WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

Dawes, Clark and Hogan mean we don't have to worry about getting a tall forward for the better part of a decade or longer.

Pick 20 will deliver whoever has it a very good prospect. But that need for that pick is assuaged by us having Pick 4, Viney, an improved Trengove, and more involvement from Howe and Blease.

Yep can look everyhwhere but forward for a long time if we get Dawes

I think the Hogan trade was linked to Viney being pick at 26.

Yes, GWS wanted pick 3 for themselves and wouldn't have got it if they'd forced us to use it on Viney. Surely there is no room left for "I thinks" on that one?

I am amazed at the way some of our supporters are so willing to talk trash about a Premiership KPF who is 24, has played more finals than almost every player on our list, has a professional attitude, a great training reigimen and tremendous upside. Dawes would be an excellent pickup for Melbourne.

Agreed. To be honest, I'm not all that fussed about how Dawes (and Byrnes) go. They've played in premierships, they know what it takes, they know what it's like, and both are reportedly solid trainers and good leaders. On-field success starts off-field - Sydney are as good an example of this as any team around. Get the "culture" right, put in the hard yards, and it's surprising how far you can get.

I agree with you about needing 3 A grade mids. I guess I feel that Trengove, Grimes and especially Sylvia have the ability to become A grade next year.

Pick 20 could yield a Nat Fyfe. It could yield an Adam Maric. You just don't know what your going to get. We know Dawes has the ability to be a good if not great power forward. Play him purely as a Forward along Clark with someone like Pederson pinch hitting instead and our forward line starts to look a lot more formidable than it did this year.

Come on. Trengove, Grimes, and Sylvia are so far from "A" graders it's not funny.

We aren't going to find our A graders for a little time yet.

Anyone would think reading some of the derisions that we were going after Dawes as though he's to be the prima force at the pointy end.

Once, perhaps.

Currently we're after the 'double' of a "double act" , just as long as he makes life a bit hot for the defence and slots a goodly number of supportive snags then all is well.

The aspect I take heart in is last time we courted him he thought us a basket case, now he wants to weave for us.

Times a changing !

• Like 2

It's interesting that the Magpie forum consensus is that pick 20 is a fair deal, and they would be rapt to get a pick plus a player. Not that this means anything other than where the average Pie supporter rates him.

No sooner than Wellingham had announced West Coast as his desired choice of club, Eddie McChins was chirping away into his microphone on his beloved hit breakfast show asking for significant compensation in return.

West Coast put up 17 and asked for 39 in return to which Collingwood replied with a flat out "No" ("get serious he's worth a first rounder and that's it, what are we playing here, musical chairs?").

Fast forward to late this week, no sooner than Dawes had announced his desired destination, Walsh was hot to trot on the Bat phone immediately to trade week, demanding what's required. ...Probably because Eddie didn't have a medium at that particular time to spruik from to all in sundry what his club demands.

If you ask me, he's worth no more than a late second round pick or player for player trade. If they're offered pick 20, they should thank their lucky stars and hit the ground running.

Trivia question: When was the last time Melbourne-Collingwood were involved in a trade; what player?

Anyone would think reading some of the derisions that we were going after Dawes as though he's to be the prima force at the pointy end.

Once, perhaps.

Currently we're after the 'double' of a "double act" , just as long as he makes life a bit hot for the defence and slots a goodly number of supportive snags then all is well.

The aspect I take heart in is last time we courted him he thought us a basket case, now he wants to weave for us.

Times a changing !

And there's the small matter of his future at the Pies looking a lot more bleak than it did at this time last year, for whatever reason.

Agree with the rest.

Edited by Akum

dawes will be very good for us i think , may surprise a lot on here , just watched the hulk interview , hes gonna be a monster when he grows up , all wow there , , go dee,s

Wow I cant believe the negativity on here about Dawes. Was anyone else at the same games I was at during the season when Clark was playing and he would have 3 opponents going with him because we just kept bombing it into him. The when he went down we had to play Rivers and GArland in the foward line.

Dawes would be a great replacemnt. he is experienced, young, can play and has strength. he and Clark would be great in the foward line together. How hard is it to get tall fowards that are ready to go. Yeah Dawes had a crap year but so did most of the pies players. But the year the pies won the flag he had a great year. Seriously he will be fantastic and would free Mitch up more. Also its great to see melbourne out there and having the guts to get these players. During the bailey era we didnt draft so well lets face it. How many of you bagged the club when we got Clark and he proved people wrong. Couldnt are less if we have to give up pick 20. We could pick up a dud who will hardly play any games or we could pick up a handy player. But DAwes is ready made. Remember this is the same club that oicked morton at 4 and luke molan at 9.

Congrats to Mark Neeld for getting off his backside and targeting these players and getting them to our club. For putting a plan into place.

For the negative people they can join the likes of Greg Denham in a room together. I am appluading the club especilly neeld and backing them in on there agressive recruitng and cannot wait for 2013.

• Like 5

Mods, I don't agree with what I consider to be your overly strict censorship but, given how strict you often are, why are you permitting these continued, irrelevant, personal attacks on america de cali?

Is it simply because he has expressed an unpopular opinion or is there some other reason?

Maybe it's because you don't understand what a personal attack is.

There's nothing wrong if someone says that they don't think he has any idea what he's talking about because they think his posts are worthless rubbish that are clearly designed to push an agenda that is insulting to the intelligence of Demonland.

It would, however, be against the Code of Conduct to say that he's a complete dick that most of the site hopes soon dies of a quick, but unspeakably painful, venerial disease.

I hope that I have helped you to understand the Demonland Code of Conduct.

• Like 3