Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

AS long as they get draft penalties for 2013-14...They must get a long penalty....This season is done.

yes but 12 months isn't nearly enough out of the Game for Hird..

a minimum of 3 years out of the game for the extent of damage that hes created.

& miss the 1st & 2nd Rnds of the 2013 & 2014 national drafts...

& to loose 20 H&A points from they're 2014 season.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 6

They might do.

But that's irrelevant.

This isn't a "juvenile stiffy joke" - its the side effect detailed in the charges and then blacked out.

To say you're above finding humourous the idea of Hird trying to get around the field at training in discomfort with his old fella strapped down as a result of his "side effects", is akin to being above having a sense of humour at all.

Stiff old prudes will try to justify getting on a high horse, but there's nothing juvenile about it.

jeez... Who would strap it down...lol... You've always.....always! Got to Tuck up....
  • Like 2

I don't know if any body else has suggested this, but I don't see why other teams should benefit from this whole sorry mess. If EFC don't play finals, then NO team should replace them, let the team that was to play them in the finals get a bye. It burns me that Carlton or who ever finishes 9th should get a final place, they haven't deserved therefore shouldn't get it.

But they have deserved it. If you finish lower than a cheater and the cheater is disqualified, then you deserve everything you get.

• Like 1

Not sure how the broadcast rights holders would feel about that, let alone the teams that finished above the team due to play the Bombers who don't get a bye.

I think 9th coming in is perfectly fine. Hoping its the Kangaroos as they're better to watch than the Blues.

Broadcasters would love it because it could be carlton v collingwood or richmond first week of finals in an elimination

$%#*& everything these days is about $$$$ It just gets me annoyed that teams that don't deserve to play in finals will get there on the back of a team that cheated last year, not fair I say !!!

They should let us or GWS play in their place

or WADA

When it is considered that no positive dope test results have been returned, is there a basis for WADA to exact retribution?(the list of substances used as on p.48/49 of today"s Age is astonishing,alarming and disgusting and disgraceful : I'm not saying it's not;what I'm asking is can it be proven?)

on another matter, it is being reported ATM that a "deal is close " and it will not involve loss of draft picks - !!!!!!!!!!

Well it looks like a deal may be made just like with us. Goes to show it is pointless fighting the empire. The only difference is they made a lot more noise pretending to fight than we did. To be fair their position was from significantly more strength than us. The biggest loser out of this will be Hird. He made himself look so bad. It will take a lot to get his respect back. We await the next moves by ASADA and WADA.

• Like 2

Premiership points this year is a nothingness. They werent going far anyway. Getting off lightly for mine

2.5 M fine... still relatively light when you compare it to what they were prepared to spend in court. Double it and its something meaningful

Draft picks.. 1/2 rounders 2012 2014. Thats Ok

Hird suspended for 12 months...make it 12 years and you send a message 12 months and some wack job will weight up the pros and cons

Bomber fined not suspended.... not good enough

Corcoran....should get same as Hird.. long term suspension

Reid. . He has to live with his pathetic effort at stopping it all. Maybe the Medical Practioners Board should have a word !!!

Players.. still ought to come under the wrath of WADA/ASADA

These clowns have been playing god with the lives of others. Im very surprised they are not open to criminal prosecution.

• Like 2

When it is considered that no positive dope test results have been returned, is there a basis for WADA to exact retribution?(the list of substances used as on p.48/49 of today"s Age is astonishing,alarming and disgusting and disgraceful : I'm not saying it's not;what I'm asking is can it be proven?)

on another matter, it is being reported ATM that a "deal is close " and it will not involve loss of draft picks - !!!!!!!!!!

Don't need to test positive. Armstrong never did. ASADA/WADA will complete their investigation and decide if infraction noticed will be issued to players. That's separate from the afl finding that efc bought the game into disrepute by running their supplement scheme (!) so poorly.

• Like 1

Reid. . He has to live with his pathetic effort at stopping it all. Maybe the Medical Practioners Board should have a word !!!

this is, sadly for Bruce Reid, not out of the question. The ASADA report might have something to say about medical supervision of the program, as might individual players as patients. Reid is a good guy and would be completely shell shocked as he viewed the carnage. I suspect he regrets not walking out.

Edit for spelling

Edited by frankie_d
  • Like 1

yes but 12 months isn't nearly enough out of the Game for Hird..

a minimum of 3 years out of the game for the extent of damage that hes created.

& miss the 1st & 2nd Rnds of the 2013 & 2014 national drafts...

& to loose 20 H&A points from they're 2014 season.

Nah, starting 5 games in the red they'd probably initiate a Black Ops Tanking Program. As you'd expect.

nope, want them out of the first two rounds of both drafts.

i think the fine sounds about right, the loss of points i agree with - although it'd be terrific if mr. i take full responsibility can delay it, so it actually happens next year; the fool! - but i personally think hird should be suspended from football for life for what he's done.

of course, if 34 of their playing list or something silly like that gets suspended for 6 months to 2 years then all bets are off as to what the actual 'punishment' is going to be.

Keep in mind though, not that I have any real compassion here, just acknowledging it, there is a ticking time bomb.

When WADA/ASADA do finally take aim there will ( ought to be ) a fair number of players marched off the turf.

From this same set of players any who might trade out or walk might become fruit of the poisoned tree in respect to their possible future homes. I would be very hesistant about looking at any Essendon player unless you think is worth paying 3 years for 2 years play !! ( etc )

If and when that happens Messendon suddenly wont have any magoos. I wonder what contingency the VFL have and what they think of this.

This isnt over even if the AFL strike a deal tonight.

tic toc

You would have to think that inaction is all but the same as the transgression itself. Did he (Reid ) follow up his lettter ? Doesnt look like it. He has his own professional ethical duty of care as per his oath and the standards under which he operates as a Medical Practioner. He knew enough to write in the first place , then what...sits on it ?

this is, sadly for Bruce Reid, not out of the question. The ASADA report might have something to say about medical supervision of the program, as might individual players as patients. Reid is a good guy and would be completely shell shocked as he viewed the carnage. I suspect he regrets not walking out.

He still supports Hird. My, how remorseful !!! :unsure:

nope, want them out of the first two rounds of both drafts.

i think the fine sounds about right, the loss of points i agree with - although it'd be terrific if mr. i take full responsibility can delay it, so it actually happens next year; the fool! - but i personally think hird should be suspended from football for life for what he's done.

of course, if 34 of their playing list or something silly like that gets suspended for 6 months to 2 years then all bets are off as to what the actual 'punishment' is going to be.

we should still allow them to be in the trade period though.

I find it funny that the club don't know who the woman was that called in, but the players do and won't tell the club who it was.

Edit: Not a well known player's mum

Especially when it took us only a short whiles to figure it out lol

There not a happy lot at windy Hill me thinks, poor darlings

the players are time bombs though

Keep in mind though, not that I have any real compassion here, just acknowledging it, there is a ticking time bomb.

When WADA/ASADA do finally take aim there will ( ought to be ) a fair number of players marched off the turf.

From this same set of players any who might trade out or walk might become fruit of the poisoned tree in respect to their possible future homes. I would be very hesistant about looking at any Essendon player unless you think is worth paying 3 years for 2 years play !! ( etc )

If and when that happens Messendon suddenly wont have any magoos. I wonder what contingency the VFL have and what they think of this.

This isnt over even if the AFL strike a deal tonight.

tic toc

I reckon Vlad would have already met with WADA on his recent O/S tour, him & GMcl... no doubt they already know what to expect.

the players are time bombs though

Oh you mean WADA???

No I think they would already be in some sort of agreement. WADA are about hurting individuals who dope & cheat... not about to wreck whole competitions. that would be against the thing they all about... clean healthy sport.

well..Id take Goddard for JW :rolleyes:

but I digress.lol