Jurrah - some highlight memories

Wonaeamirri - was always dangerous

Tapscott - an impressive game

Davey - enjoyed some freedom

Jamar - was simply outstanding

Bail - great stopping game

Edited by joeboy

Watts - Good early. Faded.

Yeah I think he was pretty damn exhausted towards the end of the match, but his ball sense was excellent even late in the last quarter with some good tap ons.

Jamar concerns me greatly. We are running this man into the ground. He could barely walk to the bench in the last. We have to bring Martin back in to give him a bigger rest. If he gets injured we are f'ed!

Jamar concerns me greatly. We are running this man into the ground. He could barely walk to the bench in the last. We have to bring Martin back in to give him a bigger rest. If he gets injured we are f'ed!

The commentators mentioned this too. They were wondering what we would have done if he was injured early in the game with no second ruck in the lineup. I think Martin has been pretty decent for us this year and didn't really deserve to be dropped. On the other hand, it's a return to the formula that saw us rack up some good wins last year.

The commentators mentioned this too. They were wondering what we would have done if he was injured early in the game with no second ruck in the lineup. I think Martin has been pretty decent for us this year and didn't really deserve to be dropped. On the other hand, it's a return to the formula that saw us rack up some good wins last year.

We continue to play with fire though.

One day our luck with Jamar will run out. We are sending him into an early retirement.

Green - showed some leadership

Warnock - beat good opponent

Jones - strong and creative

Bartram - really good game

Watts - earning his place

Gysberts - always right position

Frawley - run out of defence (4 words)

Trengove - great midfielder's game

Sylvia - great second half (flat track bully???)

Dunn - did things well

Petterd - strong marking target

Grimes - hopefully only sore.

Maric - aware and efficient

Garland - inspector gadget lives

Moloney - hard, strong, skillful

Jurrah - more grunt required

Wonaeamirri - dangerous but unfit

Tapscott - strong and able

Davey - right foot kicks

Jamar - was simply outstanding

Bail - should clone him.

Bate - hard at it

Green - grab that jumper!

Warnock - very good outing

Jones - industrious as always

Bartram - good all day

Watts - best I've seen

Gysberts - better and better

Frawley - regaining his form

Trengove - tireless midfield effort

Sylvia - wasn't that great

Dunn - still not sold

Petterd - showed Johncock up

Grimes - not a break!

Maric - good league return

Garland - keeps getting better

Moloney - tenner for Charlie

Jurrah - made some mistakes

Wonaeamirri - too many pies?

Tapscott - that HUGE goal

Davey - comfortable and composed

Jamar - ran hard everywhere

Bail - had good day

Bate - quiet at best

Haha had like 26 touches 4 goals 9 tackles

Johncock - had a shocker!

Yeah, I know, but it was once it was all going already. First quarter he was absent, second quarter even he didn't have much of an impact.

Bit of a downhill skiier...

Petterd: Never Drop him

People last week were saying he doesnt deserve to be in the team... Garbage the kid is in our best 15 and it exactly what we needed... Some players just play better on the big stage.. People will say he wasnt doing that much for Casey but he is a gun forward that would have kicked 50+ goals last year had it not been for the injury.

Green - up and about

Warnock - average at best

Jones - has great attitude

Bartram - strong through middle

Watts - great second quarter

Gysberts - always showing more

Frawley - marshaled the backline

Trengove - tackles always stuck

Sylvia - great second half

Dunn - worked very hard

Petterd - always provided contest

Grimes - i may cry

Maric - four quarter effort

Garland - was rarely beaten

Moloney - elite stoppage machine

Jurrah - good last half

Wonaeamirri - not his best

Tapscott - strong all day

Davey - finally got space

Jamar - won all day

Bail - my favourite player!

Bate - worst on ground

Green - grab that jumper!

Warnock - very good outing

Jones - industrious as always

Bartram - good all day

Watts - best I've seen

Gysberts - better and better

Frawley - regaining his form

Trengove - tireless midfield effort

Sylvia - wasn't that great

Dunn - still not sold

Petterd - showed Johncock up

Grimes - not a break!

Maric - good league return

Garland - keeps getting better

Moloney - tenner for Charlie

Jurrah - made some mistakes

Wonaeamirri - too many pies?

Tapscott - that HUGE goal

Davey - comfortable and composed

Jamar - ran hard everywhere

Bail - had good day

Bate - quiet at best

Did he what!!!... Stiffy was limp today!

Edited by Demon Den

Yeah, I know, but it was once it was all going already. First quarter he was absent, second quarter even he didn't have much of an impact.

???? He started the avalanche of goals in the third with 2 goals in a minute. Still played well with 26 touches and 4 goals regardless.

I'm really pleased with and proud of Warnock.

No pretentions to being a star, but he came out and delivered the stopper role to a really good standard, and the effect that this had on giving Frawley and other defenders a little more opportunity to run was one of the game-changing factors.

If Frawley gets back to 'maximum form' and can both decisively stop and then rebound off the top opposition forward, Warnock's contribution goes down and the value of Rivers as the zone-off interceptor increases.

Throw in the 'Jamar only' issue still floating around, making the inclusion of Martin as ruck-defender a weekly consideration.

It'll be an interested story over the year, the tall defensive set-up.

Also, sometimes I watch Matthew Bate closely, and I have a theory that he is actually a very good footballer but has the most appalling luck. The ball bounces away from him, or he lays a tackle and it randomly spills to another opponent, or he gets to be the guy receiving a hand-ball at his ankles, all these things seem to happen to him. I know that better positioning, anticipaton and all that would make a difference, but I honestly think the guy needs to work on improving the 'dumb luck' part of hs game. :)

Green - finally waking up

Warnock - provided mature body

Jones - was our heart

Bartram - worked super hard

Watts - learning to fly

Gysberts - the human sponge (ok, better explain, this kid just seems to learn and learn, progressing well)

Frawley - weekly confidence boost

Trengove - growing up quick

Sylvia - lifted when required

Dunn - solid role player

Petterd - set the tone

Grimes - good luck today (with the x-rays)

Maric - took his chance

Garland - deserves more recognition

Moloney - captain's game, hmmm....

Jurrah - skillful but lazy

Wonaeamirri - wakes us up

Tapscott - bull on parade

Davey - responded to criticism

Jamar - worried for him (ripper game as always but surely must be getting worn down)

Bail - poised and fit

Bate - some selfish moments (but can't blame him for trying to make an impact, worked hard)

Bailey - much better upstairs (meaning both his thinking and the fact he was up in the box)

i reckon a few here are way to hard on bate.

He didnt kick many goals, but from what i saw on TV he tried all day, contested well and quite frankly with him and ricky our our foward structure looks alot more complete. Watts, Jurrah, Dunn dont put their bodies on the line lie bate and petterd do.

Incorrect. Wrong. Silly call. Watch the game again call.

Sylvia had more possessions in the first quarter than any other quarter. (8 possessions).

Get your facts right before stating he was absent.

There are quite a few who hold this belief here (downhill skier), but I'll defend it until the cows come home. Bring it ! I'm willing and able.

Win or lose he gives. Look harder next time.

"Wasn't that great" (your 3 word analysis of Sylvia) you say ? :mellow:

i reckon a few here are way to hard on bate.

He didnt kick many goals, but from what i saw on TV he tried all day, contested well and quite frankly with him and ricky our our foward structure looks alot more complete. Watts, Jurrah, Dunn dont put their bodies on the line lie bate and petterd do.

He had 6 possesions. The ball is was in our forward line 70% of the game