Cameron Bruce bashers

Steamin Demon

He's copped a right whack on this site but today I'd argue BOG !! Step right up !!! Thats right sit down !!

Cannot cop BOG- I'd give that to Brad Green but definately top3. A tremendous return to form.

I agree that Bruce gets ridiculously harsh treatment around here, but this has been his first really great game for the year and it's round 15. It's hardly the time to be standing up and saying ner-ner-na-boogie.

I know it was late in the last, but what about that hospital handball to Watts in the last?

That's the kind of bollocks I really hate, he looked up had about 3 options and took the soft one

But other than that a very good game

Don't know why but there are few Bruce haters and Rivers haters on Demonland.

I can never quite work out why.

Neither will ever win the Brownlow however they both play a lot more good games than bad ones.

Rivers had a couple of clangers but well and truely earned his spot and Bruce was in the top 5.

Not sure what they have to do to be excepted by some people on here!

Oh joy one of our senior players stood up against completely [censored] weak opposition. Let's all pat him on the back. Good work number 32.

It is ****ing expected.

He's copped a right whack on this site but today I'd argue BOG !! Step right up !!! Thats right sit down !!

He put in so very good work today and more the point uncharacteristically finished off well onmore than a couple of occasions. Well done. Shame it's not the norm as he so often undies good work with crap disposal . Aberations does not an apology requirement make !!!!

Guest Thomo

Bruce is having a good year. Marked very harshly by some, but for me would be top 5 in the Bluey (Green, Jamar, Frawley, McDonald before injury). If 21 other players worked as hard as Bruce we would be playing finals.

:blink:

He put in so very good work today and more the point uncharacteristically finished off well onmore than a couple of occasions. Well done. Shame it's not the norm as he so often undies good work with crap disposal . Aberations does not an apology requirement make !!!!

Our team is full of relatively poor disposal, but Bruce has been scape goated. In latter years he's been given tagging roles which is not playing to his strengths. Yet he is one of the best defensive taggers in the team. He was given more latitude today and we saw his strengths. He is such a creative player that I admit the contemporary obsession with handballs gets him into strife at times. I would assess kicking at only 60% efficiency. Marking is 90% effecdtive in a team of modest marking skills. He's been a great servant of the club, but now is being used for experience on the backline.

Bruce is having a good year. Marked very harshly by some, but for me would be top 5 in the Bluey (Green, Jamar, Frawley, McDonald before injury). If 21 other players worked as hard as Bruce we would be playing finals.

We are in total agreement on this one Thomo.

Don't know why but there are few Bruce haters and Rivers haters on Demonland.

I can never quite work out why.

Neither will ever win the Brownlow however they both play a lot more good games than bad ones.

Rivers had a couple of clangers but well and truely earned his spot and Bruce was in the top 5.

Not sure what they have to do to be excepted by some people on here!

I'll put my hands up for both of them. Bruce I've really respected and he has done a huge amount of work on field in getting this backline set up, but his disposal has gone to shreds up until the last couple of weeks when its come back a bit. Maybe freeing him up on the wing against Adelaide gave him some good confidence. The more he takes the game on himself and kicks the thing the better he actually is. It's his disposal I've bashed the most (especially shocking handballs to players under pressure).

Rivers has just been beaten in too many 1on1's this year. And hasn't given much going forward compared to Warnock. He's looked undersized or slow. Against Neagle and Leigh Brown he's looked big, strong and very solid. Just wonder when it comes down to teams with 2 very good talls whether Frawley and Warnock would serve us better (like against Brisbane earlier this year).

Edited by the master

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Bruce's first goal today was an absolute pearler. Even if hadn't have got another touch he would have earned his pay with just that passage.

I agree that Bruce gets ridiculously harsh treatment around here, but this has been his first really great game for the year and it's round 15. It's hardly the time to be standing up and saying ner-ner-na-boogie.

Most of the Bruce bashing has been ridiculous, so I reckon it's only fair for his supporters to be a bit overzealous to even things out.

Rivers had a couple of clangers but well and truely earned his spot

His first 15 minutes were like the Rivers of old. He doesn't need to be quick when the opposition seem to pick him out of a crowd of their own players over and over.

Oh joy one of our senior players stood up against completely [censored] weak opposition. Let's all pat him on the back. Good work number 32.

It is ****ing expected.

What's ****ing expected is for his fans to show him some respect for his 200 games of superb service. Clown.

I know it was late in the last, but what about that hospital handball to Watts in the last?

That's the kind of bollocks I really hate, he looked up had about 3 options and took the soft one

But other than that a very good game

When he accepted that handpass back and ran into goal my heart was in my mouth. He did kick it and then kicked another in the last. FWIW he was shaking his head and admonishing himself after putting Watts under the pump with that handpass. Bruce is still a valuable player. He does evade tackles and run the lines very well. Its just that horrible ball-drop and iffy kick and a couple of hospital handpasses that spoil his contributions.

Used to be a huge fan but he frustrates me no end at the moment. Today he was good, but I doubt he would be missed next year if Morton was playing the same role.

Interesting the commentators said last week I think that he kicked his 1st goal in over a year. Used to be able to rely on him for at least 1 or 2 a game.

Great servant of the club slowly fading out of the side.

Sick of him nearly killing his team mates.

From what i read here Bruce had a great game today-Cool as, But let's see him do it on Enemy soil next week.

Dockers have been a little shaky of late. Lets see the Boys Travel-Pumped and ready to go.

If Cam Bruce plays well we are a Big Show.

Edited by why you little

Played a very good game today, in his natural position, which is the wing.

He definitely enjoyed not having to be the one doing the hard tagging, and to have the freedom to run forward of the contest.

I still cringe when he has the ball in his hands and is about to lay off a handball.

And another one of my more maligned players, in Dunn, also had a good game. I thought Watson didn't have any big influence on the game, and Dunn did some good work in the centre circle.

Used to be a huge fan but he frustrates me no end at the moment. Today he was good, but I doubt he would be missed next year if Morton was playing the same role.

Interesting the commentators said last week I think that he kicked his 1st goal in over a year. Used to be able to rely on him for at least 1 or 2 a game.

Great servant of the club slowly fading out of the side.

Sick of him nearly killing his team mates.

But he's a defender now....

oh and whilst were on the topic, rivers is way too fairly untreated on this site.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
And another one of my more maligned players, in Dunn, also had a good game. I thought Watson didn't have any big influence on the game, and Dunn did some good work in the centre circle.

That was a huge win for us today. Breaking even with their most important player was a great result. I'm a bit rap for Dunny and think he is going to be a very good player for us over the next couple of years. He needs to lose the mo however.