Changes for next week

Eth

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN: Scully, Trengove, Howe

OUT: Bate, Jetta, Morton

We need to keep Warnock for Essendon's talls.

We need to keep Newton for ruck relief which is more important this week than in any other.

We need to bring in Scully and Trengove to get them back into AFL mode.

We need to play Howe soon on form and Bate has been floundering so now is the time.

Out: Newton

Get rid of Petterd and Morton too and in comes Trenners, Dunn and Gawn

Would be good to see Scully too but I guess that'll depend how he goes / pulls up at Casey

Edit: Happy to turf out Maric too... Too slow for a little bloke and doesnt man up

You are that keen on Newton out, but you want Dunn back in??? Interesting...

Howe, bring in the new blood, has been playing well.

IN: Trengove, Scully, Howe, Gawn, Dunn

OUT: Newton, Bate, Jetta, Morton, Bennel

Our season is finished.

Gawn is ruckman and would provide a better contest than Newton. May as well get games into him.

Howe deserves a game based on form.

The mentioned 'outs' have been woeful. Quite a few others who are lucky to be getting a game.

Our season is finished.

Gawn is ruckman and would provide a better contest than Newton. May as well get games into him.

The mentioned 'outs' have been woeful. Quite a few others who are lucky to be getting a game.

Maybe it is a good idea blooding some more youngsters. Maybe we play Blease, Strauss, Cook, Howe and McDonald to see how they go. Cause Bate, Dunn, Newton, Jetta, Warnock are clearly not the future for the MFC. I'd like to win games too, but with the injuries we have maybe this is the perfect excuse.

IN: Trengove, Scully, Howe, Gawn, Dunn

OUT: Newton, Bate, Jetta, Morton, Bennel

Our season is finished.

Agree ...season is over, people wearing horns, pres trying to sing with Olivia, commentators talking about other teams half way through the third quarter, the third quarter, a million injuries, byes, sling tackles, a substitute player, Kevin Bartlett, Carlton, Watts in the backline, the backward press, Jurrah passing to Rivers, Jamar, Grimes, Green Captain, James Hird a successful coach after 9 rounds, or was that 9 mins, Collingwood playing matches for 20 mins and winning by 40 points, Geelong undefeated, players being umpires, West Coast being an improving team......yup... its time to play the kids and look to the future.

Guest Tom & Jerry

Isn't Trengove out for another week yet?

Out: Newton, Petterd, Bate, Bennell

In: Scully, Howe, Blease, Davey

Yes, I know Davey was awful last week, but he'll come back in assuming his knee is OK.

8/ NORTH MELBOURNE (1)

9/ ST KILDA (2)

10/ CARLTON (3)weeks!

------------

11/ ESSENDON - Trengove's Back! Ins: Jamar/ Trengove/ Scully/ Howe/

Edited by Tom & Jerry

Ins Howe, Trengove as definites

possibles .. Scully if ok, . Lets have a look at the likes of Blease...evn Strauss at some point

Outs from... Bate., just doesnt want to take the game on. Morton... back to Casey til you loearn to kick soon, just woeful. Nicho, nice try...maybe next time. Bennel... maybe learn to go where the bal lIS, not where its not ( as Dyer would have put it ) Ricky Bobby.. very lacklustre currently.

My thinking .

Well Trengove and SCully are self explanatory. Give the engine room grunt and poise

Howe gives a viable target up fron esp if Watts is roaming around down back.

Blease and /or Strauss to possibly give teh run off half back that Petterrd and Morton seem desperately not to want to give.

How do you tackle in the forward line when there is no one in there?

That is an extremely good question!

You have my vote.

Week after week I see us clear the ball, go forward and there are 3 players in our forward line.

All are the opposition.

Either our game plan stinks and or we do not have the cattle to implement it.

Based on last night, how could anybody drop Newton instead of Petterd? I think Newton is the biggest roaster in the spud patch, but Petterd particularly, and Bate second, were MUCH more of a liability than Newton.

We are just a horribly wobbly caboose full of passengers at the moment, but due to injuries, we just can't make them accountable for their undeserving play. On form from last night, there are 6 I would drop from last night, but Petterd MUST go, and Scully(if fit) and Trengove must come back.

Therefore, Out: Petterd, Evans, Nicholson (harsh, but they are underexperienced, and we need to have some experience out there. They will get more oppotunities)

In: Howe, Scully, Trengove.

Newton out please! Is Dunn due back? Because I will take him as a back up ruck over having to watch that spud ever play for us again.

Trengove, Scully and Howe can all be inclusions for me as well. Out goes Morton, Bate and Jetta.

Warnock deserves to go as well for that game last nigh, but we may have to wait for Garland to get back, before that can happen.

That is an extremely good question!

You have my vote.

Week after week I see us clear the ball, go forward and there are 3 players in our forward line.

All are the opposition.

Either our game plan stinks and or we do not have the cattle to implement it.

Yes!Yes!Yes! You can find a stat on just about anything but the ultimate stat is that games are won by the side who scores the most goals. Too often we simply don't give ourselves the opportunity to convert a good possession in the HB or midfield into a goal.

Edited by Bitter but optimistic

Out: newton, Morton, bennell, petterd

In: scully, trengove, Dunn, gawn

Newton is a joke. Enough said. Morton is embarrassing. I have a brain tumor and I would be harder at it.

Bennell just doesn't do enough, and his defensive effort on garlett in the last quarter was awful. Ricky petterd needs to be made an example of. His lack of pressure was pathetic .

On very thin ice:

Bate, jetta, warnock, macdonald, even jurrah

Agree ...season is over, people wearing horns, pres trying to sing with Olivia, commentators talking about other teams half way through the third quarter, the third quarter, a million injuries, byes, sling tackles, a substitute player, Kevin Bartlett, Carlton, Watts in the backline, the backward press, Jurrah passing to Rivers, Jamar, Grimes, Green Captain, James Hird a successful coach after 9 rounds, or was that 9 mins, Collingwood playing matches for 20 mins and winning by 40 points, Geelong undefeated, players being umpires, West Coast being an improving team......yup... its time to play the kids and look to the future.

This is an accurate, damning and frightening post Wadda. We are being left behind in so many departments. I don't mind Robbo having a sing but when Olivia and Jimmy do a duet, they provide stupid flashing horns (which I didn't take btw), and our players are being pushed into every corner of the media - it is all a smoke screen to hide the fact that 2011 is basically over. Post round 12 when players start coming back and we have close to our best 22, things might change, but many players will be out of form taking some weeks to find match fitness and awareness again.

The clearest indicator for me is the absolute stupidity of playing Watts in the midfield or backline. This suggestes that getting him - and others - matured is more important than winning winnable games. I am all for giving players experience and think Bailey has been excellent and focused on this. But in individual games our mids look up to kick into the forward 50 and Jurrah is runnig wide near the wing/flank, Petterd is looking disintertested and Watts is expected to run forward when he has just worked his backside off down back.

Other teams are finding ways to get games into players AND have a winning game plan and strategy. We are not.

Edited by Maldonboy38

The axe must be swung.

IN: Blease, Gawn, Howe, Scully, Strauss, Trengove,

OUT: Bate, Bennell, Maric, Morton, Newton, Warnock

* I think Petterd's got a bit of a stiff run here. Although his stats were poor last night and he hasn't had a big impact since the Adelaide game he was playing as the defensive forward last night on Yarran and didn't let Yarran have a big impact himself. I agree he needs to lift his output. 6 of the 7 players I've elected to be dropped I was much more dissapointed with then Petterd.

FB: Frawley, Rivers, Strauss

HB: MacDonald, Martin, Green

C: Trengove, McKenzie, Jones

HF: Sylvia, Watts, Petterd

FF: Howe, Jurrah, Jetta

FOLL: Gawn, Moloney, Scully

INT: Blease, Gysberts, Nicholson

SUB: Evans

Scully & Trengove will help the engine room ina huge way with their class, grunt and contested play. Strauss will allow us to have someone who can kick the ball coming out of defence without turning it over. Then we can debut Blease (run and tackling), Gawn (play as no 1 ruck with Martin to support and play CHB when not in ruck) & Howe who can either play forward or off a wing.

Edit: After Casey game and who played well, Wonna not included in Melbourne team.

Edited by Tall Defence

Howe needs to be on the paddock..he wil provide a target.. pick another sub :)

If Morton is dropped what does that say. They should play Morton the next 2-3 weeks to see if there is anything there. Going back to Casey does not benefit.

Juice is having a dip, he stays.

Bate and Bennell are heading the outs for mine.

The problem with Morton is his disposal kills us. His net worth on teh field is a negative. i.e for anything good he does, he does more damage using it ( the pill ) You cant have that , its like allowing the opposition a 19th player.. sort of reminds me of a recently departed Dee :rolleyes:

If Morton is dropped what does that say. They should play Morton the next 2-3 weeks to see if there is anything there. Going back to Casey does not benefit.

Juice is having a dip, he stays.

Bate and Bennell are heading the outs for mine.

The problem they find themselves in with Morton is that they played him even though he didn't show anything at Casey. The last Casey match v Bendigo Morton got a lot of the ball but butchered it and did not deserve a recall.

Newton always has a dip but doesn't mean he should stay. Makes to many mistakes & with Juice playing it forces Jurrah to play to high and out of his most dangerous position.