Who will be the next coach of MFC?

bandicoot

If all other things remained the same at the club, in terms of administration, board etc, there is not a single name thrown up in this thread that could improve us anywhere near enough. Apart from the fact that not a single name in this thread would even contemplate coaching us due to the aforementioned issues and lack of respect in the footballing world.

That is not saying Neeld should stay, just saying I don't think that it would help.

The coach may be no good but the pea hearts we have playing for this club are embarrassing.

They can't get the ball, when they do they turn it over 50% of the time

6 uncontested marks to 3/4 time says. We can't kick the ball.

We have dumb player making stupid decisions.

When two first gamers show the rest how to attack the ball it is an indictment. The other 20 should simply hang their heads in shame. We have to find somehow 22 players that have an aggressive attack on the footy.

They have lost me.

Having said that big proviso is Neeld would have to resign. Not into sackings. Lets hang tight and see how the next month pans out.. The issue here is not whether we have belief in Neeld. It's whether the players do? A@bells rang for me when trennners and grimes were named co captains.

The coach may be no good but the pea hearts we have playing for this club are embarrassing.

They can't get the ball, when they do they turn it over 50% of the time

6 uncontested marks to 3/4 time says. We can't kick the ball.

We have dumb player making stupid decisions.

When two first gamers show the rest how to attack the ball it is an indictment. The other 20 should simply hang their heads in shame. We have to find somehow 22 players that have an aggressive attack on the footy.

They have lost me.

True but what i havent been able to understand is how on earth did th eclub manage to recruit so many dumb unskilled players? even if you tried to recruit that type surely some good ones would get through. the sheer number of poor players on our list makes me believe its more development and training related. it cant be easy finding that many sh&t footballers?!! can it?

Mark Neeld is gone. I sat on the third level to see our game plan and to see how have we improved. 97% of the time when we had the ball we would kick it to a pack situation (50/50) instead of leading into space in front of your opponent to mark the ball. I could count on my hand how many times we lead to mark the ball. Worst performace from melbourne I have ever seen. Kicking to a pack situation every kick is what you do in year 9 football. Bye bye Neeldy.

• Like 1

Structures were non existent today.

Pressure in the opposing teams 50m non existent today

Players positioning around the contest was pathetic

Our kick out structure is still woeful

Yes the players are accountable but equally accountable is Neeld as our game plan, structures, positioning etc are for the tip

• Like 1

Grow a pair of balls and throw big dollars at Paul Roos. Stop [censored] farting around with untried coaches who have no friggin idea.

Get a proven premiership coach and get serious.

We can't afford to continue this downward spiral or we won't survive.

Exactly. Daniher was ok...but what have we learnt from Bailey & Neeld. A good assistant coach does not a Senior Coach make.

They need a Roos.

Mark Neeld is gone. I sat on the third level to see our game plan and to see how have we improved. 97% of the time when we had the ball we would kick it to a pack situation (50/50) instead of leading into space in front of your opponent to mark the ball. I could count on my hand how many times we lead to mark the ball. Worst performace from melbourne I have ever seen. Kicking to a pack situation every kick is what you do in year 9 football. Bye bye Neeldy.

What?! "Bye bye Neeldy" to the coach after his first game in the second year of a three year contract. Talk about amateur hour.

It's round one and we're in a rebuilding phase. Everyone knows that.

Show some heart.

Neeld's not the problem. He's been a bloody good appointment IMO.

And no - I didn't enjoy watching that performance today. And no - it's not acceptable.

Something went very wrong today. Very wrong.

However, the underlying approach to rebuilding this list and introducing a professional culture has been sound.

Cop a tip, there's no genie in the bottle here - it will take time to get this club back to where it should be. Unfortunately it seems we're a bit further off than it appeared at 1.10pm today.

• Like 3

There is no way known, he will be sacked this year.

Next year about round 10 maybe a different matter.

The first thing that has to happen is change the game plan, because the players can't implement it.

The next is get rid of Choko, he is not an assistant coaches a..hole.

I think Stuie, Alotta and a few others are either in line or have a mate on the shortlist.

Hey, I hear Sheedy is going to be available at end of year, maybe we should grab him now, since it was such a dramatic mistake missing him last chance.

Wait... I know! Jack Darling!

For the record, in case nobody has noticed, I'm really sick of this particular kind of moaning and undermining. Coming from the magical land of 'have a point', I wish people could take the time to say 'here is a particular problem I want addressed' rather than 'here is a person I want to blame right away'.

For example -

The defence is disorganised and failing to communicate.

The midfield is running to ineffective positions, 'clumping up' absent-mindedly while leaving other spaces too open.

The forward line is being left too empty, without the target being available to allow an attack to be effective.

I think Stuie, Alotta and a few others are either in line or have a mate on the shortlist.

Hey, I hear Sheedy is going to be available at end of year, maybe we should grab him now, since it was such a dramatic mistake missing him last chance.

Wait... I know! Jack Darling!

For the record, in case nobody has noticed, I'm really sick of this particular kind of moaning and undermining. Coming from the magical land of 'have a point', I wish people could take the time to say 'here is a particular problem I want addressed' rather than 'here is a person I want to blame right away'.

For example -

The defence is disorganised and failing to communicate.

The midfield is running to ineffective positions, 'clumping up' absent-mindedly while leaving other spaces too open.

The forward line is being left too empty, without the target being available to allow an attack to be effective.

All good points and has been the same for years with different players. Since Neitz left we have been a shyte team.

I do not have much hope for anything better, just can't see how it is going to happen. Sadly the club is the AFL joke

Paul Roos-no,not sure I'd even like us to win games watching his gameplan

The next cab off the rank is probably Scott Burns or Alan Richardson and I know that Dean Solimon is very highly regarded up here at the Suns but he's probably a few years off a senior role but he'd certainly come in and harden up our softkok pea hearts!

Edited by Jack7

He's game plan is 3 years to old if we had Mitch when bailey was coaching he would have kept his job we where a much better side in 2010 we won't win 2 games playing this game plan

Ron were u at the game today? If so you must have been sitting on the first level where u couldnt see the whole ground or either u dont know anything about football. One or the other.

Kuremmm, I watched the game live on Fox with a few mates, given that I live in Sydney. I received texts from a stack of other mates throughout the entire game bagging me and the club. Deeply frustrating stuff.

So yep - I agree - it was an absolutely pathetic performance. Almost on par with 186. Just hopeless.

I hated all of it.

BUT, that said, I am rational enough to see that Neeld, Craig, Misson et al are all very competent, and they are diligently doing what needs to be done at this club.

I also understand that this make take a bit of time, and that simply going feral which, whilst possibly understandable, is otherwise plainly quite stupid. It also generally discloses a lack of understanding about things.

So, in this context - nope, not really "one or the other" at all.

• Like 1