Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Cant wait for Thompson and Hird to start their revisionist memoirs.. farenheit 451 anyone ?

Listened to Burnside this morning in the car on MMM and felt sick.

That sickness quickly turned to extreme anger when Eddie said we "[The MFC] Got off lightly for tanking compared to the Bombers $2.5 million".

• Like 1

It could possibly be #19-24 if a priority pick is granted or if there are still compensatory GCFC/GWS picks to be utilised.

If Essendon finished, say, 8th, they'd normally be entitled to #11. It's still quite a demotion in the pecking order.

well regardless of special picks "after the end of round one" for effectively 17 clubs still equals round one for 18 clubs to me

to me it just means a "deprecated round 1" pick

• Like 1

Hird, Thompson,Little , Burnside...

make you want to cwlq.jpg

• Like 1

I heard Birnside on SEN this morning and really could not believe what i was hearing..

The Golden Boy was painted as the Greatest Champion of all times, who has done it hard all year..

On Feb 5 he knew what he had done...

Hopefully last night was just stage 1 of their pain.

• Like 2

Burnside QC lost me at "What he did tonight was nothing short of heroic", I already had a taste of vomit in my mouth from "He has desperately wanted to show that he was not guilty of anything". Had to kick it in the guts.

• Like 1

Mathew Lloyd needs to stop talking about Essendon as we.It slipped a couple of times. He has been hopelessly conflicted this year nad has provided little of value.

Even without the Essendon saga I don't think Lloyd would have provided much of value. I think his old team mate Scott Lucas is a much better analyst of the game.

It would have been a really interesting year with Grant Thomas on the panel.

• Like 1

I have just eaten lunch so it would not be appropriate to listen to that.

typical one eyed not looking at the positives

this audio is constantly fed to young women appearing in australias next top model

it has given them grace ,beauty and power to keep their weight at a minimum .

its also used at the poisons unit in RMH,helping people expunge toxic ingestions

positive positive positive

It would have been a really interesting year with Grant Thomas on the panel.

oooooh YES !! :)

Thanks for this Jack.

Its been the best bit of Footy Classified I have seen. It was rivetting stuff.

Although he stuffed up, I really admire Bomber for fronting the media like he did. He is clearly has been doing this hard. This process is gruelling for all parties concerned. I dont understand why they made it harder for themselves with the charade that they have done nothing wrong.

I still dont think its realised what should have happened at EFC from Feb 5 when this issue broke.

The parties connected should have stood aside immediately. It would have taken some of the heat and damage out of this matter.

I am concerned that Bomber may have thought that if ASADA dont find anything that the AFL penalties are inappropriate. Indicated to me that he did not get it.

Mathew Lloyd needs to stop talking about Essendon as we.It slipped a couple of times. He has been hopelessly conflicted this year nad has provided little of value.

I hope that wasn't considered part of Bomber's job interview for the job next year.

The punishment seems light, but let's not forget it's only "disrepute" they've been charged with and 'convicted' for. In that regards, it makes sense that Hird's sentence is equal to Connolly's - he's been found guilty of the same crime.

True, both are 'disrepute' cases. But surely there are degrees of disreputable behaviour.

Ess are delusional.

"It was only governance issues..."

No. You used your young players as guinea pigs. You may have even put their lives in danger. No-one knows what the side effects are of the drugs you claim not to know they have taken.

You tried to get an edge and stepped over a very clear line. Fail. You lose.

You were warned by the AFL. Warned by the club doctor but you pushed ahead in any case.

The penalties are a joke. Chris Connolly would be very pizzed off.

• Like 2

Goddard....

he might be lonely

Hird continues to be defiant and plays the poor me card. I really hope the EFC is in the doldrums for years to come, every time there is a hint of contrition they bury it in arrogance.

Their ethos at Essendon makes me sick as a follower of football. As for Hird .....well he has shown himself to be an A grade egotist. There will be a big black cloud over this club for years to come and onfield success will always be questioned, because they are a bunch of liars.

• Like 1

I think Essendone got off lightly. I wonder how many other teams have dabbled. I am pasting a comment from The Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-should-have-intervened-mark-thompson-20130828-2sq75.html#ixzz2dFS2X6uq

Should the AFL be investigating Geelong too?

Dean Robinson was there in 2007, Geelong have said Dank was not involved at their club in that time, yet here is an exerpt from an interview with The Australian in 2007.

"From his office at Skilled Stadium, Robinson, the club's strength and rehabilitation manager, is in almost daily contact with Sea Eagles' fitness consultant, Steve Dank."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/robinson-who-bucked-the-fitness-trend/story-e6frg7mx-1111114519497

This week Mark Thompson has come out and said they had better structures at Geelong for their strength and conditioning departments. What? Better ways to cover it up. Where do you think Hird got the "info" that Hawthorn and Collingwood were doing the same things?

The AFL should investigate Geelong too.

The first line of the Australian article is this:

"DEAN Robinson has straddled the divide between AFL and rugby league and finds himself with two grand final teams to cheer this weekend. "

Wow...pretty successful, that Dean Robinson bloke!

Based on what formal evidence beyond hearsay?

The ASADA investigation into Essendon was triggered by an ACC investigation that targeted the importation and use of illegal substances which connected Dank.

If the relevant authourities go looking for evidence, ask the relevant people the right questions, I expect that the truth will come out. If there is nothing bad, then we can get on with the game. If there is something bad, premierships should be taken from the relevant clubs.

Hird continues to be defiant and plays the poor me card. I really hope the EFC is in the doldrums for years to come, every time there is a hint of contrition they bury it in arrogance.

Their ethos at Essendon makes me sick as a follower of football. As for Hird .....well he has shown himself to be an A grade egotist. There will be a big black cloud over this club for years to come and onfield success will always be questioned, because they are a bunch of liars.

"He wish he had known what was actually going on". He is a grub.
  • Like 1

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-should-have-intervened-mark-thompson-20130828-2sq75.html

Bomber Thompson is a deadset lunatic - "the AFL should have intervened earlier" he quotes that the Afl told Hird NOT to go down this path, that Peptides are bad mmmkay. Yet when he goes down this path it is somehow tha AfL's fault. WTF is he smoking. How in gods name does he not banned as well - he knew exactly what was going on yet didn't stop it as a senior personnel.

I am getting angrier by the day. No one at Essendon seems capable of taking responsibility even after accepting punishment. It's all someone else's fault, surely the buck stops with the coach and senior assistant

• Like 5