• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

So when will the Player infraction notices begin to arrive??

Next week. I love the way most media outlets have reported the story as if it is all finished and done.

If there are 100+- players around Australia already being targetted this dirty saga has only just begun.

Essendrug are still in deep deep trouble.

It will be interesting to see if any players walk out on the basis the club put their health and safety at risk.

Their contracts could be null and void as a result.

Also interesting to see if any player litigation against the club commences. The vultures are circling.

It will be interesting to see if any players walk out on the basis the club put their health and safety at risk.

Also interesting to see if any player litigation against the club commences. The vultures are circling.

Particularly if Doc Reid starts Teeing off in Court. It may force the hand of Dank to come forward.

I got word of that Caulfield Doctor late last year, from what i was told more than one club is involved...I don't think the Doctor is in the country at this point in time.

But i do know that Doc Reid is very angry at many different parties.

IMO the tipping point will be if any players are isuued with infringment notices

I still don't believe we are going to see many if any at all.

He says putting up umbrella waiting for the storm!

Sue he has a thriving business that operates out of Epworth Hospital.

Very much a hard working Doctor.

OK thanks, news to me. Of course many hard working doctors with a thriving business do retire, especially if something is forcing their hand. So the speculations I raised may perhaps still be relevant.

It won't happen. The AFL will wait until it dies down and do a deal, where what he admits, doesn't affect his livelihood. Watch this space.

The AFL may like to hush it, I wonder though as to the thinking of the Medical Board of Australia. Very possible a please explain letter might appear.

Redleg, do you think the issue for Doc Reid is likely to be about medical indemnity insurance?

Redleg, do you think the issue for Doc Reid is likely to be about medical indemnity insurance?

Possibly or, the Medical Board or purely reputation.

For it to be medical Insurance or the medical board, the players would have to be his patients and what was done, would have had to have occurred in that relationship. I am unsure whether every player at a club, could be considered the patient of a part time doctor at all times.That seems illogical to me. I would imagine that the player only becomes a patient during an actual consultation or course of treatment. I would consider attending to an incident as treatment.

It seems to me that the club hires the Doctor and provides his services to the players as required and when receiving treatment, or advice, the player is the Doctor's patient.

I get the feeling that this guy has been seriously hurt and wounded by this affair and he wants to protect his reputation and along with it his career.

• Like 2

Possibly or, the Medical Board or purely reputation.

For it to be medical Insurance or the medical board, the players would have to be his patients and what was done, would have had to have occurred in that relationship. I am unsure whether every player at a club, could be considered the patient of a part time doctor at all times.That seems illogical to me. I would imagine that the player only becomes a patient during an actual consultation or course of treatment. I would consider attending to an incident as treatment.

It seems to me that the club hires the Doctor and provides his services to the players as required and when receiving treatment, or advice, the player is the Doctor's patient.

I get the feeling that this guy has been seriously hurt and wounded by this affair and he wants to protect his reputation and along with it his career.

I know a member of the family Redleg and from my understanding that is the situation.

• Like 2

Redleg it may depend on organisational structure, position description and contractual terminology when working out of the players are his patients.

I would argue that ethically, if not practically, a "club doctor" would be responsible for the heath and safety of any medical programs at a club. I'd the doctor is aware of anything that may breech this but doesn't do his best, to stop it, and allows it to keep happening, then surely he is responsible to the players ethically to at least review as thoroughly as possible and keep an eye on it, or to step down. To protest but then allow it to keep going on without following up is surely inappropriate.

Is this illegal? Probably not. But I would expect more from a doctor. Same as you'd expect an engineer to follow up on an unsafe design that he saw, rather than just say "oh well its someone else's responsibility". This is where the medical board may be interested, doctors have a duty of care do they not? I think he neglected his.

• Like 3

Redleg it may depend on organisational structure, position description and contractual terminology when working out of the players are his patients.

I would argue that ethically, if not practically, a "club doctor" would be responsible for the heath and safety of any medical programs at a club. I'd the doctor is aware of anything that may breech this but doesn't do his best, to stop it, and allows it to keep happening, then surely he is responsible to the players ethically to at least review as thoroughly as possible and keep an eye on it, or to step down. To protest but then allow it to keep going on without following up is surely inappropriate.

Is this illegal? Probably not. But I would expect more from a doctor. Same as you'd expect an engineer to follow up on an unsafe design that he saw, rather than just say "oh well its someone else's responsibility". This is where the medical board may be interested, doctors have a duty of care do they not? I think he neglected his.

Good post you raise some relevant issues.

The legalities may not be the issue. Operating contrary to prescribed protocols ( Medical, as laid down by peers ( MBA) ) as well as ethical issues are Id suggest the name of this game.

• Like 1

The legalities may not be the issue. Operating contrary to prescribed protocols ( Medical, as laid down by peers ( MBA) ) as well as ethical issues are Id suggest the name of this game.

Ethics and Messendon are two mutually exclusive things.

I guy got suspended for allowing players to have exotic and mysteries compounds injected into them and Messendon reward him with a contract extension.

WOW the Drugs that must be following in Windy Pill must be horrific!

Having particular regard to the the Duty of Care in relation to a extensive regime of injection there is no-one at the Club with more responsibility.

We know that it cannot be proven beyond reasonable doubt that possibly harmful or banned substances were not administered so his chances of wiping the slate aren't good you'd have to say. He is 67 so it might yet be possible for him to retire gracefully if a consensus can be reached between all involved parties.

Interesting that Bomber said what a basket case the club was when he got there....

just sayin...

then....as opposed to ?? lol

So when will the Player infraction notices begin to arrive??

Next week. I love the way most media outlets have reported the story as if it is all finished and done.

If there are 100+- players around Australia already being targetted this dirty saga has only just begun.

Essendrug are still in deep deep trouble.

There will be only one player infraction notice issued in the near future and ironically that will be against St. Kilda's Ahmed Saad who drank a milk shake containing a banned substance to which he tested positive. The poor bugger will be put out for two years like Wade Lees and one or two other VFL players. The Essendon players won't be dealt with until the final ASADA report comes out and that won't happen for a while. ASADA is now getting its teeth into the NRL and (we hope) will soon be interviewing Dank. Later still, it will look into some of the other AFL clubs involved like us.

Let's not forget what WADA boss John Fahey said about it taking 2½ years in America to get to the point where charges were laid against Lance Armstrong and others.

In any event, we'll be taken well past the trade & draft period which I think is going to be a disaster for Essendon. Who would take a Bellchambers, a Gumbleton or any other player from that club if there was the slightest chance that they might be found later to have been on the gear and then rubbed out for two years?

The Hird line -

Evidence omitted from ASADA report on Dons

We wuz robbed.

Chip Le Grand rooted hard for Essendon throughout the Sad Saga, it's not surprising that he continues to do so.

The 'evidence' for me is suggestive at best. I'm sure ASADA anyway gave it due consideration.

NEW RULE CHANGE IN 2014

As the Messendon Club can only field 10 plays the AFL has decided to reduce the maximum number of player to 8 for the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

I thought I saw a post earlier in the saga where it was reported from a news item that Danks and the weapon were also at Geelong. Was Thompson aware of his practices, What was he fined 30,000 for?