Fighting words from Moloney

pitchfork

This bloke is EXACTLY what you want your playing group to be......true heart and soul club man. His commitment to the MFC is blood and guts stuff. Dare I say 'Spiritual Leader'?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/fighting-words-from-moloney-20110718-1hls7.html

wow, I knew the basics of the story - but boy oh boy...this is just great.

Very good article... my favourite line was the last about his dream as a child being to play just one game with the Dees. If he, Jones and Green can all fire at the same time over the next four weeks, the effect on the rest of the playing group would have to put us in with a fair chance of taking one or two of those games.

Easily one of my favourite players, a fantastic leader who never takes a backward step. I can definitely see him becoming our next captain.

How many kids get to grow up and not only play in the AFL, but actually play for the club they followed all their lives? Beamer is living the dream, and making a great fist of it. I am thrilled for him. Great article.

This bloke is EXACTLY what you want your playing group to be......true heart and soul club man. His commitment to the MFC is blood and guts stuff. Dare I say 'Spiritual Leader'?

Thats the sort of Passion for the club that was lost at some point after Smith & Barassi had gone.

The blues grew, and The saints moved house, the Shinboners shone, & the Hawks flew.

Now, Matthews left to the Pies,,, then Northward to aLion with Brisbane AFL. A passionate tradition Grew.

This Love for the Club is in need of Nurturing. Not a love to pull at the jumper. A love to wear the jumper with pride and commitment, to go wear Saints fear to tread. To put oneself in harms way. Commitment!

We saw a player start to do this over the last couple of years & now this year, Pull out of these acts.

Beamer is a True Red'n'Blue warrior.

Edited by dee-luded

"For me the next 4 weeks will tell alot about who our captain is next year."

Hadn't thought about things in that way, but you're right I guess, we will see who has the leadership qualities over the next four.

The MFC can win any of the games in the next 4 weeks....That is if Beamer's words & inspiration rub off.

I am really looking forward to the next month....How much passion and commitment is on our list?

2011 destiny is in our own hands....win and progress. Lose and fall away.

Bring it on.

The MFC can win any of the games in the next 4 weeks....That is if Beamer's words & inspiration rub off.

I am really looking forward to the next month....How much passion and commitment is on our list?

2011 destiny is in our own hands....win and progress. Lose and fall away.

Bring it on.

Exactly. Its in our hands imagine we win 4 of seven make the 8 and tom resigns.... 40,000 members here we come...(plus some)

Easily one of my favourite players, a fantastic leader who never takes a backward step. I can definitely see him becoming our next captain.

A leader, absolutely. An individual that starts things, anything, and motivates others to follow. His idea of handing out Norm Smith and Barrasi books and setting the tone regards this great clubs history is truly inspirational.

Exactly. Its in our hands imagine we win 4 of seven make the 8 and tom resigns.... 40,000 members here we come...(plus some)

Struth had a heart attack, " Tom Resigns" then realised it was Tom Re-signs ! :wub:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.