Blues after Watts

DeeZee

Denham has just stated on SEN that the industry has been shocked by the amount of Melbourne players putting feelers out in the market place.

Yesterday he said, "Melbourne are doing high 5's because Shannon Byrnes was even prepared to tour their facilities. Please."

I do find it pretty funny. The only players wanting to leave are the players that don't see themselves as part of the future. And they're not part of the future because they either haven't bought in, or are not good enough.

are you sure he said the "the industry is shocked"?

maybe you misheard and he said "the industry is shocking"?

as BB says denham is just a rent-boy LOL

• Like 1

Denhan just said lots of senior Melbourne players want to leave, a caller just asked him to name them but he dodged the question.

Why do I listen to this peanut?

The caller should've called in and asked Denham to name Melbourne's senior players. Let alone the ones "wanting to leave"!

• Like 1

Was Denham still on when Swann rang in?

No he wasn't. swann said, carlton knew nothing of it, melbourne knew nothing of it, he spoke to his manager every day, he knew nothing of it - said it was made up.Swann also said that another article in the sun connecting carlton and raph clarke was also bulltish. silly season everywhere to sell papers.

Edited by Grimes to Watts

Neeld has repeatedly said that Jack Watts is a 21 year old 50 game player who has great skills. For Neeld not to try and work with him on contested ball and Misson do his job and bulk Watts up after only one season under them would be an absolute crying shame.

If Watts is still in the same mould this time next year then I will start to raise my eyebrows.

Not just a crying shame but almost negligence. Watts and others are just the project that Neeld was appointed to manage. He has been given resources and he must now apply them to achieve the results required.

I am not knocking Neeld at all but supporting him to achieve .

I think this rumour has been shown to be false but I reckon if ever Neeld needed some incentive to get Watts to achieve it would be the implied suggestion that MM could.

It does remain to be seen how JW and many other players progress/develop/improve this season.

I am certainly looking forward to the many levels of rumour and fact that may be used to propel improvement. Hopefully this extends from the media and Dland through to the club and the players.

Keep up the passion GO DEES!!!!

Personally I'd be shattered if MFC traded Jack..... When players play in the red and blue, i become attached...... i like to think of them as my own...... I've grown to really like Watts and I hope he becomes a really good/great one club player....

I'm already attached to Viney and he hasn't played one game.... I can't help but attach myself to anyone in red and blue.... At the moment it's the youth in our list that gives me and my kids hope....

Losing Scully hurt..... Losing Jurrah made my kids cry.... Losing Watts would mean, me and my kids losing passion for this club.... I would be done trying to convince my kids, that the MFC is the best club..... It's been bloody hard work to keep them in red and blue, over the last few years.... Take away our hope, than you can forget about me trying anymore....

This may seem silly to some but Jack Watts means more to me and my kids than Just number one draft pick..... Watts represent hope for the future..... Even if he fails as player..... At least he failed as demon.....

Nothing would hurt more than Watts becoming another Carlton Champion.... I would rather keep Watts, than gain Cloke or buddy or Judd..... because to me and my kids Watts is Melbourne.....

Nothing would hurt more than Watts becoming another Carlton Champion.... I would rather keep Watts, than gain Cloke or buddy or Judd..... because to me and my kids Watts is Melbourne.....

I like the kid a lot, but thats just silly. You wouldn't trade him for Buddy? Wow

everybody calm, it's an unsubstantiated rumor, people who are like "i can't believe they're thinking of trading..." "i can't fathom why they would trade..." "I'll tear my membership if they trade..."

This is a great time for the club, one where players are going and players are going to come in, new and old.

Fortunately, this is just rubbish that carlton has now denied being involved with, and melbourne were never going to be involved with. Give them some credit to know what a player can do, at least Neeld can see talent/fire combination and is acting accordingly.

NEXT RUMOR PLEASE

KB had Swan from Carlton on his show this morning.

Swan said it is fiction.

Never been discussed by Carlton, no contact from his manager, Watts or the MFC or anyone associated with it.

Venom is just a vindictive bastard who has it in for the MFC. I want to see Joan from Camberwell punch his lights out!!

That would be something to see "WYL"

Noticed that Denham also put a little jab in to CS while he was on, now I'm not a fan of CS at all but I think Denham should lay out what the problem(s) is rather than his continual sniping.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/carlton-expresses-interest-in-bomber-scott-gumbleton-and-melbourne-forward-jack-watts/story-e6frf9jf-1226488476356

'Carlton CEO Greg Swann described the reports as "absolute crap".

"I don’t know where it’s come from. I think he’s contracted. We haven’t spoken to them, they haven’t spoken to us. I deal with his manager every other day, he’s never mentioned it," he told SEN radio.

"I think it’s another one in the made up category."

Greg Denham = [censored] of the highest order.

KB had Swan from Carlton on his show this morning.

Swan said it is fiction.

Never been discussed by Carlton, no contact from his manager, Watts or the MFC or anyone associated with it.

yeah, we gather all that from the previous 20-30 posts before yours.

Watts represent hope for the future..... Even if he fails as player..... At least he failed as demon.....

Sig worthy.

Now that this rumour has been put to bed by Carlton it's probably a good time to lock this pointless thread.

• Like 1

Can I say, and this won't make me popular, but Denham is right that a lot of our senior players are putting their feelers out in the market. However, he makes it out to be a bad thing and I think it is a good thing. Senior players' lives have become a lot more difficult under Neeld. He doesn't respect players because they are senior, he respects players because they do deeds that earn respect. He is also brutally, brutally honest with players, and the senior players are used to a more "cushy" existence. There is also MFC's recent track record, in particular Bruce and McDonald (more McDonald, but I don't want this to become another one of those discussions!) that makes senior players cautious of MFC's motives.

Neeld has made no secret that he thinks things need to drastically change. You don't put a 20 year old into captaincy and shun almost all of the pre-existing leaders if you're happy with the status quo. I say all the power to Neeld. Overdue. The result of that is disenchanted senior blokes.

And by the way, don't kid yourselves, it's not just the players that have put feelers out - the club has told almost every player on the list that it is testing the market with them. It's actually the club that has put the feelers out, and players have responded.

FWIW, I think that Neeld is preparing to trade Watts, but only for the right price. And I think if the right price came along (an elite midfielder comes to mind), then I would do it. That's not to disrespect Jack, bc I actually rate him, but the fact is you don't trade junk for treasure.

Greg, is that you?

Denham does seem to consistently have it in for the Dees. Can anybody recall him saying something positive about the club? I can't. He's a bit of a non entity anyway.

Guest neeldstherealdeal

Can I say, and this won't make me popular, but Denham is right that a lot of our senior players are putting their feelers out in the market. However, he makes it out to be a bad thing and I think it is a good thing. Senior players' lives have become a lot more difficult under Neeld. He doesn't respect players because they are senior, he respects players because they do deeds that earn respect. He is also brutally, brutally honest with players, and the senior players are used to a more "cushy" existence. There is also MFC's recent track record, in particular Bruce and McDonald (more McDonald, but I don't want this to become another one of those discussions!) that makes senior players cautious of MFC's motives.

Neeld has made no secret that he thinks things need to drastically change. You don't put a 20 year old into captaincy and shun almost all of the pre-existing leaders if you're happy with the status quo. I say all the power to Neeld. Overdue. The result of that is disenchanted senior blokes.

And by the way, don't kid yourselves, it's not just the players that have put feelers out - the club has told almost every player on the list that it is testing the market with them. It's actually the club that has put the feelers out, and players have responded.

FWIW, I think that Neeld is preparing to trade Watts, but only for the right price. And I think if the right price came along (an elite midfielder comes to mind), then I would do it. That's not to disrespect Jack, bc I actually rate him, but the fact is you don't trade junk for treasure.

Of all the posts in this thread I reckon you've hit the nail. Neeld would be negligent in his duty no to look at taking advantage of any interest from the Blues in Watts, particularly if it means bolstering our midfield.

Watts will be a good player but clearly not the KPF we'd hoped for. Purely on draft pick value he'd surely be somewhere between picks 10 and 20 for most clubs. I very much doubt anyone would give up a top 10 pick for him.

If I were Neeld I'd make an agressive play for Mitch Robinson (yep he of the 'bruise free' call fame). Exactly what we need. Imagine adding him AND Viney to the midfield mix for next season. It'd be a massive statement and a game-changing move for us. Start the ball rolling by saying "okay, we'll cough up Watts for pick 11 and Robinson" ... and see where it takes us. I'd opt for battle-hardened quality in the midfield to a cheap stat-king of the HBF anyday.

The other concern is that we hang on to Watts for another season and his market value drops even further and we get .... nothing.

Of all the posts in this thread I reckon you've hit the nail. Neeld would be negligent in his duty no to look at taking advantage of any interest from the Blues in Watts, particularly if it means bolstering our midfield.

If I were Neeld I'd make an agressive play for Mitch Robinson (yep he of the 'bruise free' call fame).

Who are these people who with one of their first handful of posts write such nonsense? There seems to be quite a few popping up of late, often with a little bit of of silliness to stir the masses. Watts for Mitch Robinson? What the?

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

Guest neeldstherealdeal

Who are these people who with one of their first handful of posts write such nonsense? There seems to be quite a few popping up of late, often with a little bit of of silliness to stir the masses. Watts for Mitch Robinson? What the?

I said Mitch Robinson AND pick 11.

Can you read?