Either charge us or drop the investigation

loges

As the biggest witch hunt in AFL history drags on ( how many months has it been now?). Surely they either have enough evidence to charge us and if not they should stop the investigation. They've reinterviewed people, done forensic examinations, if they haven't got sufficient evidence now they never will have!

• Like 5

As an investigator I can tell you even if there are no charges identified, before completion and write off every avenue of inquiry identified must be followed. The AFL will want this matter put to bed either way and even if as I suspect there will be no case to answer, Vlad will want to be able to answer all the journalists like Caro and Denham who lead the witch hunt.

Look we have been through this before, a thorough investigation was undertaken by an experienced, qualified and world renowned investigative team. On completion of their investigation they issued a final report (which was made available to the media/public). On review of the report you can see the investigators found nothing of concern, which we are happy does not fall outside of list management and/or player experimentation. We are satisfied with the investigation and the process being complete and we have moved on and think it is time everyone in the media did the same.

As I said above really for the investigator there is no difference in the process whether there is or isn't a finding of wrong doing. It's just a case of the previous inquiries into tanking allegations being a quick phone call yes/no end of story.

As an investigator I can tell you even if there are no charges identified, before completion and write off every avenue of inquiry identified must be followed. The AFL will want this matter put to bed either way and even if as I suspect there will be no case to answer, Vlad will want to be able to answer all the journalists like Caro and Denham who lead the witch hunt.

Look we have been through this before, a thorough investigation was undertaken by an experienced, qualified and world renowned investigative team. On completion of their investigation they issued a final report (which was made available to the media/public). On review of the report you can see the investigators found nothing of concern, which we are happy does not fall outside of list management and/or player experimentation. We are satisfied with the investigation and the process being complete and we have moved on and think it is time everyone in the media did the same.

As I said above really for the investigator there is no difference in the process whether there is or isn't a finding of wrong doing. It's just a case of the previous inquiries into tanking allegations being a quick phone call yes/no end of story.

Having done similar once upon a time, I agree entirely. What's also a problem here is that there's no rule etc prescribing a reasonable length of time for the conduct of an investigation.

The useful thing at the moment is with the leaks seemingly having dried up and the harridan in the gallery having nothing much to screech about, there's really nothing much at stake in things not being finalised.

As the biggest witch hunt in AFL history drags on ( how many months has it been now?). Surely they either have enough evidence to charge us and if not they should stop the investigation. They've reinterviewed people, done forensic examinations, if they haven't got sufficient evidence now they never will have!

Not that simple.

With such vague allegations, rules, and evidence this is going to be like herpies for the dees... It will go away but it will always be lingering in the background, occasionally coming back.

Not that simple.

With such vague allegations, rules, and evidence this is going to be like herpies for the dees... It will go away but it will always be lingering in the background, occasionally coming back.

Thats perfectly describes Johnny Farnham.

• Like 5

Not that simple.

?????????

Had a dog called Herpes once.

It wouldn't heal.

• Like 3

If (when?) we get off that Caroline Wilson article where she says we 'will be punished heavily' will become the most viewed in internet history if I've got anything to do with it.

• Like 5

Maybe I've had too many reds - well actually I have. But you have to explain this one. You didn't kiss him or anything did you?

Johnny famously keeps doing his "last ever tour". I thin he's done three or four "last ever tours". The old bugger just won't retire, despite his insistence that he has.

A bit like Mike Sheahan.

Johnny famously keeps doing his "last ever tour". I thin he's done three or four "last ever tours". The old bugger just won't retire, despite his insistence that he has.

A bit like Mike Sheahan.

Did Johnny lose that court case when a fan sued him as she spent the last of her money at one point ot see him for the "last time" and the he kept touring.

Maybe they could cut out the middleman here and just charge the investigators. They don't really need us to run this kangaroo court thing do they? We could just go about our business and leave them to charge each other with all sorts of things. They can even let Caro invent a couple of things.

They've committed themselves to a full investigation.

Even from the time they present their preliminary findings it could take weeks to finish things off. First the parties have to agree the facts ie on this date he said this etc; then they have to agree or disagree on the conclusions from these facts ie this means/doesn't meantanking; then they've got to agree/disagree the penalty , if any. It won't be just a matter of the AFL saying we conclude x and us saying we don't accept x.

Unfortunately even if we escape sanctions , the AFL are going to have to report in enough detail to justify all the time and effort they've put into it - and to justify all the years they let other teams take advantage of the rules.

The AFL has created a monster ..... and its hard to see them tying it up without weeks and weeks of to'ing and fro'ing (with the media standing beside the shredder trying to pick up few scraps of info!)

I'm just pleased we have signalled again that we are going to fight to preserve our integrity.

Don't hold your breath for clean quick solution ( unless they've been feeding us drafts for weeks already - which seems unlikely)

Thats perfectly describes Johnny Farnham.

Maybe I've had too many reds - well actually I have. But you have to explain this one. You didn't kiss him or anything did you?

A bit like Mike Sheahan.

Did Johnny lose that court case when a fan sued him as she spent the last of her money at one point ot see him for the "last time" and the he kept touring.

His constant "last time" concerts created my favourite saying - "doing a Johnny Farnham". That fan who sued unfortunately lost... misleading in my mind ;)

Almost up there with "doing a Mel Gibson" (when someone blames something they did on alcohol)

Ps, Anyone noticed his concerts were conveniently situated around tax time?

I wouldn't be opposed to the club doing an Adelaide by admitting guilt, in order to get a much lesser penalty.

This club cannot afford to be banned from the next 4 drafts.

Having said that, if the club truly believes its innocent and have done nothing wrong, then I'm happy for them to fight this to the bitter end.

What would the club be guilty of?

Good question!!!

Balancing short term and long term priorities in accordance with the AFL's draft rules - and following the strategies of clubs above us on the ladder?

( You can't say we deliberately forfeited games we lost after the siren like Caro did this morning !!)

• Like 1

Guest fitness

Two things really annoy me about this lingering joke of an investigation:

1. The reputational harm the MFC continue to suffer due to its ongoing nature; and

2. The ludicrous amount of money and resources that have likely been spent by the AFL to date (and continue to be spent) conducting it. Money that could have been better spent in countless other worthy ways.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be opposed to the club doing an Adelaide by admitting guilt, in order to get a much lesser penalty.

This club cannot afford to be banned from the next 4 drafts.

Having said that, if the club truly believes its innocent and have done nothing wrong, then I'm happy for them to fight this to the bitter end.

I would much prefer we blow this up in the courts than admit guilt.

We did nothing more than what clubs do in losing seasons in any competitive sport that has a draft.

And we did nothing wrong.

• Like 6

I would much prefer we blow this up in the courts than admit guilt.

We did nothing more than what clubs do in losing seasons in any competitive sport that has a draft.

And we did nothing wrong.

As I've said before this practice has been going on since the year dot. It doesn't suddenly become tanking because the AFL introduce a priority pick! Also forfeiting a game would involve not fielding a side, at least thats my understanding of the word. Just more sensationalist terminology