On the Couch - Brock talks about 'tanking'

jumbo returns

Yes we have. Tanking doesnt exist...ask Vlad.

Its irrelevent. The powers that be have changed the system to 'overcome' such indescretions.

The medling media want to run with it like a dog with a bone. The administration that runs the game is simply over it.

And some would have this turncoat and revisionist back at the club...honestly.

• Like 2

When Matthew Warnock went to Full Forward and Paul Johnson to Full Back against Richmond Round 19 or 18 2009 I think it was clear then what was happening, not one person involved with the club that day can deny the intent of tanking or playing to lose. If it is denied then those involved are true idiots!

Thought the irony of going to Carlton was rich, but I do think it points the bone fairly at the club's administration as Brock made it clear that players and coach did not agree with the policy.

What goes around comes around and i think we are seeing it right now.

To be honest I don't buy that it's entirely a media beat up. I think football fans are interested in it especially in light of our ongoing lack of competitiveness.

It gets better - Sheahan now says that the AFL must investigate the club.

Roos says that Melbourne is now an 'irrelevant' club.

Further, the MFC is still struggling due to the culture set up then....

Let's sink the boots in, boys.

AND WHICH PART OF THAT DO YOU THINK IS INCORRECT?

My first thoughts about Brocks comments about Melbourne 'experimenting' were 'CARLTANK'!!!!

Comon! I totally agree with what Brock said. But too go too Carlton who were the biggest tankers of all!!!! [censored]!

We have definitely not heard the last of this. Expect a big write up in the paper this week if not tomorrow.

Thought the irony of going to Carlton was rich, but I do think it points the bone fairly at the club's administration as Brock made it clear that players and coach did not agree with the policy.

Who would've made the call to "tank"?

I'm curious about it, more than anything else.

AND WHICH PART OF THAT DO YOU THINK IS INCORRECT?

The AFL cant initiate an investigation as it would only serve to condemn cultures of its own creation.

Although agree with roos who said it backfired and set us back. From culture perspective.

Well we have proven that there are no guarantees, our picks haven't been the best and your right that it cost us culture wise and we are yet to reap the ability rewards.

As said, this is very rich that Brock is now a Carlton player, and this is a team that began the ultimate tank. It pisses me right off that we are always mentioned when it comes to tanking but somehow the Blues seem to miss out.

Some strange agendas in play.

Of course the AFL know it happened, they just have nothing to gain for making a huge issue out of it, but rather just deny it and quietly change the priority pick rules.

Sadly ironic that tanking, among a myriad of other reasons, is crippling our club today when we are meant to be reaping the rewards of it. Karma has come around and severely [censored] slapped us in the face.

• Like 2

Guest lambtotheslaughter

We are reaping the rewards of a losing culture

A cancer that the idiots in charge chased and most of our idiot supporters went along with

As soon as it was obvious that we were not trying to win a small piece of me died

This is still happening, the current set of players cannot be as bad as they are at playing this game

WHEN WILL IT STOP!

Who could forget the round 22 game known as the Kruzer cup. When Carlton let Travis Jognstone run free and he got 40 possies. That was tanking. It cant be investigated because everyone will just deny it. The AFL have already knocked this on the head.

I think this club and mark neeld has been through enough this season. Let it go.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.