea.....it might just fly

I don't believe it the .............(wait for it)...............Sanity Clause

Yes Friday looms.

maybe they need anonymity because they are behaving like minors?

maybe they need anonymity because they are behaving like minors?

They want anonymity in relation to a systematic attempt at gaining advantage using allegedly illegal means, whilst another AFL player is named prominently in all media regarding a very serious criminal allegation.

Balance?

They want anonymity in relation to a systematic attempt at gaining advantage using allegedly illegal means, whilst another AFL player is named prominently in all media regarding a very serious criminal allegation.

Balance?

i blame the mrp for corrupting the whole system

• Like 1