Who the hell is responsible?

Soidee

As a paid up member of 30 years I feel very angry that we have stuffed up on recent high draft picks. Now we are giving up those missed chances for B grade pickups. It's a total disgrace and one that MFC members should no longer tolerate. FFS if you recruit a first rounder - Get it right! develop them!

Gysberts? WTF....who apart from himself is responsible for his failure

Morton? Pick bloody 4. I am nonplussed.

This bloody club has to lift its game with recruiting.

• Like 4

You're not alone mate. The more I think about it, the angrier I get. It's a farce.

I don't plan on my renewing my membership. What was the point of putting up with all those poor years if the draft picks are then just discarded?

• Like 1

As a paid up member of 30 years I feel very angry that we have stuffed up on recent high draft picks. Now we are giving up those missed chances for B grade pickups. It's a total disgrace and one that MFC members should no longer tolerate. FFS if you recruit a first rounder - Get it right! develop them!

You forgot Diamond Jim Tillbrook.

• Like 2

I bought Adelaide Steamship shares ( which were blue chip) in the 1980's - now they are no longer in existance.

Why don't people understand that what we drafted players at originally has no bearing on their current value when it comes to trading.

Absolutely we have stuffed up picks (and those responsible are now gone and forgotten), absolutely we have failed to develop players but just because a player is drafted at no 4 like Morton was, I fail to see why this implies that we have to bang our heads against a wall and continually try (and fail) to develop him.

Cut your losses and move on.

• Like 7

You're not alone mate. The more I think about it, the angrier I get. It's a farce.

I don't plan on my renewing my membership. What was the point of putting up with all those poor years if the draft picks are then just discarded?

See ya.

• Like 6

Neeld is responsible now along with Schwab . I thought we were supposed to have a strategy of a rebuilding club, letting go players, like Junior etc..we now pick up Rodan, Byrnes etc..and let go early draft picks in Morton & Gysberts.

All I can say Cam&Mark, it is on your heads this next year after a disastrous 2012.

I believe letting Gysberts and Morton go for virtually nothing is just downright shameful.If we do not win at least 10 games this year both Cam & Mark should WALK or the board should sack both.

• Like 6

There's no need for hysterics guys. The path is clear. We have recruited for a set purpose this time round. It's about a change of culture and filling some short term gaps while we develop Viney, Hogan, Taggert, pick 4 and some of the other youngsters. We will win more games next year and will be a more attractive proposition to free agents and others at this time next year. The journey has begun. Get on board.

• Like 11

You apply for a job (maybe a highpowered job)

Get the job

Don't really perform in the job for a variety of reasons

Tried to fix the problems but it just doesn't work

Get a new boss who doesn't like your work

You get disgruntled and quit or get moved aside

welcome to the AFL where it's more like real life every single day

Neeld is responsible now along with Schwab . I thought we were supposed to have a strategy of a rebuilding club, letting go players, like Junior etc..we now pick up Rodan, Byrnes etc..and let go early draft picks in Morton & Gysberts.

All I can say Cam&Mark, it is on your heads this next year after a disastrous 2012.

I believe letting Gysberts and Morton go for virtually nothing is just downright shameful.If we do not win at least 10 games this year both Cam & Mark should WALK or the board should sack both.

They earmarked their strategy before this FA / Trade period and communicated and outlined the intention to the members. Clearly. Why didn't you pipe up then?

• Like 2

Assume this is going to be your last post on this board as well then, enjoy your retirement, asssume you will be back when the bandwagon starts rolling

• Like 8

it's a clear message to the playing group, just because you're pick 4 doesn't mean you get a game, put in or get out. I for one am glad somebody is finally putting the likes of Morton, gysberts and cook on notice that if you didn't go in and get the ball, you don't get a game. And in this case, you don't even get a chance at a jersey.

this is the problem with the MFC and the so called "culture" supporters that think that it's ok to let languishing players who haven't put mass or play a good game for years get a gig just because they show potential. High integrity is pretty much Neelds message now.

Thank god somebody is saying you play well, play to our standards and you get in the side. I for one am glad to see the back of the 15 yr old school boy bodies that are leaving the club.

• Like 9

Not sure what some people expect we have been at the bottom for 5 years, we have won 30 out of 130 games.

Clearly we do not have the cattle.

The list has to have substantial changes.

If you cannot play at the required standard it does not matter if you are pick 4 or pick 90.

Changes are being made I struggle with how that will do anything but improve matters.

We will not be world beaters in 2013 but hopefully by 2014 and 2015 after a lot more changes we will be a competitive side capable for getting into the top 4.

Please everyone keep in mind in 2012 we were not even competitive!

• Like 4

i will be renewing mine very soon , re those draft picks , would you like to keep them and suffer some more , bye bye

Granted a few of these trades havent made much sense.. But our playing list obviously needed a serious shakeup .. Its wild, aggressive and courageous.. The coaches have a direction.. and they arn't afraid of taking risks.. I think we should just sit back and see how it all unfolds before we slit our wrists..

• Like 5

Granted a few of these trades havent made much sense.. But our playing list obviously needed a serious shakeup .. Its wild, aggressive and courageous.. The coaches have a direction.. and they arn't afraid of taking risks.. I think we should just sit back and see how it all unfolds before we slit our wrists..

+1

I think the club is doing well. This year we blooded a very good KPB prospect in McDonald. We will draft 2 very good midfielders in Viney and pick 4, and next year we will blood a very good KPF prospect in Hogan. With the training facilities and development coaches in place I have more faith in the club to do the right thing.

Lets face it, we have traded 'fluff' fringe players today with players who could become good contributers or at worst fringe players themselves but with much better professional attitudes off field.

We have also lost some experience via FA, retrirements and off field issues. The way I see it is

Brynes replaces Green

Dawes replaces Jurrah

Pederson replaces Rivers

Rodan replaces Moloney

Gys, and Morton did not have an impact on the team at any stage for the last 2 to 3 years so we cant go backwards as a result

• Like 2

Assume this is going to be your last post on this board as well then, enjoy your retirement, asssume you will be back when the bandwagon starts rolling

Goes without saying :) I could see the logic -- and was happy with -- all of the drafting until Rodan. Rodan couldn't get a regular game at Port because he failed on the defensive side, like much of Melbourne's list. Why give away Gysberts for nothing and take on Rodan? I can justify Morton more because his confidence at Melbourne is shattered. But it still hurts.

If you can explain the thinking from Rodan on I would be curious.

Today reeks of firesale.

Yeah, I withold my membership. As a member I feel like a mushroom -- fed sh!t and kept in the dark. I'll always support Melbourne. I can't help it.

• Like 3

While we're getting angry, let's look at all the players we could have drafted instead of Morton, Cook, Gysberts etc... WASTE OF TIME!

Let's all stop analysing the Prendergast factor from the past and do what the footy department has done in accepting that serious change was needed, so you either keep looking backwards or start looking forward.

• Like 3