WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - DOMINIC BARRY

fuchsia

I dont know how many games he played but finished outside the top 10 in the Rebels BaF.....on about 34 votes, the winner got 270odd

I read yesterdays courier as the source

At the same time the Rebels highest rated player was only just in the top 10 or so, tanner Smith so maybe there isnt much to read into the BaF results?

have to be careful with B&F in junior footy. Barry played under 18 champs with NT and school footy at St Patricks Ballarat so check out how many games he actually played for Rebels. BTW ... best Rebel in 2012 for me was Nick Rippon. Worth a look at pick 40-50 IMO

This kid looks good, can read the play and makes very good decisions.

I'm hoping we have the next Reoli on our hands.

We'll have the only Reoli on our hands..

• Like 1

Like his attitude from what i saw and heard. Plus looks like a skillfull, smart player that moves smoothly over the ground. Tipping Tom Mac and Rory would have been able to advise recruiters about character as well, seen as all from st pats. Like the pickup demons just need to develop the kids now.

Welcome aboard Dom Barry. Electric pace and skills.

His highlights remind me of Cyril Rioli (not too much pressure). Has a similar pathway to Rioli. Rioli came down to Scotch College as a 16yo, for 2 yrs in Melbourne.

BTW the only concern for me is our record with indigenous players ... Aussie Wonaemirirmiri & the Wiz J Farmer both got homesick. And Liam's issues.

Or look at how much success we had with Wrecker and Flash? I'm so sick of of people writing about indigenous players and the go home factor, you going to write on the Jesse Hogan thread he will get homesick??

End rant

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Dom Barry. Electric pace and skills.

His highlights remind me of Cyril Rioli (not too much pressure). Has a similar pathway to Rioli. Rioli came down to Scotch College as a 16yo, for 2 yrs in Melbourne.

BTW the only concern for me is our record with indigenous players ... Aussie Wonaemirirmiri & the Wiz J Farmer both got homesick. And Liam's issues.

If we even get close to what the wizard gave to this club, from this bloke, Í will be very happy

He was at the Draft Combine and we were well represented there too. Do you think it's likely we sat him down for a chat ?

To be quite honest, I don't believe there is much thinking going on when it comes to osilik's posts.

• Like 3

From reading phantom drafts and juniors write-ups during the year I was particularly interested by the things that were said about Barry and I was hoping we might take him late in the draft. After his showing at the combine I am quite content that we have picked him up. Looks to lack a bit of penetration on his kicking, but from his highlights, seems to be an accurate Gaff-type kick and he will be able to punch them lower as he gains strength. Good pick up, Dees.

Has a kicking action that needs tweaking though. No biggee

• Like 1

For those wondering if he is going to be home sick and move back to the NT, he moved down from Alice Springs to Ballarat when he is 14, he is now 18.

For those wondering if he is going to be home sick and move back to the NT, he moved down from Alice Springs to Ballarat when he is 14, he is now 18.

If anyone were to worry about the 'go home factor' I'd be more worried about Hogan wanting to go home...I'll just stick to the "Buddy didn't go home and neither shall Hoags..even if it......kills him............................".

Wow, watched the highlights package, the kid has some skills. Reminds me of Travis Johnstone.

I'd take that, skill wise.

Could be a very handy pick up if he increases his strength.

The application is definitely there. Strikes me as a kid who would love to repay the club's faith.

Guys relax. We have been eyeing him off for a while. GWS didn't raise Dom with us. We raised it to them.

Also go home factor does not exist here. He is educated and has good intellect.

Someone mentioned his B&F. He had injuries and didn't play anywhere near a full season. His coach acted him as something he hadn't seen before. Massive compliments were given and we were advised that he could be anything.

I also read above that he should have gone at #33. Hahahahaaaa under what assumption?

The kid has been compared to by his coach as another Rioli but goes missing a little sometimes.

Awareness, pressure, tackling and goal sense is amazing. He does not miss.

Also the reason why Tom Mc and Rory mentioned to recruiters about him was the whole region knew of a young kid coming through that looked unbelievable.

Take this with a grain of salt if you wish, but remember this post.

The deal for Hogan could have been done for just pick 3, but considering our 13 would essentially be 14 because of the Goddard deal we saw it as a better option of getting it done and having pick 20 as well as Dom. Other recruiters had a sniff of him.

• Like 4

The application is definitely there. Strikes me as a kid who would love to repay the club's faith.

Which he'll be able to do from first day of pre-season, as opposed to having to wait till the end of November.

Wow, watched the highlights package, the kid has some skills. Reminds me of Travis Johnstone.

I'd take that, skill wise.

Could be a very handy pick up if he increases his strength.

Travis johnstone was an average kick.

We needed a pacy wingman to excite the MCG » Barry