• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Viv Michie

stevethemanjordan

Everyone who says that Freo didnt wanna lose him, well then why did they trade him for a lowly pick?

He may prove a good recruit but I don't see why anyone would be really excited about him

Because he was uncontracted and wanting more opportunity.

As you said, we traded a lowly pick for a guy who is rated by those in the know but has had bad luck with injuries.

Now you see.

• Like 1

Because he was uncontracted and wanting more opportunity.

As you said, we traded a lowly pick for a guy who is rated by those in the know but has had bad luck with injuries.

Now you see.

thank you Stuie.

It all makes sense now.

• Like 1

Not sure where this rumour arose. Lyon arrived at the Saints when all their gun early draft picks from early 2000s were starting to show something.

Pretty sure it was reported that the Saints drafting (or was it development?) during Lyon's time was a disaster - think it was Waters when he arrived at the Saints, who said that there were virtually no players still at the club from the 2005-2009 ? drafts. Thus he had a doughnut list age age/experience wise.

And now Lyon has taken over a very good list already up and about.

Perhaps Lyon is best at getting results from established players.

Hopefully Michie spent a fair bit of time with Kirk at Freo last year, that would have to help his development.

You're right about Lyon though, he's hardly been seen as a development coach. Freo got him on board to win a flag with a list they think is close to complete.

Edited by rjay

Everyone who says that Freo didnt wanna lose him, well then why did they trade him for a lowly pick?

He may prove a good recruit but I don't see why anyone would be really excited about him

Because it's better pick 54 than losing him to the PSD. Then it's the same with Freo for Gumby. Essendon who actually needed 54 in a shallow draft were the real winners!

Freo supporters over at big footy all loved Richie, although I take big footy with a grain of salt - I've never heard a Freo supporter bag Richie.

Because it's better pick 54 than losing him to the PSD. Then it's the same with Freo for Gumby. Essendon who actually needed 54 in a shallow draft were the real winners!

Exactly.

And while Freo wanted to retain him, and I understand really rated him, the fact that he'd only played 3 AFL games would've had a material impact on his trade value.

I reckon we've got an absolute steal here.

Google Josh Kennedy, the guy the Hawks traded to the Swans for lowly picks and Ben McGlynn, after not being able to break into the Hawks midfield.

• Like 3

Exactly.

And while Freo wanted to retain him, and I understand really rated him, the fact that he'd only played 3 AFL games would've had a material impact on his trade value.

I reckon we've got an absolute steal here.

Small correction. He has only played 1 game. And a half a game at that....

Tapscott has had a good half!

OD, you really ought to cheer up just a tad. You can't resist a chance to be negative. Though there are far worse offenders for that on this site, but they can plead the ignorance of youth. And yes I know, many years of disappointment have brought you to this sad state. Better to light a single candle than to curse the dark.

• Like 1

OD, you really ought to cheer up just a tad. You can't resist a chance to be negative. Though there are far worse offenders for that on this site, but they can plead the ignorance of youth. And yes I know, many years of disappointment have brought you to this sad state. Better to light a single candle than to curse the dark.

Sue I just a little annoyed that every player we recruit is going to be the greatest and the vast majority are average on their good days.

All I am suggesting is we wait and see.

The guy has good junior form and good wafl form.

At present that makes him a good Casey player.

Time will tell if he is anymore than that.

I hope to God you are right we could do with a few winners in the recruiting department.

Sue I just a little annoyed that every player we recruit is going to be the greatest and the vast majority are average on their good days.

All I am suggesting is we wait and see.

The guy has good junior form and good wafl form.

At present that makes him a good Casey player.

Time will tell if he is anymore than that.

I hope to God you are right we could do with a few winners in the recruiting department.

OD, I can't disagree with any of that. But I see no reason to dampen the over-the-top optimism of those who see the next Ron Barassi in every new player. Let them enjoy their fantasies while they can. We older supporters know only 1 player in 50+ will ever come near what we hope for.

With all the changes this year it is justifiable to be a bit optimistic in the pre-season. God knows what slough of despond we'll all enter if this year turns out a bummer.

And now let's get back to the cricket......here's Richie.........hello everyone currently the poms are choo for 22. Oh wait, oh we are meant to be talking about Michie and not Richie.....oh [censored]...my bad

OD, I can't disagree with any of that. But I see no reason to dampen the over-the-top optimism of those who see the next Ron Barassi in every new player. Let them enjoy their fantasies while they can. We older supporters know only 1 player in 50+ will ever come near what we hope for.

With all the changes this year it is justifiable to be a bit optimistic in the pre-season. God knows what slough of despond we'll all enter if this year turns out a bummer.

Would prefer not to consider that possibility sue.

Too horrible to spend time on.

So has Juice Newton......

Nah, that was one quarter. That first quarter against Norf at Etihad. That's it folks.....

Don't compare Viv's half with that. He got better as the game went on. Jury is rightly out but I for one am excited. He smacks of a classic Roos pick. Over the years Roos was very kind to Lyon (gave him Schneider for next to nothing and Dempsey for nothing, when he first went to the Saints) and hopefully getting pay back now.

• Like 1