• Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson

Demonland

Viney Built for September

Leads by example with purpose. I love this man. 

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

Based on last week and lack of nerves and aggression at the ball so is brayshaw melkshem tmac oliver gawn jones tyson jetta hannan ............etc. 

This group could be a dynasty if they want it.

• Like 2

Opposition mids look genuinely afraid for their well being when Jack hunts them down and latches on with one of his brutal tackles

Delivered again tonight.

So glad that I will never met him on the field.

Scary. 

Guess his toe is ok.  What a legend.

2 minutes ago, ding said:

Needs a rest.

:lol:

Put him back in his cage until next Saturday.... 

Mr.September - short priced favourite for the Gary Ayres Medal

Absolute brute of a man, that bullocking run and swivel on the 50 releasing Salem to hit Melksham on the chest in the 3rd, was simply extraordinary.

• Like 1

At least twice tonight Hawks players shirked when the ball was in #VineyVicinity absolute mad dog

Sometimes I'm a little scared of him and he's on our team! And I'm safe in the grandstand!

• Love 2

He has been our best player over our 2 finals games. It’s strange because he isn’t as talented as Petracca or Brayshaw, isn’t as consistently brilliant (and talented) as Gawn and Oliver. However, he is made for this. He played about 2/3s of the game and did more than everyone.

For some reason I thought we were putting a cooked Viney in our team for finals hoping that he would be better than a fringe player. Turns out he is almost in career form while playing limited game time. The bloke is a machine. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And I vividly remember him dominating the Eagles in that memorable win last year! 

With 2 finals games under his belt now what can we expect next week 😳

He was instrumental in three key plays late in the third term that established our 32 point lead.

First, he sprinted after Gunston who was running into an open goal. That little bit of pressure was enough for Gunston to look back just before kicking, which seemed to affect his easy shot. A goal there and the margin was 9.

We then get a goal at the other end and at the next centre bounce, Worpel was about to walk out of the centre and deliver deep inside 50m but Viney dived in the air and caught him in a tackle, affecting the kick and preventing an inside 50 for Hawthorn. We then kick the next goal.

Then, he wins the hard ball at half forward, dances through traffic and throw it onto his boot. Brayshaw marks and the lead is beyond 5 goals at 3/4 time.

And I thought in the first half he was the one midfielder really keeping us in the game when Hawthorn were on top.

He was absolutely phenomenal tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Should only play finals from now on. Keep him caged up during the season then release in finals. 

He is phenomenal. What a player. What a captain!!!