• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The word on Brad Green

Maybe next year

Great news to see Greeny resign for at least next season.

We really couldn't do without his experience and dare I say it his leadership in the future.

What hasn't been confirmed is his captaincy and whether he will continue in this role next season.

I particularly think that he will be a co-captain next season with someone who will be out next veteran (if he isn't classed as one already) in Brent Moloney.

We the adding of JT and hopefully a full season from Grimes in 2012 in the leadership group I think you will find a new captain out of these two will be announced in 2013.

Just my thoughts.

Gippy

Hope you are right Grimes and his injuries worries the crap out of me.

Hope you are right Grimes and his injuries worries the crap out of me.

Me too mate.

I got the No 16 on my new jumper this year, only to watch him get injured in round 7.

Broke my heart.

I love the bloke and the way he plays!

Gippy

Good on Brad, and well done MFC for keeping a great player and sticking to their morals

The club wasn't sticking to its morals but rather its principles. I think these will be upheld in future by most AFL clubs, with the possible exception of the Giants who have neither principles or morals.

Be that as it may, it's good to see that Green and the club have committed to one another. I hope Brad can do enough in 2012 to justify a further extension - he deserves to be around for our next successful phase.

I don't see him as the captain next year but I believe this should push him to improved performances given this would allow him to concentrate solely on his form.

No offence but id rather you didnt ruin your track record in this instance lol.

If that was the deal maker then we're soft.. Im hoping sheer common sense and reality reigned on the day.

Now go play good footy Brad.

Go Dees

If he or any other person is prepared to hold the club to ransom over such an issue, it shows very poor leadership qualities indeed.

If he or any other person is prepared to hold the club to ransom over such an issue, it shows very poor leadership qualities indeed.

This expression gets bandied about far too much on these forums for mine.

Whether Green's accepting the 12 month terms involves the captaincy or not is simply idle speculation by myself and others here, and even if it did, it is hardly "holding the club to ransom". Green would obviously be after what he thinks is best for himself (as he should), and the club are obviously going to pay/come to an agreement based on what they think is best for them. Of course there will be a certain amount of compromise involved on both sides and I guess we will find out what was involved in the deal in due course. But "holding the club to ransom"?? Nah!

• Like 1

This expression gets bandied about far too much on these forums for mine.

Damn! I thought I was the first to use it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was amicable and with the intentions of getting the best from both parties.

I'm sure he'll be playing a significant mentoring role to the new Captain next year.

Me too mate.

I got the No 16 on my new jumper this year, only to watch him get injured in round 7.

Broke my heart.

Could have been worse, i got #31 :mad:

Edited by DemonWA

I'll be one of about 3 people on here that will still have my membership in one piece should Green be captain in 2012.

Well done Captain Brad, showed leadership by agreeing to a 1 year deal, knowing that it could be his last year of football, even though he probably thinks he has 3 left in him.

My membership isnt conditional on....well anything. I simply follow Melbourne, always have, always will. Sometines just a bit more enthusiasictaclly than others.

I simply think Green isnt a Captain. A good player yes.. Capt. .not by a street. Quite frankly he never really exhinited those qualities of a captain when down. Ironically this shows people in a fashion might follow his lead to an extent as others followed suit in their poor performances.. His wasnt the example to follow. epic fail.

Unecumbered and freshened he should and ought to be a very useful and valued player offering senior style mentoring and role modelling to the kids.

Time only will tell if this pans out as we hope it does.

• Like 1

Hopefully Neeldy sits him down at full forward all season. He is really handy for us down deep.

Yes, he has got a great set of hands and I rated him as one of the most reliable shots on goal around 2008/09. Greeny was getting to frustrated with the delivery into the forward line, and I dont blame him. It is one thing the team has to work on, as we have good strong marking forwards and airial experts.

Prefer to call it value for money myself. Sick of being laughed at by mates for decades.

No more than I hate it WYL.

What annoys me more is their condesending pity.

"Never mind you are on the right track".

"In 4 - 5 years you will have a good side"

Get stuffed to them all.

I want a large improvement in 2012

Even though I doubt it will happen.

I want to be hated like the Hawks pure and simple.

I'm sure you have posted it before RP, but who would your 2012 captain be?

If I was to choose a captain, I would choose captains...

But if we are to 'go through the process' I would get the Under 23 group to elect the 5-man LG from themselves.

From there the under 23s vote for a captain from the entire list.

I doubt it would be Green, it may be Moloney but an option of shared captaincy should be considered by the FD if the vote is split.

My view is the scenario would be Frawley, Garland, Trengove, Grimes, and McKenzie in a leadership group with either Grimes and Frawley sharing captaincy or Moloney having it to himself.

It isn't perfect but its better than having NQR senior players in positions of leadership when they clearly are not adequate to lead those 'below' them.

Guest Thomo

If I was to choose a captain, I would choose captains...

But if we are to 'go through the process' I would get the Under 23 group to elect the 5-man LG from themselves.

From there the under 23s vote for a captain from the entire list.

I doubt it would be Green, it may be Moloney but an option of shared captaincy should be considered by the FD if the vote is split.

My view is the scenario would be Frawley, Garland, Trengove, Grimes, and McKenzie in a leadership group with either Grimes and Frawley sharing captaincy or Moloney having it to himself.

It isn't perfect but its better than having NQR senior players in positions of leadership when they clearly are not adequate to lead those 'below' them.

Frawley was close to the best player at the club last year, was all Australian, and signed a long term deal with the club, but was not put in the leadership group, and you want to elevate him to captain?

Aside from Frawley being a gun player, for what reason do you want him made captain? Why would you make him Captain when the Club and players do not see him as a leader?

Rarely is the best player the best captain. Maxwell at Collingwood and Ling at Geelong are perfect examples of what MFC should be looking for.

No more than I hate it WYL.

What annoys me more is their condesending pity.

"Never mind you are on the right track".

"In 4 - 5 years you will have a good side"

Get stuffed to them all.

I want a large improvement in 2012

Even though I doubt it will happen.

I want to be hated like the Hawks pure and simple.

Agree 110%, but would add one more "want":

Want us to be the most difficult side to play against...(now where have I heard that before??)

I really don't get this, but each to their own.

I dont have a problem with Green being our captain because, as i've said before, i dont think a group of players should need a captain to motivate or lead them to play their best, especially when you have a million coaches & support staff who are effectivley leading the direction of the side. Changing the captian wouldnt have a measurable effect on the way a team plays.

I dont have a problem with Green being our captain because, as i've said before, i dont think a group of players should need a captain to motivate or lead them to play their best, especially when you have a million coaches & support staff who are effectivley leading the direction of the side. Changing the captian wouldnt have a measurable effect on the way a team plays.

Agree, but is Scully reall still one of your favourite players?