WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

I am ambivalent about Roos.

He would entice a big level of interest and lift membership. The players would be respectful and inspired, at least by the appointment in the short term.

But is his style what we want? Was he a success because he developed a style for the SCG and could he adapt to our ground? Well, since he won a flag and ran second you could say he did that but it was an ugly game style.

Personally, there is something about him I don't like. A little too smug, and smug is not good.

I could live with smug, of course, if it meant I would be smug too, with that 13th premiership.

I won't however be shattered if we don't get him. We are lucky this time that there are several credentialed prospects.

• Like 2

I just see it as a way for the club to ensure all and any of the higher caliber candidates are still in the game come crunch time. No need to force hands and burn bridges just yet.

Indeed. I'd suggest we switch off our coach news radars and turn them back on in September, otherwise they might run out of batteries.

There's no danger of that. Mine runs on despair, and so it has an almost unlimited supply of fuel. Seven years worth to be precise.

• Like 3

Exactly. I took rjay's post to mean that PJ had spoken to more than one.

I don't know if it was PJ, but someone from the club (not just the 360 boys) has at least asked the question to gauge interest as you would expect. I would say it is at least a 3 horse race maybe 4, Roos, Eade, Craig, Williams.

Roos is starting to look more likely by the day.

Edited by rjay

Roos is starting to look more likely by the day.

Tend to agree rjay cause u would not think that PJ would be sitting on his hands so to speak if Roos had indicated to him that he doesn't want the job. Also there doesn't seem to be much movement in regards to other coaches being sounded out like Williams or Eade etc.

I have no doubt that PJ has informed Roos of the type of people he is going to get on the board and the head of the FD.

It just seems a bit to quiet and IMO once the FD head and board are organised Roos will come on board.

Time will tell if it am on the money or in fairy land.

i wonder if the coaching situation was mentioned during pj's speech to the playing group

many seem genuinely excited about whats to come.

This charade must come to an end. Chances are he would of seen today's game. Do you want to coach our club YES OR NO. If no, fine we move on.

Well I think today's performance will do no bad in trying to lure Roos to the club.

Roos would be mad not to take the job, we have an abundance of quality youth to work with.

High draft picks to come in next year.

Our board will be quality... Our talent is quality and if Roos can improve that talent, he will get all the plaudits that come with it.

That should be enough to satisfy his massive ego.

This charade must come to an end. Chances are he would of seen today's game. Do you want to coach our club YES OR NO. If no, fine we move on.

To what? To whom?

We haven't even begun the process of beginning the process in the search for a new coach.

We can't interview coaches from other clubs until the season is over.

This is going to take a while.

Let's leave this for a bit, no other club is on the market at the moment and let's get a Board together and then we can look at the FD and the coach.

Why in the world do people think that Roos should come to us when we don't even have a Board for him to work for?

• Like 7

To what? To whom?

We haven't even begun the process of beginning the process in the search for a new coach.

We can't interview coaches from other clubs until the season is over.

This is going to take a while.

Let's leave this for a bit, no other club is on the market at the moment and let's get a Board together and then we can look at the FD and the coach.

Why in the world do people think that Roos should come to us when we don't even have a Board for him to work for?

This!

The impatience of posters on this board is amazing! Toumpas must play like a star now, Roos must commit now... Jackson will not rush anything! The last time this club rushed anything, Mark Neeld became head coach... And before that? Jack Watts debuted as a kid!

Lets just take a deep breath and relax! We need to get a board capable of running a footy club before we worry about the onfield.

• Like 4

Roos would be mad not to take the job, we have an abundance of quality youth to work with.

High draft picks to come in next year.

Our board will be quality... Our talent is quality and if Roos can improve that talent, he will get all the plaudits that come with it.

That should be enough to satisfy his massive ego.

Seriously?

I admire your optimism, but....

Roos is a premiership coach - he has the plaudits you speak of already!

He's doing just fine within his current media role, and for all reports, happily married and the family well settled in Sydney.

If you are relying on some kind of outsiders perception of his ego then thank heavens you have nothing to do with the future decisions of this club.

If we can secure Roos to coach the MFC then it will be nothing short of a major coup orchestrated by PJ and the AFL. It won't be because the MFC of 2014 and beyond is some kind of pre-assured career and "ego" boosting certainty.

Reality check required by some.

probably wont know much any time soon but my gut feel is the AFL are deeply involved

if roos wasnt seriously considering signing with us he would just say no like he did to the blues last year

• Like 3

We have to make sure we don't "beg" Roos to coach us. The last time that happened with a club, the Saints and Blight, it was a disaster.

We make our pitch, give our offer and if he says no, we move on.

• Like 5

We have to make sure we don't "beg" Roos to coach us. The last time that happened with a club, the Saints and Blight, it was a disaster.

Pretty sure this is how it will happen 'Redleg'.

He;ll never come to the MFC, besides we have our man already.

Action Jackson doesn't seem like the begging type mate.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure Roos is mindful of doing that himself.

Last thing he wants to do is tarnish his legacy with a brief lacklustre failed attempt at turning around the dees.

He's said as much himself, when noting its not about the money, it's about him having the desire.

I'm not worried in the slightest.