Melbourne gets better of Tom Scully trade

Demon2

I'LL STICK BY IT - 11 games remaining, 9 of them against the bottom 8, we win 7

You can stick by it, but go to the AFL site and spend 10 mins completing the ladder predictor.

I think you will be surprised by how many wins a team finishing 16th can have...

No one in their right mind would trade pick 1 for pick 4 and 13.

Past pick 4s have included Morton, Fiora, Ray. Past pick 13s have included Matthew Bate, Tom Lynch (x-Stkilda), Mitch Brown (geelong nothing player).

Pick 1 is a lock great player (or should be at least).

Scully will be a star. 100%. We'll have to get really lucky with pick 4 and pick 13. Let's hope we do. but people are kidding themselves if they think we did better off.

There is a reason we declined pick 5 and pick 9 for pick 2 that year.

did Franklin go at 4 or 5, ?!? what about Hird, draft picks still have a huge element of luck to them, you need to be thereabouts but to say with confidence that certain numbers are no good you must have a oujjia board or something

did Franklin go at 4 or 5, ?!? what about Hird, draft picks still have a huge element of luck to them, you need to be thereabouts but to say with confidence that certain numbers are no good you must have a oujjia board or something

Tambling 4, Franklin 5.

Pav is the only champion #4 pick.

You can stick by it, but go to the AFL site and spend 10 mins completing the ladder predictor.

I think you will be surprised by how many wins a team finishing 16th can have...

I am probably the only tragic who went though the ladder predictor and tweaked it until we were top of the ladder years end and had all interstate sides (and carlton) finishing outside the eight

Tambling 4, Franklin 5.

Pav is the only champion #4 pick.

cheers mate for the update, i couldv'e googled it I guess, I'd happily take a Pav at 4, I read the other day that he was a diminished player somewhere and he came out and played a blinder - in another team he'd be rated like Franklin or Riewoldt

"The Dees will land picks No.4 and No.13 as part of the Scully compensation, two premium young players in a "super draft"."

horrible 'journalism' stating that as as some kind of fact. I asume he means IF we finish 14th and there are no other priority picks? What about the other pick?

It's an 18 team competition

We will get the 3rd best kid in the draft as we have pick 3 and 4.

looks like maybe viney and toumpas. win win

There has been alot of good pick 3 in the draft maybe the next dustin martin

This draft is the most important in the history of this great club we must not fail.

wouldnt we be better off trying to do a trade for one the 17 year old picks GWS have and sweeten the deal so they dont pick Viney ?

I guess i mean like the Veale/ rawlings deal done ... a few years back . I am sure the club is looking into someohting like this off eh record of course

Guest bob

I take from the article that Cam Schwab did some canny work behind the scenes to manoeuvre us into a position to claim 2 compo picks, when it could so easily have been one like the poor old Dogs got.

Some smart politics played there.

Penny finally dropped for you. And you only know 1/2 the story. Congratulations. Bye.

Yes we are apparently interested in Jack Martin from WA (a gun 17yo). Watch him in the u/18's champs. MFC can offer pick #3 and also say "now leave Viney off limits!!! (win win)

How would a deal like that stop Gold Coast nominating Viney with there high pick?

Tanking is the only way to get Viney in the second round.... If we don't finish last, we'll have to wear it....

Viney at pick 3 isn't that bad.... I just hope that someone makes the bombers pay for there father/son selection.....

Mmmmmmmmm........I wonder who YOU might be . Bye.

Sounds a lot like the bovver boy from 'Ology actually. Time will tell i guess.

How would a deal like that stop Gold Coast nominating Viney with there high pick?

Tanking is the only way to get Viney in the second round.... If we don't finish last, we'll have to wear it....

Viney at pick 3 isn't that bad.... I just hope that someone makes the bombers pay for there father/son selection.....

Bombers will get value with their pick because unlike us, their high finish will net him with a late first rounder. But yes someone will nominate him.

Sounds a lot like the bovver boy from 'Ology actually. Time will tell i guess.

I reckon he just revealed himself.

Things are about to get interesting.

Article states that stats such as 'disposal efficiency' between Martin and Scully are roughly similar. Cannot believe this is true: Scully had eight clangers out of 21 possessions in recent match, and 'disposing' of him has given our club a 100% efficiency rate IMO.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a-tale-of-two-draft-picks-20120615-20fm7.html

Scully has a high release kicking action like Cam Bruce and will never be able to kick. Kev's attempt at payback looks like a wobbly punt out on the full.

Spot on. I am amazed by how many good kicks have a low ball drop and vice versa. It is so blindingly obvious I almost can't believe they recruit ppl with a high ball drop. Kicking skills are the foundation stone of our game. Watch Judd, Hodge TJ and even Nathan Buckley in his prime.

The Hawks recruiting policy was almost solely based on that.

I reckon he just revealed himself.

Things are about to get interesting.

No idea who you're talking about, but this guy is a serial pain on here and he's been given the boot permanently (again), so I don't think things are going to get that interesting at all.

Penny finally dropped for you. And you only know 1/2 the story. Congratulations. Bye.

It says a lot that you created a new profile just to come here to stalk me with that piffle.

The only 'story' here is that your Tardis has officially malfunctioned.

The only reason why we would get better of the Scully deal is that we playing like crap.

If we finished 8th-10th. We would get pick 10ish and pick 13. Pick 10 and 13 for Tom Scully. No one would be saying we got the better of that deal.

is there a jagaer o'meara-like 17 yo out there?

It says a lot that you created a new profile just to come here to stalk me with that piffle.

The only 'story' here is that your Tardis has officially malfunctioned.

Yeah, you tell him Rangey

Apparently one of the 'non-negotiables' on the Reality Bus is a Tardis esp one employing 1970's KPIs