Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

These amused me greatly at the time. Just a quick reading of that Social Litigator blog showed these analogies to be completely off the mark.

Hard to believe that some of these guys still have a job.

They are pushing the HUN line they are as safe as churches

These amused me greatly at the time. Just a quick reading of that Social Litigator blog showed these analogies to be completely off the mark.

Hard to believe that some of these guys still have a job.

sadly choke they probably will get a pay rise and win some media awards

selling papers or air time is ALL it is about now. the kim kardashians of the media rule.

• Like 1

sadly choke they probably will get a pay rise and win some media awards

selling papers or air time is ALL it is about now. the kim kardashians of the media rule.

It is not something that I did not know dc but still depressing when I read the above.

Interesting that it is being reported that the Tribunal hearing being 'closed' Dank no longer agrees to appear as a witness. Clearly, he was hoping for a 'public forum' where he is not under oath to get on his soapbox about 'doing nothing wrong' etc.

Appears that ASADA may have stuffed up (again). Now reported several times that ASADA legal team in Canberra, last year told ASADA investigators to not worry about signed affidavits from Charter and Alvi...they could be obtained 'later'. Well, 'later' is too late. ASADA may well rue the day when investigators were overruled by their Canberra legal eagles...

Interesting that it is being reported that the Tribunal hearing being 'closed' Dank no longer agrees to appear as a witness. Clearly, he was hoping for a 'public forum' where he is not under oath to get on his soapbox about 'doing nothing wrong' etc.

Appears that ASADA may have stuffed up (again). Now reported several times that ASADA legal team in Canberra, last year told ASADA investigators to not worry about signed affidavits from Charter and Alvi...they could be obtained 'later'. Well, 'later' is too late. ASADA may well rue the day when investigators were overruled by their Canberra legal eagles...

dank never had any intention of appearing lucifer.

he only said he "might" if it was public

and as usual he remains the darling of the press whilst he provides them with copy

they are too frightened to ask him the hard questions in case he clams up to them

• Like 2

Dank always knew that it would be a closed hearing. This was never going to go public, the AFL also knew this, appearing the good guys, wanting everything out in the public domain but knowing it was never going to happen.

And you can throw Chip Le Grand in for good measure. I heard him on SEN the other day ('breaking'the story ASADA had considered offering Charter a job - which the article actually noted after checking with Vic pol they dd not proceed with - some scoop) and that numskull Mark Allen said something along the lines of thank god for Chip who cuts through all the rubbish and makes sense. Are people for real? Chop again reiterated that the case will get thrown out next week because the players lawyers will successfully argue ASADA do not have sufficient evidence.

Mark Allen is a lightweight.

I ask myself the question why, if the evidence existed to exonerate a club, its staff and its players, would anyone who had such evidence withhold it from the relevant authorities and the parties for so long?

None of the answers that I can come up with would lead me to hold such person in a favourable light.

And surely if Dank had the evidence to exonerate, Essendon would also be aware of it and be screaming from the rooftops for it.

• Like 1

And surely if Dank had the evidence to exonerate, Essendon would also be aware of it and be screaming from the rooftops for it.

If they did all this would all be over 20 months ago.

• Like 1

I ask myself the question why, if the evidence existed to exonerate a club, its staff and its players, would anyone who had such evidence withhold it from the relevant authorities and the parties for so long?

None of the answers that I can come up with would lead me to hold such person in a favourable light.

I suspect there is some common knowledge shared between Dank, Calzada/Metabolic, current and former Ess power elite and others on the margins that in cold war parlance would be MAD: "mutually assured destruction" if it were to see the light of day. Otherwise why are they not tearing each others throats out, in a legal sense anyway!

I think the afl players association will be all under this...

an attack on the players would open a hornets nest, & other players from other clubs would be known to have partaken in all sorts of consumables... an avalanche of questions and innuendo could erupt.

the afl won't want to take on the players & their association. its the club that has to go & the leaders who instigated proceedings. all who knowingly knew of the underhanded affair going on.

prey tell..why so.

Not at the cost of justice. Justice knows no haste or clouding urgency.

Let it take what it takes for the truth and its consequences to manifest.

The AFL read Vlad wants haste. ASADA may also for it seems inept. Cant have any failings illuminated can we ??

stuff them all.

toothless_tiger.jpg

I hope none of the players get suspended.

The whole integrity of the 2015 season will be ruined if that's the case.

Say the group cops an 8 game suspension from rounds 1-8, you'll have teams like Carlton, St Kilda and Collingwood getting a cheap and automatic 4 points, they otherwise may not have got.

The benefits of playing the weakened squad could be the difference between top 2, top 4 and top 8.

• Like 1

Say the group cops an 8 game suspension from rounds 1-8, you'll have teams like Carlton, St Kilda and Collingwood getting a cheap and automatic 4 points, they otherwise may not have got.

The benefits of playing the weakened squad could be the difference between top 2, top 4 and top 8.

that's a great reason bbp

justice can be just so darned inconvenient

funny...I hope they do....goes to the integrity of the competition. Those who seek to cheat get rubbed out, those that dont, dont !!

• Like 1

Funny, but when the IOC suspends drug cheats from competing at the Olympics or who are caught during the Olympics, they don't even entertain the idea of not sanctioning the cheats for fear of what it might do t the integrity of the Olympics. And I would have thought that if players were found to be cheats, then it would reflect poorly on the integrity of the competition if they were not punished.

• Like 4

As others have said there are more important integrity issues. But as to the season, there are other things the AFL can do. Eg. no point or percentage in any EFC game. There might still me minor issues depending on which teams and when get more than one 'practice' match, but the'd be far less serious.

However, somehow I can't see the AFL doing that. Based on past performance, they'd prefer an inequitable 'real' competition to truth and justice.

As others have said there are more important integrity issues. But as to the season, there are other things the AFL can do. Eg. no point or percentage in any EFC game. There might still me minor issues depending on which teams and when get more than one 'practice' match, but the'd be far less serious.

However, somehow I can't see the AFL doing that. Based on past performance, they'd prefer an inequitable 'real' competition to truth and justice.

The players will be unavailable . . end of story! No diff to playing against a team suffering rampant gastro, hurt in team bus crash or having a run of injuries e.g. magpies last year. Like every team they can only play available players . . for the other team it's just luck of the draw as always!

!!!!! A decanter, if you don't mind dc!!!!

one decants Gin ??

This surely is the greatest treasure trove of information; Demonland !!

• Like 1

Actually OD, this was at the request of the AFLPA to protect the 34

players who haven't been named ...........

Funny how they wax and wane somewhat. Does the AFLPA now suspect that there may indeed have been punishable transgressions ? if they ( the 34 ) were beyond reproach and innocent in the extreme then it wouldnt matter for it to be an open 'court'......surely ?

Not wishing any malice at Donland, but I really hope..

1 Players found guilty get 2-5 years AND if this is the case

2 Hird gets a well deserved Flick and never ever is seen in football again

3 That all associates in this thing also get their come upperance

4 That this Club almost almost folds as result!

Integrity of competition is ultimate, damn everything else, even those "Head in Sand" supporters who still are faithfully Blinded

I hope I haven't gone overboard with this coz as I have said, NOT wishing any Malice

• Like 2

In terms of penalties that will REALLY hurt those responsible, the ASADA action is really just a warm up. Waiting in the wings is Workcover - with undeniable evidence that Essendon did not provide a safe workplace for its employees through 2012.

I seem to be in the minority that think the Essendon players and coach will not be found guilty by the AFL/ASADA investigations for taking banned substances. I just don't think the link or evidence is strong enough despite believing personally that the doping took place.

Essendon will, however, have the book thrown at them by Workcover Victoria who will give a more crippling penalty than ASADA/AFL could ever give. Essendon will get what they deserve it just wont be the way the general public expect.

The players will be unavailable . . end of story! No diff to playing against a team suffering rampant gastro, hurt in team bus crash or having a run of injuries e.g. magpies last year. Like every team they can only play available players . . for the other team it's just luck of the draw as always!

Couldn't disagree more deefrag. While very occasionally a team will get an advantage because they happen to play a 'gastro' team, when some teams get to play the 'gastro' team twice and others only once, then it is manifestly unfair to the teams that only get one shot at the sickos.