• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

I hope we're not shy come list trimming time

Ruthless =

delistings - Jamie Bennell, Matthew Bate, Aaron Davey, Neville Jetta, Troy Davis, Cale Morton, Lucas Cook, Ricky Petterd & Jake Spencer

(Brad Green retired).

That's 10 off the list.

Brent Moloney, Lynden Dunn, Joel Mcdonald all survive.

Moloney not a chance to stay.

Edited by rjay

Ruthless =

delistings - Jamie Bennell, Matthew Bate, Aaron Davey, Neville Jetta, Troy Davis, Cale Morton, Lucas Cook, Ricky Petterd & Jake Spencer

(Brad Green retired).

That's 10 off the list.

Brent Moloney, Lynden Dunn, Joel Mcdonald all survive.

Moloney has put himself up as the first free agent, has 4 or 5 clubs looking at him. He will not play for Melbourne again. He is gone.

If Gysberts does go then that's a really sad story, such a high pick, especially since he was what we got for McLean (who has been dominating). The fact that Neeld has only given him one game this season is a disgrace, considering some of his form in the previous two seasons, yet it probably proves what he thinks of him and means he will leave

Pretty hard to give him games when he's on the sidelines with a busted ankle and then a busted jaw. He only played one game, yes, and he could hardly move by the end of the third quarter. Whether through his own fault or not (injuries) the kid needs to build a tank quick smart if he wants to make it in the AFL. No point playing kids who can't run out games especially if they're skinny rakes who get thrown around like rag dolls.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

I really hope we keep Gysberts, I understand attitude and fitness have been said to be problems. But how can we be sure of what he's capable of after the year he's had with injuries? He's still young, he knows how to get the ball (when fit), I will be super [censored] if we see him go given that he's what we got for McLean.

I really hope we keep Gysberts, I understand attitude and fitness have been said to be problems. But how can we be sure of what he's capable of after the year he's had with injuries? He's still young, he knows how to get the ball (when fit), I will be super [censored] if we see him go given that he's what we got for McLean.

We can't but the coaches around the club will have a good idea of how he goes about things & if he's worthy of a spot, to help rebuild this once great club.

Our top 10 ...

Jones, Clark, Sylvia, Grimes, Howe, Jamar, Blease, Frawley, Trengove, Jurrah (when fit and free)

When is/has Jurrah ever been 'fit' and free. He never has been and never will be.

I think T Mac deserves that 10th spot much more...

The following in my opinion are gone.

Green

Jurrah

Moloney

Bate

Bartram (Depending on injury)

Bennell

Davis

Morton

Petterd

The following will depend on trades, although i could see leaving the club. (ie. have trade value or need someone to come into the club to replace their role, therein being delisted)

I don't believe all from the below list will leave...but not all will stay either.

Cook

Gysberts

Martin

Dunn

Jetta

MacDonald

Davey

Rivers

So there you go...i don't think we'll get rid off all these players....but there's 17 potential changes that i could see happening.

Keep

Gysberts is an interesting one. I reckon it is only fitness and size holding him back. In my opinion he has classy hands in close and is a good decision maker. We lack these qualitites so much so I don't think we can afford to lose him unless we get somethig better in return.

Jetta. Keep him. Loved his attack on the footy a week or so ago and injuries have cruelled him.

Rivers. Don't be ridiculous - he is a keeper.

Spencer. Keep him. If Jamar or Gawn get injured next year we need him.

Bartram. .

Cook. Totally untried but is probably on shakey ground.

Trade

Martin

Bate

Petterd

Delist

Bate

Bennell

Morton

Davey

Unsure

Moloney. Still yet to be convinced he is going anywhere.

Dunn

Bail

Jurrah

As much as I hate to type this because I have been an avid supporter, Watts needs a rocket. He won't be delisted or traded because he has skills that no other player on our list has (decision making, awareness, keeps his feet) but if Neeld's benchmark about urgency is to be believed, Watts is no certainty.

The following in my opinion are gone.

Green

Jurrah

Moloney

Bate

Bartram (Depending on injury)

Bennell

Davis

Morton

Petterd

The following will depend on trades, although i could see leaving the club. (ie. have trade value or need someone to come into the club to replace their role, therein being delisted)

I don't believe all from the below list will leave...but not all will stay either.

Cook

Gysberts

Martin

Dunn

Jetta

MacDonald

Davey

Rivers

So there you go...i don't think we'll get rid off all these players....but there's 17 potential changes that i could see happening.

You''re first nine is close to the mark I reckon, but keep Morton (coach seems to want to perist) and promote Davey from your bottom eight into those going and there's your nine. Add Rivers who is said to be out and you have ten. No more change needed.

I've gone from thinking we'll be ruthless in the trade period to worrying who is'nt going to walk out on us! Green has retired, Moloney is all but out the door, Jurrah is gone, rumours that Rivers, Gysberts and Strauss are happy to hear what other clubs have in mind for them....

Guys like Morton & Bennell might be safe after all! I cant see Neeld going to the draft and having to use a heap of picks, especially when he is no big on Games experience and other stats....

Those that are leaving or rumoured to be leaving are unable to buy in (Moloney, Jurrah) , or lift their game (Gysberts, Strauss) or prepared to wait (Rivers, Green)... Harsh to say this but if these boy are unable to lift to what Neeld and co require, we should trade, delisted etc... every one of them. Bring in players who are sold on the vision, solid and hungry (like Mitch Clark, Sellar, etc...) from day One.

• Like 1

I've gone from thinking we'll be ruthless in the trade period to worrying who is'nt going to walk out on us! Green has retired, Moloney is all but out the door, Jurrah is gone, rumours that Rivers, Gysberts and Strauss are happy to hear what other clubs have in mind for them....

Guys like Morton & Bennell might be safe after all! I cant see Neeld going to the draft and having to use a heap of picks, especially when he is no big on Games experience and other stats....

wyl and a couple of others have been for some time suggesting to all on here that free agency can devastate lower level clubs.

I think we are now beginning to get the picture.

Geelong does not need to deal with the MFC for Rivers

as long as his price is reasonable he just walks not a lot the MFC can do or get.

This is the way of the future we had better get better quick.

No way Bennell stays there are five Casey players better than him who are busting to play AFL

Edited by old dee

Those that are leaving or rumoured to be leaving are unable to buy in (Moloney, Jurrah) , or lift their game (Gysberts, Strauss) or prepared to wait (Rivers, Green)... Harsh to say this but if these boy are unable to lift to what Neeld and co require, we should trade, delisted etc... every one of them. Bring in players who are sold on the vision, solid and hungry (like Mitch Clark, Sellar, etc...) from day One.

All good in theory however can we find enough worthy replacements?

Don't agree with Strauss, has pit a hell of a lot of work in to get back as quick as he did!

I have never heard any attitude issues with Gys. I would be absolutely shocked if he were delisted or moved on.

I have. But not in a delist way, but in a work harder and you could be a star mentality.