• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Latest murmurings of a crazy time

Tolstoys Nudge

Garland is nowhere near being a half decent KPD. He refuses to stand directly next to his opponent and puts in half arsed efforts when he has to run. He is a lazy footballer. Too bad really, because if he fixes his attitude, he could well become River's replacement as the third tall in defense.

I'd partner Pederson with Frawley in the key defensive posts, with an eye to bringing in Sheahan as our long-term CHB.

Tom McDonald is twice the player Pederson is and is a few years younger, so I disagree with you.

Sheahan looks good but will need to put on some serious size.

You do not mention Dunn above.

IMO DeeZee the loss of Rivers just about guarantees Dunn a contract Offer.

Sorry, yes forgot Dunn,played well when he went back this year,so there's another.

I also see Dunn as your classic utility,forward ,back or mid,wherever needed.

Taking into account what Neeld has said about players like Watts and Dawes' roles here is what I think we have so far:

KP Backs: Frawley, Tmac, Garland, Watts,

Utilities/Depth: Dunn, Sellar, Martin,

KP Forwards: Clark, Dawes, Fitzpatrick,

Its a hell of a lot better than last year but we really could use Pedersen as a KPF/Ruck. Then we have 4 potential KPD and KPF with 2/3 Utilities. Thats pretty good competition for spots and dare I say it, almost good depth......... Anyway, it certainly shows how well Dawes will impact our list.

I'm curious as to why Pedersen's stocks are so high. I've not got FOXTEL so I see few North games. Even if I did, I'd rarely have had the chance to see him and as such know nothing about him.

While North have had an improved season, it has hardly been Dench & Glendinning keeping him out of their backline. Nor are there a Carey & Longmire duo in his way up forward. He wasn't used as their 2nd ruck and at 193 cm, unless he jumps like Howe I'm not surprised

What has he done to generate such enthusiasm ? What makes him better option than a Sellar, a Martin or even a (shudder) Dunn ?

I'm not getting it.

• Like 3

I'm curious as to why Pedersen's stocks are so high. I've not got FOXTEL so I see few North games. Even if I did, I'd rarely have had the chance to see him and as such know nothing about him.

While North have had an improved season, it has hardly been Dench & Glendinning keeping him out of their backline. Nor are there a Carey & Longmire duo in his way up forward. He wasn't used as their 2nd ruck and at 193 cm, unless he jumps like Howe I'm not surprised

What has he done to generate such enthusiasm ? What makes him better option than a Sellar, a Martin or even a (shudder) Dunn ?

I'm not getting it.

Yeah I'm with you on this I wouldn't get too excited about him. I think he should be a swap for our 3rd round pick and best which is a fair trade I think. I really hope we don't trade our 2nd round compo (assuming that's what we get) for him. We may be able to pick up someone like a Dean Towers with that pick.

• Like 1

Yeah ditto, like I said on another thread if we give them the Rivers compo pick it boils down to a straight swap and I wouldn't do that in a fit.

If we pick him up I'll bow to the superior judgement of the FD but if he fails to perform we've lost a good servant of the club for nothing.

Tom McDonald is twice the player Pederson is and is a few years younger, so I disagree with you.

Sheahan looks good but will need to put on some serious size.

So you are disagreeing with something i never said? Ok then, lol.

Nowhere in my post did i even compare Pederson to McDonald. But on that topic, i would put Pederson in at CHB or FB before McDonald next year, as Tom isn't physically ready yet. Pederson at 100kg is more than ready to fill the spot for a few years, until Sheahan comes in.

McDonald gets somewhat overrated on these boards. Sure he had an ok season and finished very high in the B&F (but looking at our team that's nothing to brag about), but he is desperately lacking in both his decision-making and foot skills. I'm not talking elite, but he is below AFL standard by a fair margin at present.

Should he fix those areas, i feel his best position would be one like Dustin Fletcher or Scarlett in his twilight years. Not taking the big KPF's, but hurting the opposition with his athletic ability and rebounding.

Yeah ditto, like I said on another thread if we give them the Rivers compo pick it boils down to a straight swap and I wouldn't do that in a fit.

If we pick him up I'll bow to the superior judgement of the FD but if he fails to perform we've lost a good servant of the club for nothing.

We had no say as to losing Rivers. And using the pick we get will always be a gamble, as trades and drafts always are at around #30 or higher. Pederson is more of a mature known quantity than a mid draft 17 yr old and fills a need that Neeld sees in he club. This draft is good at the top but apparently drops away after about 10 or 15. Yes, there are gold nuggets anywhere in every draft, but Neeld has said we have enough kids.

Yeah I'm with you on this I wouldn't get too excited about him. I think he should be a swap for our 3rd round pick and best which is a fair trade I think. I really hope we don't trade our 2nd round compo (assuming that's what we get) for him. We may be able to pick up someone like a Dean Towers with that pick.

Terry Wallace said North would take anything for him, even 4th or 5th round picks.

I'm not getting it.

Wasn't he Norths best first year player in 2011? I could be wrong.

I really rate him as a player that could step up significantly at AFL level. Saw him play in the VFL and was quite impressed. It was only the VFL, but he was playing a lot better than most of Melbourne's taller, fringe players.

Moves pretty well and is quite versatile for a big guy.Would be happy to see him at Melbourne, if the price was right. My only concern is what his role would be.

Defence: Frawley, McDonald, Garland, the ghost of ol' man Rivers. We aren't in any serious need of a tall defender.

Ruck: At a 193cm is he too short?

Forward: Could see him playing a similar as Brown at Collingwood. Playing forward, up the ground and pinch-hitting in the ruck around the ground.

Wasn't he Norths best first year player in 2011? I could be wrong.

I really rate him as a player that could step up significantly at AFL level. Saw him play in the VFL and was quite impressed. It was only the VFL, but he was playing a lot better than most of Melbourne's taller, fringe players.

Moves pretty well and is quite versatile for a big guy.Would be happy to see him at Melbourne, if the price was right. My only concern is what his role would be.

Defence: Frawley, McDonald, Garland, the ghost of ol' man Rivers. We aren't in any serious need of a tall defender.

Ruck: At a 193cm is he too short?

Forward: Could see him playing a similar as Brown at Collingwood. Playing forward, up the ground and pinch-hitting in the ruck around the ground.

Pretty certain you are correct about his first year at North, Juice. I'm not sure what happened in 2012, but he did have a fair bit of competition to break into their senior line-up. If we recruit him I think it will be primarily to play Brown type forward / ruck role but his versatility will also be seen as an asset.

Pretty certain you are correct about his first year at North, Juice. I'm not sure what happened in 2012, but he did have a fair bit of competition to break into their senior line-up. If we recruit him I think it will be primarily to play Brown type forward / ruck role but his versatility will also be seen as an asset.

Was B&F at Werribee for 2012.

Never.

And yes, I'm well aware that many footy followers have flawed perceptions of our great game.

I don't - the most overused word on these boards are "star" and "champion" - words that have no relevance to our list today.

I agree, but the point iwas making is that is just someone elses opinion, who cares if they are right or not?

I think it would be great if we drafted that Chinese kid who attended the combine. Has a good build for an outside mid and would come as a freebie. Wouldn't even take up a spot on our senior list as he would go onto our international list. Also could help raise interest in the club from some Chinese living in Melbourne.

I liked the look of the American athlete Eric Wallace. I don't really see a downside to signing a player like him.

So you are disagreeing with something i never said? Ok then, lol.

Nowhere in my post did i even compare Pederson to McDonald. But on that topic, i would put Pederson in at CHB or FB before McDonald next year, as Tom isn't physically ready yet. Pederson at 100kg is more than ready to fill the spot for a few years, until Sheahan comes in.

McDonald gets somewhat overrated on these boards. Sure he had an ok season and finished very high in the B&F (but looking at our team that's nothing to brag about), but he is desperately lacking in both his decision-making and foot skills. I'm not talking elite, but he is below AFL standard by a fair margin at present.

Should he fix those areas, i feel his best position would be one like Dustin Fletcher or Scarlett in his twilight years. Not taking the big KPF's, but hurting the opposition with his athletic ability and rebounding.

Tom McDonald does not get overrated on these boards. He has deserved the applause and admiration of supporters this year due to his significant improvement in just one season.

For you to classify him as a Fletcher or Scarlett type in his "twilight years" which is like a minimum of 13 fricken years away tells me you have no idea mate.

• Like 2

Tom McDonald does not get overrated on these boards. He has deserved the applause and admiration of supporters this year due to his significant improvement in just one season.

For you to classify him as a Fletcher or Scarlett type in his "twilight years" which is like a minimum of 13 fricken years away tells me you have no idea mate.

Wow, okay mate. Not McDonald's twilight years you ignoramus, the role that Scarlett played in his twilight years and the role that Fletcher has been playing for the last few seasons.

I still struggle to understand all the love for a bloke who managed 3 AFL games this year. He won Werribee's B&F. Couch won ours. Big deal!

Far prefer Sellar.

He is a much better player than Sellar imo, unless Sellar can step it up 30+% imo

Sellar has all the tools to even be a Dawes type just cant stick it together imo and may never quite do it.

Wow, okay mate. Not McDonald's twilight years you ignoramus, the role that Scarlett played in his twilight years and the role that Fletcher has been playing for the last few seasons.

Okay. Happy to man up and admit I read that wrong.

Carry on.