Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFL investigation

deegirl

t will be interesting to see our response to the 'evidence' presented. This could be the making of this administration and of the Melbourne Football Club.

I note that they have not sent letters to the other clubs involved in tanking or list management - Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood, etc. Obviously they were unable to locate their addresses.

I'm sure the Fink will know where to send the subpoenas when it goes to court

• Like 1

I'm sure the club knows what it Finks best !!

• Like 1

Kinda funny, you'd think the vultures ( read usual suspects) would have been all over this like a rash !!!

Strange silence. What little is lip service really.

Perhaps some already sense the non event and wish not to be having to eat crow !

Think they're (read MR and CW) on holidays 'BB' that's why the AFL is getting things out of the way now, including AA's departure.

Get things cleared up while Punch & Judy are away.

• Like 1

ACCORDING to some religious prophets, the Ancient Mayan calendar predicts an apocalypse tomorrow — December 21 — when the world will come to an end. For some religious scholars, this marks the Rapture or End of Days, when the faithful will be caught up in the skies and meet their God.

Tommorrow — December 21 — the AFL will give the Melbourne Football Club and other interested parties the evidence gained from the "tanking" enquiry. For some religious followers, this marks the Rapture or End of Days, when the AFL will be dragged kicking and screaming to the supreme court. I predict that old Sol will rise on Saturday the 22nd of December and I will go on to enjoy a very merry Christmas with my family and friends. This circus will sort itself out in the fullness of time and no matter how much nashing of teeth or wailing at the wall that we all do, if the asteroid slams into old terra tomorrow there is very little any of us can do about it. Have a wonderful festive season everybody, and if Lucifers Hammer should hit the MFC stick fat with the club because that will be the time that they most need us one and all.

• Like 3

I just really want the club to stand up and say NO to anything the AFL tries to throw at them over this. There can't be more damning evidence than that which has been discarded previously when this issue has been raised in relation to other clubs. If the AFL try to have a quiet chat about what we'd be willing to give up to make it go away, the response should be "Not a damn thing." Everything that we have seen in the media has been said previously about other clubs and nothing was ever done. This is nothing more than a witch hunt for a perceived easy target, and we need to stand up and comprehensively disabuse the AFL of that notion.

• Like 2

I agree.

After three weeks weeks we should respond with:

Dear Sir/MAdam,

We seek clarifications of the rules you refer to in your "evidence" and also the "rule" to which you refer.

We look forward to your interpretation of them as compared with ours.

It is crucial for our game that we rectify any grey areas so as to ensure the integrity of the game we began so long ago .

Please LMBB and SMMFD you BFGC .

Yours ,

Ray Fink and co.

• Like 1

While Caro and others do not have evidence worth anything the AFL does have email and hard disks etc from the MFC, anyone who sent emails or wrote any docs that could be construed as implying tanking, encouraging tanking, cheering for losses, crowing about getting extra draft picks will be scrutinized as part of their case.

"Barrett has got his info via the club and it appears to me to have been supplied strategically".

Would you please expand on this DD? Not sure I understand the angle.

Clarifying... I understand the club is intimidating that it will fight any charges..hard. This is info that I have received.

Barrett annnounces that mfc will defend itself if charged.

It is my opinion that the club is not making a secret of the fact that it will counter punch.

Clarifying... I understand the club is intimidating that it will fight any charges..hard. This is info that I have received.

It is my opinion that the club is not making a secret of the fact that it will counter punch.

I hope they're just intimating.

We don't want to be seen as applying similar Gestapo tactics.

• Like 3

We are not yet "intimidating "yet we may soon be intimating our intentions in a not too intimate manner.

It will be interesting to interpret the interpolations.

The head in the sand, no way they can single us out group here amazes me. I love your optimism but we are dealing with the AFL remember so anything can happen. I am told that there is enough evidence for the Commission to lay charges if they feel like it and there is enough wriggle room if they don't want to. In the end it will come down to those people on the Commission reaching a consensus one way or the other - so it's just like a jury verdict. Plenty of innocent have been found guilty by juries and plenty of guilty have walked free. It will be close, for people to just sit back and bah humbug the whole thing is niave.

In other words, "no smoking gun".

If there's "wriggle room" both ways that's exactly what you're saying, which is why I'm relaxed. I'd be worried if there was no "wriggle room".

• Like 1

ACCORDING to some religious prophets, the Ancient Mayan calendar predicts an apocalypse tomorrow December 21 when the world will come to an end. For some religious scholars, this marks the Rapture or End of Days, when the faithful will be caught up in the skies and meet their God.

Tommorrow December 21 the AFL will give the Melbourne Football Club and other interested parties the evidence gained from the "tanking" enquiry. For some religious followers, this marks the Rapture or End of Days, when the AFL will be dragged kicking and screaming to the supreme court. I predict that old Sol will rise on Saturday the 22nd of December and I will go on to enjoy a very merry Christmas with my family and friends. This circus will sort itself out in the fullness of time and no matter how much nashing of teeth or wailing at the wall that we all do, if the asteroid slams into old terra tomorrow there is very little any of us can do about it. Have a wonderful festive season everybody, and if Lucifers Hammer should hit the MFC stick fat with the club because that will be the time that they most need us one and all.

Actually the Mayan's believe that our calendar will finish (we are in the final period - the 13th period), and we will move back to the first period as the calendar is a circle - not linear.

Some view this as there will be a 'cleansing' some not. Every religion has some form of a cleansing. The Christians with the rapture, the ancient nords with Ragnarök.

All I know is that the Mayans did not know about leap years so this event would have happened a while ago, and why trust a culture which didnt predict their own demise.

There are always people who try and predict the worst, Galileo adopted the shotgun approach and wrote a whole book on events. My favourite are finding people on DL who try and do the same and then say I told you so.

Like you, I'm more of a my glass is half empty so there is room for scotch type person.

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 3

t will be interesting to see our response to the 'evidence' presented. This could be the making of this administration and of the Melbourne Football Club.

I'm sure the Fink will know where to send the subpoenas when it goes to court

First witness for the MFC, call MR. A. Demetriou to the stand.

First question, after thorough investigations 3 years ago, you stated and have continued to do so, that there was no tanking by the MFC, only list management and experimentation, which is an accepted part of AFL football, is that correct sir?

Second question, you regard tanking as players throwing a game, is that correct?

Third question, do you have any evidence of any player being told to throw a game?

• Like 3

It was in the bloody statement that the club put out on the MFC website.

• Like 2

I hope they're just intimating.

We don't want to be seen as applying similar Gestapo tactics.

We've been merely intimate fodder for the big bastards for too long... high time we put our feet down & became intimidating, with whatever weapons we can gather.

stop bowing & scraping, it's wearing on both the carpet & our new shoes... not to mention our winning mentality, or lack of.

How do you punish individuals? Dean Bailey is working at Port Adelaide isnt he? If they ban him for 12 months thats going to affect Port and its got nothing to do with them.

How do you punish individuals? Dean Bailey is working at Port Adelaide isnt he? If they ban him for 12 months thats going to affect Port and its got nothing to do with them.

Think about that statement for a second.

If I murder someone and go to jail it is going to affect my family (or my place of work using your example) but its got nothing to do with them.

If Dean Bailey instructed the team to tank and there is evidence then he will be banned from coaching. It does not matter where he is coaching now. It's just bad luck to Port that they hired someone who had a "hidden past" that has "caught up with him."

PS I don't believe DB is guilty I was just illustrating a point.

We are not yet "intimidating "yet we may soon be intimating our intentions in a not too intimate manner.

It will be interesting to interpret the interpolations.

I shouldn't bother trying to type on my phone.

• Like 1

I shouldn't bother trying to type on my phone.
mine does similar, even after you think you've checked lol