Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Jack Watts

PaulRB

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

477 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Take a wider look.

I can see us attempting to lure Gaff as RFA next year. Zero draft cost for a prolific ball winner who can kick. Perfect for our needs.

If we get a reasonable pick for Jack, maybe we can package with more picks for a good early pick, and if not we back Taylor to choose a player who can contribute to the team-first cause over the next few years.

We are not losing much with Jack, so if we don't replace him with an experienced player straight away, at least we turn the list over, as per AFL requirments.

I don't think any clubs will bite on the early pick due to this perceived shallowness of the draft. Putting a Port player for Watts & Pick aside, then we could play hard ball and at least ask for some steak-knives with pick 30. A player like Justin Westhoff at 31 offers us with an immediate contested marking 3rd tall option for a year or two that can improve one of our weaknesses, if we're heading that way re talls and they should be willing to part with if they do actually really want Watts. We can at least test their willingness to get acquire him. The fall back is we keep Watts.

Edited by Deeprived Childhood
  • Like 1

In an interview on 5aa this arvo, John Ralph said Watts had told "close people" that he has nominated Port... Later in the show they interviewed the Port list manager (whoever the hell he is) and he said Watts hadn't nominated them and they were leaving it up to him to decide over the coming days.

Said Watts needs to decide wether he wants to leave the city he's grown up in to move to SA - I heard little confidence in his voice

44 minutes ago, faultydet said:

You are hardly Robinson Crusoe ProDee

Many of us have said exactly the same things over the years.

Watts is not, and will never be physical. Port Adelaide will find that out by round 5 next year.

Can only imagine how Viney and Lewis will act when Jack is nearby in an opposition Guernsey. Could be embarrassing.

Don't remember Lewis being a problem for Watts when Lewis was a Hawk. As for Viney, I am sure that he and Watts have played against each other in intra club games. No need for Viney to be particularly aggressive towards Wattsy as Jack was kicked out of the club against his personal wishes. Different matter if he wanted out.

Just now, Bobby McKenzie said:

Don't remember Lewis being a problem for Watts when Lewis was a Hawk. As for Viney, I am sure that he and Watts have played against each other in intra club games. No need for Viney to be particularly aggressive towards Wattsy as Jack was kicked out of the club against his personal wishes. Different matter if he wanted out.

Viney will treat him as he would any other opposition player.

That's why Viney is a leader, and Watts is on his way out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Whar does Jake Stringer have to do with this? 3 way trade with Bulldogs and we get Stringer?

Doesn't make sense to me either.

As if I wasn't confused enough. Does anyone have a clue about the Stringer trade?

• Like 1

3 way trade for stringer won't happen as they said no to Bombers pick 11 and Port won't have anything like that

I am okay with 30 - reluctantly - but if we are paying any of his salary regardless of where he goes I’ll be really annoyed

I would love for him to decide to stay and back himself in to prove to the club that he can fulfill the obligations he has failed, but I have no faith that he will

Do I think 30 is worth it? Absolutely not...but if we have to do so, in order to move forward as a club, so be it

The interview where he talked about how ‘comfortable’ and ‘easy’ it has been to stay at MFC really aggravated me

The speeches at the B&F summed up the sort of commitment I don’t have faith in Jack to make

At the same time I can complete empathise that he feels crushed but the fact that he doesn’t seem to understand why he’s in this position is really disappointing and sort of sums the whole thing up

There’s no way Port will give up the Hoff for him - that’s who they’ll want Watts to become, but the Hoff runs and works hard in a way that Watts has never really been able to do

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

In an interview on 5aa this arvo, John Ralph said Watts had told "close people" that he has nominated Port... Later in the show they interviewed the Port list manager (whoever the hell he is) and he said Watts hadn't nominated them and they were leaving it up to him to decide over the coming days.

Said Watts needs to decide wether he wants to leave the city he's grown up in to move to SA - I heard little confidence in his voice

Ralph is taking crap. Watts is in Adelaide for Bernie's wedding and the story has snowballed from there. Media now just trying to add fuel to it all and are banking on the inevitable so they can amplify their relevance and say "SEE WE TOLD YOU!". Port is the only logical location regardless. 

1 hour ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

They practice speaking with little confidence in their voice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, SFebey said:

What does Jake Stringer have to do with this? 3 way trade with Bulldogs and we get Stringer?

watts to port

stringer to dees

port player/pick to dogs?

And I win tattslotto tomorrow.

Ain't gonna happen.

21 minutes ago, praha said:

Ralph is taking crap. Watts is in Adelaide for Bernie's wedding and the story has snowballed from there. Media now just trying to add fuel to it all and are banking on the inevitable so they can amplify their relevance and say "SEE WE TOLD YOU!". Port is the only logical location regardless. 

It makes me wonder why GNF posts on here for free instead of getting paid for it at the Herald Sun. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Port list manager also said they will wait until after trade period before anymore delistings...

Will be awkward if Watts arrives just as Jimmy Toumpas gets his marching orders ?

8 minutes ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

Port list manager also said they will wait until after trade period before anymore delistings...

Will be awkward if Watts arrives just as Jimmy Toumpas gets his marching orders ?

I just wonder what I'm going to do with my Jimmy Toumpas badge. ( possibly the same thing I did with my Mitch Clark one). 

Jack should write a book some day. Probably be quite illuminating. Id buy it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

not much choice after the way this game has been played.

To say it was amateur is a gross understatement.

Remind me never to ask the MFC list management team to negotiate on my behalf.

Mahoney's done well to get it down to 30, since he came into the picture after the initial statements of Jones and Goodwin (twice each), that went pretty hard for Watts when there was no need, made it look like we'd be lucky to get mid-40s.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

That's what the recruiting officer in all clubs hope. It is a huge gamble to bring in a late pick for an established and creative player. Even if the kid has great potential, he is not going to help us rise up the ladder next year. It takes time and a lot of us are sick of hearing of success in the far, far future. We want success next season but it just ain't going to happen if we are one experienced player down.

Brayshaw Scully Oliver Viney Hannan all had immediate impact with us.

Sam PP had immediate impact with Port last year

Its a gamble with all picks no matter where they are taken

7 hours ago, bing181 said:

In the last few minutes, H Sun reporting that Watts has chosen Port. Won't be announced till after Stringer trade goes through, though what the connection is I'm not sure.

Agree on the above re Port cap questions, but someone posted that they had plenty of room, so impossible to know. Think the Motlop to Port move would give Watts more, not less, of an incentive as it makes them more of a destination club.

Picks could be the sticking point, Port only have second round picks in the thirties (or thereabouts).

Watts's manager also manages Stringer.

We've been pre-occupied right up until Thurs with getting Lever.

Port have been pre-occupied with getting Motlop over Suns (thus massively disrupting the GAJ trade), and before that landing Rockliff.

Perhaps it's only now that the Motlop FA trade has gone through that they can start talking.

Port have lost Trengove who was apparently on 600K, and also Impey & probably Lobbe. I think it was Port themselves who said they had plenty of room.

I'd say that Geelong & Swans were interested because with the way Goodwin spoke initially, they expected us to accept a late second or even early third. Since then, we've stopped Goodwin talking to anybody and Mahoney's done all the press calls and statements and he's tightened things up a lot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

ah, the last chance saloon. any port in a storm.  next stop, boot hill.