• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cameron Schwab Resigns

Steamin Demon

What an inditement against Cam if the team comes out and wins or goes close to winning on Saturday. Certainly a clear slap in the face. On the other hand if the teams past performances continue do we then believe that the problem is still there. This is almost unbearable.

We know the record of clubs playing under a new coach is good, I wonder what it is for a new CEO

He's been fired to appease us (the supporters). No other reason. They had to pick someone to make it look like they were acting and he was in the firing line.

Despite the fact that it is innately wrong to fire someone for no real reason, I think it has to be done. We can't afford to have supporters giving up hope. Just like Bailey, Schwab has been fired by the supporters. I suspect we'll chop Neeld next.

Also, on a separate matter, who are the scumbags that have been lining up next to the race screaming abuse at our players as they walk off the field the last two weeks? Shameful stuff.

• Like 1

SEN website - live stream,

superfooty live chat - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/live-melbourne-demons-press-conference/story-e6frf9mf-1226615988486

FYi - Melbourne to make the 8 - $81 on sportsbet - anyone up for a run a la 2000?

Nah, I'll stick with the $5 I had on Kent for the Rising Star @$126 (now $151 and blowing out due to non-appearance).

any word on what the payout will be?

worst case looks like 2.5 x 500,000 = 1.25M

I thought the point of getting someone to resign is that the payout is significantly reduced or forfeited.

I think that Cam will do what is best for the club.

• Like 1

Does anyone else think that Adrian Anderson is a good chance to be appointed CEO? Any new CEO would have to get the AFL seal of approval.

Bulltish. Think before posting.

He's been fired to appease us (the supporters). No other reason. They had to pick someone to make it look like they were acting and he was in the firing line.

Despite the fact that it is innately wrong to fire someone for no real reason, I think it has to be done. We can't afford to have supporters giving up hope. Just like Bailey, Schwab has been fired by the supporters. I suspect we'll chop Neeld next.

Also, on a separate matter, who are the scumbags that have been lining up next to the race screaming abuse at our players as they walk off the field the last two weeks? Shameful stuff.

Hes been fired because thats what the AFL wanted, join the dots, Don speaks to AD yesterday, CS fired today, hopefully they decide to let the AFL fill the vacant job with one of there young guns, just like D matthews at GWS.

any word on what the payout will be?

worst case looks like 2.5 x 500,000 = 1.25M

Didn't Robbo say on AFL360 last night, something about a big headline coming that included a mention of a $1m figure? Prophetic or is the club leaking like a seive? Anyway, if it is a resignation, surely there would be no payout involved.

I thought the point of getting someone to resign is that the payout is significantly reduced or forfeited.

Errr no. They have a contract. You pay them money in lieu of contract.

I haven't heard the presser yet, but I'd be tipping that the reason that Don is so shell-shocked is that he made the call to the AFL and they immediately organised Cam's departure. I have no information but I wouldn't be surprised if they (AFL) will pay Schwab out of his contract. I think Don has been taken by surprise as the swiftness of it all, and no longer has Schwab to organise his media performance.

I've never met Cam Schwab and I'm still unsure as to why there is so much vitriol aimed at him. I also think it's telling that the better players (Jones, Clark, Grimes) have just got on with things, while others still seem to be sooking at what Schwab has or hasn't done. Still - no excuses now, hopefully we'll see a dramatic improvement in some of our senior players.

Good luck Cameron in your next role - you seemed okay to me!

• Like 4

I think that Cam will do what is best for the club.

you're wrong on the first point

hope you are right on the second

there was a rumour that his contract had provision for a 6 mth payout but if true on what conditions?

from DM's letter to supporters (yesterday FFS!!!!!)

"""
He dismissed suggestions that CEO Cameron Schwab and the administration would be under pressure as a result of the performance. He said the future of Schwab – who signed a new contract last season – was not even a consideration.

"We believe that our club administration has done extremely well under extraordinary circumstances," McLardy said.

"What we need now is on-field performance."

""""

• Like 2

CEO is responsible for the performances of the company (this includes ALL performance aspects). He is responsible, and it was time to go. There is always someone/some group to blame.

Didn't Robbo say on AFL360 last night, something about a big headline coming that included a mention of a $1m figure? Prophetic or is the club leaking like a seive? Anyway, if it is a resignation, surely there would be no payout involved.

it was only a technical resignation. He was sacked and given the option of resigning

when people get that option they discuss severance payouts and its generally in favour of the resignee

• Like 2

In reply to the 'Cameron Schwab's Sleeve' thread:

It's amazing how media will try and sink the boots in when a team is down, even if the story is incorrect.

How does a sleeve tattoo effect ones ability to be a CEO at a football club? Of course a FRESH sleeve tattoo at this time of club misery would surely mean he is losing his marbles right??? The funny thing is, I was told a few years back that Cameron had a sleeve tattoo... That is hardly fresh is it!? Didn't seem to effect his ability to get this club back in the black did it?

Whilst he may 'polarize supporters', his SACKING from the club is a disgrace in my opinion. I just listened to that press conference, and I was so so so embarrassed. McLardy sounded like a man out of his depth, whilst Schwab sounded like the consummate professional. I love the club, and I'll support the decision based on this reason, but I hold grave fears for this club and I am scared the club won't be around in it's present form by the time I have children to take to the football.

Well it seems a number of folks have got what they wanted even if not in Full.

Will this one sacking make a difference or not ???

I hope the celebrations are not to premature . Who knows only time will tell

But if Melbourne does come out and is more competitive this weekend then it has been so far, then what are we supposed to gleam from that ?

If it was just a case of CS being CO that was causing all the problems I would say our Club and team then have a real problem !!!.

However if they come out and put in a inept performance again are we to take from that they are inept and lack conviction as a team and CS wasn't really the problem ?

Seems to me what ever happens either way now we are Damned if we do and damned if we don't !

I said days ago there were issues that needed to be sorted out

I believe we still have a long way to go and this is not a silver bullet but rather a poison chalice we keep handing from one to the next .

Its really up to the players to tell us as supporters what is the real issue ? or is it just that they are truly dreadful at the moment !

The only person who is sitting back laughing at the moment is Caroline Bloo-- Wilson .

I hope she jokes on it !

from DM's letter to supporters (yesterday FFS!!!!!)

"""

He dismissed suggestions that CEO Cameron Schwab and the administration would be under pressure as a result of the performance. He said the future of Schwab who signed a new contract last season was not even a consideration.

"We believe that our club administration has done extremely well under extraordinary circumstances," McLardy said.

"What we need now is on-field performance."

""""

AFL decision. We already know Don has no teeth.

He rolled over in February....he will be the next moved on.

It was Jimma's ticket...We must leave the past. It is really hurting us now.

• Like 2

All I can say is.....God help the new CEO with this club........and we don't take money from the footy dept to plug holes elsewhere....

He certainly speaks well, haven't seen a guy completely handle the media like Cam did today - in a long time.

Very well spoken, understood the situation and was able to bail Don out throughout the whole press conference.

Schwab was a realist and understood that his job was untenable after such hiding this year.

• Like 1

you're wrong on the first point

hope you are right on the second

there was a rumour that his contract had provision for a 6 mth payout but if true on what conditions?

Well...... maybe the deal is that he takes the desk?

I hope that loan is all paid back.

I'm sure a deal has been struck that satisfies both parties.

Don would never have considered being President if Jimma was still with us.

Personally i hope Don vacates soon.

He is a good bloke, not a leader.

And by god we need a LEADER.....i mean i amazed that we can still pull 30,000 members during this train wreck.

We are a mighty supporter base.

I agree, I hope he vacates ASAP.

• Like 1