• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Carroll, Holland in Mad Monday scuffle

Satan

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we don't really know what has happened, but we are all hanging Carroll out to dry?

It looks like CC's comments have been edited by the newspaper (dot dot dot normally means that something is missing) - having had personal experience of this newspaper I can believe that the quote was represented to suit the slant of the story rather than stick strictly to the facts (which is after all supposed to be the point of journalism).

Perhaps we should wait until the facts are out before passing judgement? And if it turns out that Chop was merely reluctant to get in the cab, and Dutchy fell while trying to 'encourage' him to go home - is that really a hanging offence?

Personally, I would miss the pack breaker - too many of our boys seem to be too afraid of breaking a nail to get in and get the ball.

Carrolls contracted next year, so he will be around. No other club would take him now after all the off-field fiascos he has had.

Holland thank god has retired. I know he always tried hard, but he was very limited. About the only good thing to come out of his career at MFC for me personally was a laugh. Thats all Dutchy was good for. I mean when you go to a match and see a guy take a strong mark, then miss a set shot from about 5 metres out directly infront, all you can do is laugh!

According to the Herald Sun today (the same paper that printed the apparently edited quote from CC) Holland says he just slipped and fell, that Carroll didn't hit him. Of course, he might just be saying that to help Carroll out, but since he HAS said it, we must believe it to be true. How does this then justify the calls for Carroll's sacking? If someone is trying to help me out, and falls over and hurts themself in the process, why would it be my fault? I know he is not the most popular player on this forum, however I think we should all not jump to conclusions at this early stage.

According to the Herald Sun today (the same paper that printed the apparently edited quote from CC) Holland says he just slipped and fell, that Carroll didn't hit him. Of course, he might just be saying that to help Carroll out, but since he HAS said it, we must believe it to be true. How does this then justify the calls for Carroll's sacking? If someone is trying to help me out, and falls over and hurts themself in the process, why would it be my fault? I know he is not the most popular player on this forum, however I think we should all not jump to conclusions at this early stage.

The fact that someone had to help him into a taxi, indicates to me that he was behaving inappropriately and drinking way more than he should. Mad Monday or not, excessive consumption of alcohol amongst professional MFC footballers should not be tolerated. Especially when said footballer is struggling for a spot in the team and is already treading a very fine line.

Besides, it's no coincidence that Mr.Carroll always finds himself in trouble... it's because he is trouble. It's a miracle that nothing more serious has ever come to the media's attention. We've been very lucky thus far.

By the way, the club probably knows the truth (whatever it may be). What Holland told the media is his choice, as he is no longer an employee of the MFC.

Guest Chopper
The fact that someone had to help him into a taxi, indicates to me that he was behaving inappropriately and drinking way more than he should. Mad Monday or not, excessive consumption of alcohol amongst professional MFC footballers should not be tolerated. Especially when said footballer is struggling for a spot in the team and is already treading a very fine line.

Besides, it's no coincidence that Mr.Carroll always finds himself in trouble... it's because he is trouble. It's a miracle that nothing more serious has ever come to the media's attention. We've been very lucky thus far.

By the way, the club probably knows the truth (whatever it may be). What Holland told the media is his choice, as he is no longer an employee of the MFC.

Mad Monday is something that Footballers take part in. You will have to learn to get over it.

Lets not batter Carroll because he was there. Innocent until proven guilty.

I have to disagree with you there J. It has been one of the worst seasons ever let them blow off the season with a blow out. They have had basically approx 8 months fairly well not drinking they should be allowed to do what ever the hell they want. There obligation to the playing season is done and dusted.

Carroll obviously has a few issues with drinking and agression, I have seen it first hand bumping into him and his mates in St Kilda. Angry young fella but if he is unfailry slandered then that is a media beat up and the Hun is well known for it.

If my employer tried to fire me because I was drinking WHEN I WASN'T AT WORK, they might have a bit of difficulty. I know these guys are supposed to be 'role models' but sometimes they should just be allowed to be people.

A relative of mine was being actively chased to go in the draft (he is almost 7 feet tall and is a good ruckman) but refused because he did not want to live the life. Among other things, he didn't want to have to ask the public's permission to breathe, or to be young, or to have fun sometimes, or to go out and have a beer with his mates. So some good talent was lost to the competition because we as the public are way too quick to judge, and expect these guys to behave in ways that we don't expect each other to behave (as a point of interest, there is a current player in the AFL who he used to play with, and who he was better than, so he would have made it).

Just because Carroll was drunk, doesn't necessarily mean he was disorderly. If employers had the right to fire everyone who had too much to drink, Centrelink wouldn't be able to cope with the crowds. If he wasn't actually causing any trouble, then what is everyone's problem?

Personally, I would miss the pack breaker - too many of our boys seem to be too afraid of breaking a nail to get in and get the ball.

Me too Suzanna, and I agree... last year he battled manfully, pretty much alone in the back half.

People should not underestimate how some physical strength in the team can help the kids stand a bit taller, help them through a tough, rough AFL match.

The Poindexters need to understand that Vlad hasn't sanitised the game into tiddlywinnks, basketball, or high performance beach volleyball, yet.

Maybe you you should stop drinking coffee at church and get out a bit more, better still have a red with the preacher.

This cant be good for him !!!

Doesn't bode well for ol Nathan !!..the wolves are circling

straight swap to the dockers for Murphy would be the deal

meanwhile in the same article Caro says "and, despite last month's impressive fund-raising campaign which eradicated $3 million of debt, the Demons will lose more than $1 million after a tumultuous political scenario during which two chief executives were sacked and the board overthrown by Brownlow medallist Jim Stynes".

that's a good result since it was supposed to be $2m when the old board packed it in!

Guest unstable punt
straight swap to the dockers for Murphy would be the deal

meanwhile in the same article Caro says "and, despite last month's impressive fund-raising campaign which eradicated $3 million of debt, the Demons will lose more than $1 million after a tumultuous political scenario during which two chief executives were sacked and the board overthrown by Brownlow medallist Jim Stynes".

that's a good result since it was supposed to be $2m when the old board packed it in!

dockers wouldn't want Carroll. if he gets the boot from us, thats the end for him in AFL.

$3 million eradicated is some thing to be positive about, we knew we were going to lose a million

exactly right. sensationalist journalism. the 4.7 mil debt already included an expected 2 mil loss this year didnt it? if we only lost 1 mil we are up. if she is trying to say we actually lost 3, she did a very poor job of reporting it.

exactly right. sensationalist journalism. the 4.7 mil debt already included an expected 2 mil loss this year didnt it? if we only lost 1 mil we are up. if she is trying to say we actually lost 3, she did a very poor job of reporting it.

Deanox, she is saying we could lose more than $1 million. You did a poor job at reading it. :D

The final figure is still to be detemined. Caro has said it would be more than a $1million. It could still be more than $2 million.

Its a crap result all round.

The debt demolition is a wonderful effort. We need a sustainable business model for MFC. We dont have it ATM.

Good on you Nathan. At least you know how to have a good time. Sure he's had a tough year, harshly dealt with i reckon by simpletons in this type of forum.

:lol: :lol:

The above quoted post gets my nomination for the Demonland Worst Post of the Year.

Good on you Nathan. At least you know how to have a good time. Sure he's had a tough year, harshly dealt with i reckon by simpletons in this type of forum.

If plebs want to criticise the MFC and its on field performances then start with the prima donnas in the midfield. Surely any one in their right mind (obviously not this site) wouldnt expect two undersized backmen to consistently hold down key positions (Bell)

If we didnt have have Brad Miller and Nathan Carroll in our team flying the aggression flag, we would be a more inoffensive team than we really are.

I reckon Nathan's a great player and the times I've met he's been fantastic.

Now to off field indiscretions - you lot would have to be a bunch of Presbyterians or Methodists. You've never gone out with your mates and played up?? Obviously not given the time that some posts are made.

It's such a pity that some (most) posters either:

1 Do not have a life; or

2 Have no life or interpersonal skills to make accurate judgements

This should be fun..........is my popcorn ready??????

Is it school holidays already?!

Wouldn't bother answering that nonsense.