Ins & Outs

Striker475

Michael Evans is expected to be promoted off the rookie list so that prob means he will be playing this week.

Howe is another who's close to a call up. Might get pipped by Bate.

Excellent news if true.

This season has flat-lined quite badly. Nothing like the drug of unknown youth to perk us all right up!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUTS: Garland (inj), Bail (inj), Dunn (susp), Wonna (omit)

INS: Macdonald, Evans, Howe, Mckenzie

basically self explanatory, these are what i would like to see, but i will not be suprised if rivers replaces garland, and bate replace howe.

but...

rivers and warnock in the same backline, leads me to severe worry, especially with a forward line of riedwolt and koschitzke, rivers and warnock will make us too slow, in the backline and will probably lead to severe strife, so a mobile macdonald is definately who i want in.

howe on the form from the weekend, bate in the form of a tried and tested forward, so will be interesting to see the path they take.

also for mckenzie to come in for bail, i feel this will lead our midfield looking a little one dimensional, so we need someone with that zip to break lines, and this is where evans comes in, evans is a player in the mould of bail, and thus can possibly be the perfect replacement.

Tapscott has been poor recently, time to give him a rest... Crying out for mids, so Morton gets a run...

Bennell to go and play back like in his first season, to play Grimes' role... As does Petterd...

Evans and Howe in the best from Sunday, so they make their debut... I looked for room for Bate, but couldn't find any unfortunately, no spots in that forward line, in the middle and down back is where they're up for grabs...

In: Evans, McKenzie, Howe, Morton

Out: Bail, Garland, Dunn, Tapscott

B: Bartram, Warnock, Frawley

HB: Bennell, Rivers, Petterd

C: Davey, Gysberts, Sylvia

HF: Green , Watts, Maric

F:Wonaeamirri, Newton, Jurrah

R: Martin, Moloney, McKenzie

I: Jetta, Evans, Howe, Morton

Tapscott has been poor recently, time to give him a rest... Crying out for mids, so Morton gets a run...

Bennell to go and play back like in his first season, to play Grimes' role... As does Petterd...

Evans and Howe in the best from Sunday, so they make their debut... I looked for room for Bate, but couldn't find any unfortunately, no spots in that forward line, in the middle and down back is where they're up for grabs...

In: Evans, McKenzie, Howe, Morton

Out: Bail, Garland, Dunn, Tapscott

B: Bartram, Warnock, Frawley

HB: Bennell, Rivers, Petterd

C: Davey, Gysberts, Sylvia

HF: Green , Watts, Maric

F:Wonaeamirri, Newton, Jurrah

R: Martin, Moloney, McKenzie

I: Jetta, Evans, Howe, Morton

I'm trying to work out how Rivers is some how named in this side despite the fact he didn't play last week and he's not listed as an "in"

Solved - Your dropping Jones?

Edited by boydie

Seriously some people must not understand the game of football. Tapscott was very good, he kept Lindsay Thomas very quiet. Thomas tried to drag Tapscott back to the goal square and beat him on the lead and stop Tappy running off and using his booming kick. Tapscott won that duel I would think keeping thomas quiet.

Just some observations:

Wonna was unlucky on the weekend in that he ended up being the one to whom the inside 50 kick was too often sent when instead he should have been crumbing the pass sent to someone else (eg, Dunn, Newton, Jurrah). I was watching on TV so couldn't see why it was Wonna that the passes were sent to.

Newton was dominating forward. So why did he go into the ruck when Dunn was the expendable one - particularly after he'd been reported?

Jetta often looked like he was labouring when chasing. Perhaps he had exhausted himself but he doesn't look either fully fit or fast enough for an on ball role. Will he make it? Well, I had thought Maric wouldn't and (hopefully) he's proving me wrong, so maybe Jetta will get there.

So, for my changes I would suggest:

Outs: Garland, Bail, Dunn (whether suspended or not)

Ins: McKenzie, Rivers (or Joel Mac if Rivers not ready) and Gawn.

Sub to be Jetta.

I'd generally prefer Bate to Newton, too, but believe Newton should be given another chance to play forward for the whole game before the axe falls. And if he takes the chance, perhaps the axe won't fall.

I'm not sold on Bennell but Bate can't replace him and Bennell's speed is attractive against St Kilda.

Where was Bennell's speed on Saturday

He came on when every one had played 60 minutes.

You would assume he would burn every one off.

But did little, he had 3 kicks and 4 handballs.

Jetta at least goes and gets the ball.

Is it time for Davey or Green as sub? Or are they immune because they're part of the "leadership group"?

And if there's talk about Evans being upgraded, it can only be because he's going to be selected this week. They don't have to decide which rookie to upgrade for LTI until they're selected.

I'd like to see Blease come in, his foot-speed (like Evans') could be an important weapon against the Aints. I have a feeling he could be one of those who does better at a higher grade.

- Garland (injured) + Rivers

- Bail (injured) + McKenzie

- Dunn (suspended) + MacDonald

It seems like Evans is going to get a run, and it might be time to drop Wona.

I'm not sure more than four changes is going to help our cause.

4 players id like to see come in. Evans.. some real leg speed..decent disposal. A bit of zing. Howe.. a forward target who knows where the sticks are.. ( always a handy quality ) Joel Mcdonald. ..hes resolute and mature.. He applies himself and can enlist other team-mates to teh cause.. We need a bit of his style of leadership now.

Ama bit up in the air re 4th.. I think Gawn, given our dire ruck stocks might get a gig just for the hell of it.. lets see what he can do. Blease must also be pushing.

Any which way...we need to infuse some run and disciplined efforts.

After looking at the match report rom Casey

In

Bate, Michael Evans, Gawn, Howe, Macdonald, McKenzie

OUT

Bail, Garlo, Dunn, Jetta, JB, Wonna

Time for the Dees to act not talk. Talk is cheap.

I'm quite happy with our forward structure, I don't think we need to add any more forwards. Jetta shouldn't be dropped, we need to add midfielders a defender and a ruckman.

4 changes

Out Garland, Bail, Dunn, Aussie

In Evans, McKenzie, Gawn, MacDonald

Line up

Bartram Warnock Bennell

MacDonald Frawley Tapscott

Davey Moloney Jones

Sylvia Watts Jurrah

Maric Newton Green

Martin Gysberts Mckenzie

Jetta Petterd Gawn

Sub Evans

I don't think we need a midfield tag this week, Bartram gets Milne. Green needs to play in the forward line, we play Newton as a key forward lets stretch there backline.

IN: Blease, Evans, Gawn, Howe, MacDonald, McKenzie, Rivers

OUT: Bail (inj), Garland (inj), Dunn (susp/omit), Bennell (omit), Newton (omit), Warnock (omit), Wonna (omit)

We need more runners, I've felt most of this year we're playing one tall to many and it's time we made players like Watts hold down CHF without sharing the role with Dunn or Bate, lets set this young team a challenge with 4 debutants, we also need to go smaller in our defensive end with St. Kilda's smaller forward line.

FB: MacDonald, Frawley, Bartram

HB: Tapscott, Rivers, Blease

C: Jones, McKenzie, Green

HF: Petterd, Watts, Maric

FF: Martin, Jurrah, Jetta

FOLL: Gawn, Moloney, Evans

INT: Davey, Gysberts, Sylvia

SUB: Howe

EMERG: Bennell, Morton, Newton

On second thought after having read the Melbourne player review I'm now thinking the changes may be.

IN: Evans, Howe, McKenzie, Rivers

OUT: Bail (inj), Garland (inj), Dunn (susp), Wonna (omit)

FB: Frawley, Warnock, Bartram

HB: Bennell, Rivers, Tapscott

C: Jones, McKenzie, Green

HF: Petterd, Watts, Maric

FF: Newton, Jurrah, Jetta

FOLL: Martin, Moloney, Evans

INT: Davey, Gysberts, Sylvia

SUB: Howe

EMERG: Blease, Gawn, Morton

Tapscott has been poor recently, time to give him a rest

Bad call. Tapscott was fine on Saturday. Did the job on Thomas, and continued to hit the contest hard and attempt to run the lines as we need him to do.

I still want to see him put in the midfield or half forward, but he is nowhere near being dropped.

the Casey player review was heavily intimating Jordie McKenzie won't be playing for the Dees this weekend. Evans or Nicholson for the upgrade I would think, and based on consistency, Evans seems likely...

Here is a crazy idea. Watts to play on Reiwoldt.

He looked good when he went back last week and if he beats Reiwoldt a massive boosst for his confidence (not to mention a learning experience) and our boys.

I'd really like to see MacDonald back in the team.

Then bring in Gawn and play Juice as the leading forward.

Im desperately trying to put myself back in 2009 frame of mind. Development and experience until we get a proper coach.

Really hoping to see Blease, Howe, Evans, Strauss, Mckenzie, Gawn get some game time now to give me some motivation.

Edited by stranga

the Casey player review was heavily intimating Jordie McKenzie won't be playing for the Dees this weekend. Evans or Nicholson for the upgrade I would think, and based on consistency, Evans seems likely...

It's a good thing VFL coaches don't make the call on who plays senior footy, because unless McKenzie has pulled up sore, there is not a chance in the world he isn't getting a recall this week.

Everyone has pretty much decided to go and break a leg, so to have a top quality, best -18 player available for selection must make Bailey very very happy.

Having read all the posts above it seems clear that we are all seeking some fresh blood brought into the starting 22. I agree with this but we must remember that St. Kilda, although really poor this year, have an outstanding top 6 players, and play the physical game better than most. The questions is whether we try and match their physicality, or fill our team with runners due to St. Kilda's lack of pace. We must pick players for this specific game, not only on Casey form. For example, I don't think tampering with our forward line needs too much work, it is more than the game plan needs to leave Juice, Watts, Jurrah, Green in the forward line for longer periods. The amount of time Watts took possession of the ball across half-back against North was frustrating.

OUT: Bail, Garland (injured), Dunn (should have got another week added on for being such a dill), Bennell, Wonna

IN : McKenzie, Rivers, Bate (to help the physicality), Howe, Blease (hasn't rally earned this yet but his pace could really worry St. Kilda.

notes

1. We can't have Joel MacDonald and Rivers in the same 22. Oppositions forwards can set up too easily against this structure.

2. One of Evans/Nicholson deserve a game over Blease but I can't choose one of these two until their rookie elevation is announced.

3. If Rivers is still suspect with injury, also consider Tom MacDonald.

Backs : Bartram Frawley Blease

Half b: Tapscott Rivers Warnock

Centre: Jones Moloney Sylvia

Half f: Green Watts Maric

Forws : Jurrah Newton Petterd

Rucks : Martin McKenzie Gysberts

Inter : Howe, Davey, Jetta, Bate (sub)

Emerg : J Macdonald, T Macdonald,

Having read all the posts above it seems clear that we are all seeking some fresh blood brought into the starting 22. I agree with this but we must remember that St. Kilda, although really poor this year, have an outstanding top 6 players, and play the physical game better than most. The questions is whether we try and match their physicality, or fill our team with runners due to St. Kilda's lack of pace. We must pick players for this specific game, not only on Casey form. For example, I don't think tampering with our forward line needs too much work, it is more than the game plan needs to leave Juice, Watts, Jurrah, Green in the forward line for longer periods. The amount of time Watts took possession of the ball across half-back against North was frustrating.

OUT: Bail, Garland (injured), Dunn (should have got another week added on for being such a dill), Bennell, Wonna

IN : McKenzie, Rivers, Bate (to help the physicality), Howe, Blease (hasn't rally earned this yet but his pace could really worry St. Kilda.

notes

1. We can't have Joel MacDonald and Rivers in the same 22. Oppositions forwards can set up too easily against this structure.

2. One of Evans/Nicholson deserve a game over Blease but I can't choose one of these two until their rookie elevation is announced.

3. If Rivers is still suspect with injury, also consider Tom MacDonald.

Backs : Bartram Frawley Blease

Half b: Tapscott Rivers Warnock

Centre: Jones Moloney Sylvia

Half f: Green Watts Maric

Forws : Jurrah Newton Petterd

Rucks : Martin McKenzie Gysberts

Inter : Howe, Davey, Jetta, Bate (sub)

Emerg : J Macdonald, T Macdonald,

Of course you can. They won't be elevated by the club until they are picked. So its effectively the same thing

BTW looks like there are 3 spots (not 2) on the LTI - Grimey, Spencil, Fitzy

I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints pick Stanley this week for a ruck combination of Mcevoy/Koschitke/Stanley (which could be tough)

Therefore, given Dunn is out, give Gawn a crack. Don't see there been any risk in including Gawn ATM. 'Third man up' play worked for all of 15 minutes last weekend. No Jamar means that a second Ruck is a must.

In: Gawn - McKenzie – MacDonald (two weeks & no match time makes Rivers potential liability) - Evans

Out: Dunn - Bail - Garland - Jetta (he tries hard but…)

Edited by Demon Property

If the footy dept are confident that Gawn can run out 50-60% of an Afl game then he may well come in, the last thing I want to see is the kid hurt himself due to fatigue or lack of condition.

Joel McDonald must play. He can win his own footy and has form and experience ,commodities we need, perhaps play him as a defensive forward or wingman takes Dunn's spot. Rivers for Garland if fit. Howe for Wonna, Maric plays as genuine crumber.

It sounds like it is a dead heat between Nicholson and Evans for elevation if the club decides to go this way. Either one of these for Bail.

Garland out is a bigger blow than many would realise. He takes the quick leading forwards and has a bit of leadership about him.