Richmond's Dan Connors and Dustin Martin in trouble

geez as if you need sleeping pills to get to sleep after being on the booze. Sounds more like shards to me....you think we are stupid AFL and Richmond? For the record Ive seen these 2 in action at a bucks party. wow wee ive never seen anyone beg so hard for some dust. Pardon the pun ;)

Edited by wackojacko

Pretty sure the whole team took sleeping pills at quarter time last Saturday.

We'd have to be some sort of chance this week in what will be a horrible game to watch.

Pretty sure the whole team took sleeping pills at quarter time last Saturday.

We'd have to be some sort of chance this week in what will be a horrible game to watch.

Surely could not be much worse than most of the Dees games I have watched this year Deestroy All

In other illicit news, reckon the 'Fevolution' is still partying after his haul last night?

There will be a Lebron James style bar tab to pick up next week.

You do need a perscription to get Stilnox DC.

The question in my mind is how many would they have taken to sleep in that long and when did they take them

3.00 AM?

Me thinks there is more to this and it seems a harsh penality for Martin if he over slept one training session.

There is more to Martins behaviour then we know.

However he can come and play for the Dees anyday for mine.

Hell I will pay for his Stilnox

assuming stilnox was the issue od :wacko:

sounds more like Richmond are "feeding the chooks"

assuming stilnox was the issue od :wacko:

sounds more like Richmond are "feeding the chooks"

Yes I just assumed it was stilnox DC

Hope they dont feed the leftovers to the chooks mate the RFC might be in trouble with the RSPCA

However he can come and play for the Dees anyday for mine.

No thanks.

When this club is trying to build a strong culture, the last thing we need is the son of a bikie member that's his current team saw fit to remove from his home and live with their president instead as a condition of him being drafted. IMO that's probably why Melbourne never interviewed him, although that bit's an assumption only, I don't know that for a fact.

He's a great player. but far to much baggage for me, might get set straight at a club with an already strong culture like Geelong, but while we're trying to reshape ours he'd be as damaging as Fevola would have been and we'd never achieve the success we want and neither will Richmond while he's there IMO.

No thanks.

When this club is trying to build a strong culture, the last thing we need is the son of a bikie member that's his current team saw fit to remove from his home and live with their president instead as a condition of him being drafted. IMO that's probably why Melbourne never interviewed him, although that bit's an assumption only, I don't know that for a fact.

He's a great player. but far to much baggage for me, might get set straight at a club with an already strong culture like Geelong, but while we're trying to reshape ours he'd be as damaging as Fevola would have been and we'd never achieve the success we want and neither will Richmond while he's there IMO.

Good thing we went with the hard-working, non-drinking Scully.

• Like 1

Good thing we went with the hard-working, non-drinking Scully.

Touche!

Although that Scully pick could turn out to be Stringer and Garlett?

Fingers crossed things work outr better with them.

Something tells me Martin is probably a bit soft in the brain?

Gary March is his mentor?

No wonder.

One is a moral bankrupt -the other a financial one.

Well, well, well.

I always found it odd that we never officially interviewed Martin...

Anyway, it certainly throws that draft back into the "maybe we are better off with Pick 4 and 13 than having Arnie from Gilbert Grape (you'll laugh when you realise the joke there - google it) or Tatts McTakestoomuch" argument.

Guest KingDingAling

Well, well, well.

Anyway, it certainly throws that draft back into the "maybe we are better off with Pick 4 and 13 than having Arnie from Gilbert Grape (you'll laugh when you realise the joke there - google it) or Tatts McTakestoomuch" argument.

Yeah, we are better off with 4 and 13, especially if we snare Wines - who is a Martin replica, only with Jack Viney like determination and work ethic!!

Well, well, well.

"Gilbert, it's the Burger Barn! It's the Burger Barn, Gilbert, the Burger Barn!"

"Gilbert, it's the Burger Barn! It's the Burger Barn, Gilbert, the Burger Barn!"

Just keep him away from the water tower.

The difference being that on match day Martin rips it up and looks to be improving - whereas Trenners struggles and looks to be declining.

Martin is the best talent to come through the ranks in a long time.

Great troll work

I know Connors has a bag record but a least his Stilnox prescribed unlike Martin who got it from a friend.

I now hope we draft Wines, if only for the possible headline of "Wines, after a big night out, gets on the Stillnox"

seriously. this 'sleeping pills' excuse is a total lie for anyone that has any idea. they were obviously on illicit drugs and the only reason it is being called 'sleeping pills' is because if they told the truth they would be forced to axe martin, and obviously they cant do that because he is their marquee player for the next decade. It wouldnt matter if he did a drive-by shooting it owuld be called an 'altercation'. seriously if you buy ANYTHING the club or the afl says you are just an idiot who is out of touch. Yeah we went out on the [censored] and in order to unwind we took some sleeping pills and therefore missed training. MY god how effing stupid do they think we are

After not believing the garbage reason given by Richmond for the sacking and suspension I did some digging with some Richmond contacts.

Turns out this is not the first time in the last couple of months that Martin and Connors have been on the [censored].

They were smashed a few weeks ago and got in big strife from the club over it, this was a repeat offense and the reason for the suspension of Martin and sacking of Connors.

Management of Martins social life is an ongoing problem for Richmond.

I just hope we aren't getting too holier than thou around these parts, for every Dustin Martin story I've heard I've heard a worse Colin Sylvia one, who knows what is true. But there are reasons why we didn't see him fit for a number 2 draft pick but again I think we rated Scully and Trengove's talent ahead of him. Missing training is pretty much a one match ban these days though so 2 isn't too unreasonable especially as he is prone to misbehave.

As for Connors I do feel there must have been something more going on here. If you took PRESCRIBED sleeping tablets and then missed a training session due to excessive sleepiness then isn't that somewhat forgivable regardless of his record - and his public record is only poor, it's hardly a massive wrap sheet. It doesn't get close to what Jurrah has been accused of or even a Jesse Stringer. They've either stepped right on to the front foot knowing they can (with the public support) and would have delisted him at the end of the year or as I believe there is something more to the story. It's a shame to see Richmond having to throw away a decent talent when someone like Maric gets a game every second week.

Edited by the master