RUMOUR FILE

Whispering_Jack

Look at Dangerfield's stats and tell me where you get this mythical "explosive star" from? Where would you play him; he does't get a lot of the ball and he doesn't kick goals?

Really? That's your argument?

Have you even seen him play?

Have you seen how he has been used?

Did you see how poor the crows midfield was in getting the ball to him?

Or how his stats took a sharp rise when Bickley took over and had them playing a more offensive style?

Hardly clever to just look at his stats.

They compare favourably against Tapscott anyway, albeit Dangerfield is 2 years older.

Tapscott missed his 1st year due to injury, Dangerfield spent his in Geelong still in high school.

It's about what they are CAPABLE of on the field.

And Dangerfield is capable of more, IMO.

I think the fair point that Lutz is making is that if you're interested in Dangerfield you're going to need to offer someone like Tapscott to get a deal done. As pointed out in this thread, they've each got different qualities that are valuable in big finals. Vibes makes an excellent point that Craig is unlikely to attack Adelaide's list, just as I think Neeld is unlikely to attack Collingwood's list. We may end up with fringe players from those clubs based on the knowledge we now have but not major players.

Really? That's your argument? Have you even seen him play? Have you seen how he has been used? Did you see how poor the crows midfield was in getting the ball to him? Or how his stats took a sharp rise when Bickley took over and had them playing a more offensive style? Hardly clever to just look at his stats. They compare favourably against Tapscott anyway, albeit Dangerfield is 2 years older. Tapscott missed his 1st year due to injury, Dangerfield spent his in Geelong still in high school. It's about what they are CAPABLE of on the field. And Dangerfield is capable of more, IMO.

I have seen him play.

What is this sharp rise you are talking about? He kicked 1 goal in the last 6 games of the year and his highest possession games were against Port and Richmond, so much for the more offensive style.

BTW Did you see any Melbourne games this year and did you see how our backline was under siege almost continually? Tapscott had a pretty tough time there as a first year player.

You have your opinion on Dangerfield and I have mine I'm not interested in sniping back and forth time will tell who is the better player.

You have your opinion on Dangerfield and I have mine

I was wondering when someone would come on and question Paddy. I see him as a more healthy Col Sylvia... That said, at this stage I'm not interested in taking players that haven't proven themselves, especially not for a high price. Now, as much as ANYONE can see the talent he has, he just plain doesn't get enough of the ball to be someone you look at for a high first rounder or equivalent.

Let's see him average 5+ more touches... and still punish games in the way he does, then I'll get on board. Love watching him, and I KNOW he's a fan favourite, but I want a player we can get 150+ games out of, of which 120 are good ones. Not someone who plays as many good games as bad, or gets hurt.

Heard a little wisper today that we might entertain Oh Ailpin. Feel he could be a matured tall whom could be around for a few years.

Heard a little wisper today that we might entertain Oh Ailpin. Feel he could be a matured tall whom could be around for a few years.

This rumour comes up every year. Might have a bit more legs this year though as it's been reported on AFL.com.au that he's asked for a trade.

As long as we don't give up too much here, he might just work as a band -aid while our list continue's to mature.

Give up too much? I'd expect them to give us a draft pick as well and pay his salary, he's a capital D dud.

I hope we've gone past the stage of picking up hacks like this.

Edited by RobbieF
  • Like 1

I was wondering when someone would come on and question Paddy. I see him as a more healthy Col Sylvia... That said, at this stage I'm not interested in taking players that haven't proven themselves, especially not for a high price. Now, as much as ANYONE can see the talent he has, he just plain doesn't get enough of the ball to be someone you look at for a high first rounder or equivalent.

Let's see him average 5+ more touches... and still punish games in the way he does, then I'll get on board. Love watching him, and I KNOW he's a fan favourite, but I want a player we can get 150+ games out of, of which 120 are good ones. Not someone who plays as many good games as bad, or gets hurt.

Can't you see this guy with his size & strength playing through the Middle, Or off the Half Backline, or the Half Forwardline. He would be very handy with game breaking pace and strength.

And a quality Lad it seems to boot.

Edited by dee-luded

ClarkyHeraldSun Dees could get Scully replament in 17 yo mini draft. Brad crouch is their man. Will cost one of two 1st rd compo picks. Dream result

He's also just tweeted that Dawes will be staying at Collingwood despite the "lure of hundreds of thousands" from Melbourne. Not of the fairy bread variety either. And Jon Ralph has tweeted his support for a Setanta to Melbourne move.

I'll be interested to see how on the money Clarky's call on Crouch to Melbourne for one of the compo picks is.

As long as we don't give up too much here, he might just work as a band -aid while our list continue's to mature.

I understand that Warnock has expressed a preference for the blues. I think that would be close to a straight swap. Very similar standard players. Both have dodgy kicking and decision making.