Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



DV8

Dylan Shiel

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Word is we are into Shiel up to our ears

Source? Agree he would be a great pick up but have yet to hear about us being involved to any meaningful degree. Hawks, Carlton and to a lesser extent Saints and Essendon is the read I’ve gotten so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Not sure why this guy isn’t generating more discussion? Word is we are into Shiel up to our ears and will be right up the front of the bus for his signature if the right cards fall our way (especially if Hogan goes).

Exactly what we need. Blistering outside run and link up midfielder with good skills and a bit of healthy arrogance to boot. 

Would love to see him in red and blue.

'a bit' of arrogance?!... geez. he comes across as a real [censored] to me! don't want to see him in red & blue.. much rather kelly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Not sure why this guy isn’t generating more discussion? Word is we are into Shiel up to our ears and will be right up the front of the bus for his signature if the right cards fall our way (especially if Hogan goes).

Exactly what we need. Blistering outside run and link up midfielder with good skills and a bit of healthy arrogance to boot. 

Would love to see him in red and blue.

Firstly, there has been no link to us from any media.

Secondly, he is looking for a 7 year contract on big money. I don't think anyone who watches him regularly would be able to justify that. He is a nice player with all the traits you look for in a player but the sum of all his parts doesn't seem to equate to the performance he puts out there on a weekly basis.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RedBlueandTrue said:

Source? Agree he would be a great pick up but have yet to hear about us being involved to any meaningful degree. Hawks, Carlton and to a lesser extent Saints and Essendon is the read I’ve gotten so far.

Can’t name source but it’s not really groundbreaking news. We are one of three of four clubs vying for his signature. Hawks, Bombers and Demons front runners. Blues and Saints not much of a chance. Like most 25yos he’s looking for a legit shot at success. We see him as an excellent fit to complement our inside mid brigade. Stay tuned.

 

 

Edited by EnterTheDragon
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Not sure why this guy isn’t generating more discussion? Word is we are into Shiel up to our ears and will be right up the front of the bus for his signature if the right cards fall our way (especially if Hogan goes).

Exactly what we need. Blistering outside run and link up midfielder with good skills and a bit of healthy arrogance to boot. 

Would love to see him in red and blue.

I LOVE when the trade season trolls come here with their stories.

Keep posting mate. Good entertainment value.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Not sure why this guy isn’t generating more discussion? Word is we are into Shiel up to our ears and will be right up the front of the bus for his signature if the right cards fall our way (especially if Hogan goes).

Exactly what we need. Blistering outside run and link up midfielder with good skills and a bit of healthy arrogance to boot. 

Would love to see him in red and blue.

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Source?

Can’t name. Realise that’s an unsatisfactory answer but as I said is it really a surprise we’d have a crack at him? 

With Vince retired, Lewis to follow and Chunk looking not far off joining them a midfielder of Shiel’s calibre and age suits our profile perfectly.

It’s premiership window time and we are finally getting fair dinkum.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Can’t name. Realise that’s an unsatisfactory answer but as I said is it really a surprise we’d have a crack at him? 

With Vince retired, Lewis to follow and Chunk looking not far off joining them a midfielder of Shiel’s calibre and age suits our profile perfectly.

It’s premiership window time and we are finally getting fair dinkum.

 

 

 

This is what concerns me the most. 

Vince is gone and Lewis and Jones are teetering on the edge of being any further value to the push towards a premiership.  

Shiel is worth enquiring about but It has me hardly raising a chubby to be fair. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Shiel as a Went and Didn't Get Gaff contingency or Shiel first preference or Ken Bruce has gone mad and went and got Gaff and Shiel 

 

unnamed (2).gif

  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not convinced with him. 

Doesnt get any attention and still doesn’t do enough for mine.

I agree with a few others with his disposal being average. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

 

unnamed (2).gif

In his view is this play:

a) a "We Went and Tried to Go and Get Gaff But No Dice so Shiel is our contingency" or

b) "We rate Shiel > Gaff " (for whatever reason) or

c) Is this a "We will get Shiel and Gaff" type arrangement

 

Excellent ani gif riposte though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Kilda offering Shiel $8m over 6 years according AFL website

  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

St Kilda offering Shiel $8m over 6 years according AFL website

Was only at Linton Ave yesterday...I saw no rainbow's end 

Edited by beelzebub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my first choice but I am surprised that we haven't at least been linked with him. 

No fuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

St Kilda offering Shiel $8m over 6 years according AFL website

Jeezus. Saints are desperate I suppose. 

Sun said yesterday that the Hawks are still the front runners even though they are offering considerably less money than the Saints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

Jeezus. Saints are desperate I suppose. 

Sun said yesterday that the Hawks are still the front runners even though they are offering considerably less money than the Saints. 

What picks do the Hawks have to offer? IMO none that are high enough to do the deal.

Not that we would, but we could offer 6 (if Hogan leaves) and 2019 1st rounder (if AFL approves). Can the Hawks beat that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

St Kilda offering Shiel $8m over 6 years according AFL website

$1.3M a year.... very very serious money

One wonders if some clubs are offering big money so the player becomes their advocate. No way will Hawthorn match that salary wise so the question of draft picks they can offer becomes moot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

$1.3M a year.... very very serious money

One wonders if some clubs are offering big money so the player becomes their advocate. No way will Hawthorn match that salary wise so the question of draft picks they can offer becomes moot.

The player is always the advocate.

When was the last time, a player was forced by his club,  to go to a club he didn't want to?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Sorry Dodoro. He wants to go to a power club like Hawks or Dees. 

I don't think we've got any interest in Shiel.  The report states that he's met with four clubs, three of which are in the running after ruling out the Bombers.  With our interest in May and KK, I don't think we can afford to add Shiel as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, EnterTheDragon said:

Sorry Dodoro. He wants to go to a power club like Hawks or Dees. 

Mate, hes not and never was coming to the dees.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×