Trade Targets 2025

11 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

I would look at Jack Silvagni. I know he is coming off a knee injury but I like his versatility as a forward, midfielder and second ruck.

Jack is not allowed to leave until he does what both his father and grandfather did at Princes Park, i.e. play in two Premiership teams 😁

I rate Jack as well, a modern day utility who can play many positions. I suspect The other Jack (Martin) will be offloaded before Jack S who is a fan favourite whose family history is intertwined with the club.

Jack Martin is quality both up forward and in link up play, his issue is availability due to injuries.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

Jack is not allowed to leave until he does what both his father and grandfather did at Princes Park, i.e. play in two Premiership teams 😁

I rate Jack as well, a modern day utility who can play many positions. I suspect The other Jack (Martin) will be offloaded before Jack S who is a fan favourite whose family history is intertwined with the club.

Jack Martin is quality both up forward and in link up play, his issue is availability due to injuries.

And one we tried to get prev don’t forget — snubbed us big time but no grudges here, fits profile of needs, soft tissue the concern though. Love the Silvagni idea but coming off knee and a SONOF means he’ll be retained or sure!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

yep, but the aints will want clayton oliver for him

Had this exact thought when heard he was disgruntled — can play fwd so makes MUCH sense as easier sell for him and club while Max is still killing it — imagine.. Lordy 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Travy14 said:

100% Agree, i have huge wraps on Kolt, he reminds me a lot of Petracca at the same age.  Windsor looks amazing and exactly what we need.  JVR i think will be a premo forward of the comp.  I'm not as optimistic on Brown, sort of the same boat as Woewodin, they don't have all the talent but sound like they are work horses which you do also need.

Agree with McVee and Howes, both can be future midfielders for us.

And now the news of AMW this week, good luck to him.

Brown has talent — you’ll see.. he’s. A massive sleeper for talent blv me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tolstoys Nudge said:

And one we tried to get prev don’t forget — snubbed us big time but no grudges here, fits profile of needs, soft tissue the concern though. Love the Silvagni idea but coming off knee and a SONOF means he’ll be retained or sure!

Jack Martin is only contracted to the end of this season (Jack Silvagni to the end of 2025). If Martin could finally sort out his calf problems he would be a very good pickup. It was no accident that he played in all of Carlton's run to the finals last year and created that 3rd forward threat alongside Curnow and McKay. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Travy14 said:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/06/25/the-speculation-surrounding-st-kilda-ruckman-and-the-club-that-should-be/

Tom Morris reporting that Rowan Marshal is not all that happy at Saints.

I know the duel ruck set up with Grundy didn't work and has left some people scarred, but Ro-Mo is a genuine fwd threat and can play that role, as well as giving Max a very good chop out in the ruck.

Will cost a lot to get him, but could it be worth it?

It sort of was, wasn't it?!...

But on to the nub of your post, Trav; Marxy Gawan has a ring to it!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tolstoys Nudge said:

Brown has talent — you’ll see.. he’s. A massive sleeper for talent blv me 

I hope you're right, i'm more going on the reports from their draft years, Talent is great but you need the work horses too, Browns father is proof of that.

• Like 1

Darcy Parish is one that is standing out for me. He is far too good to be playing VFL but Essendon will clearly continue to preference their young emerging midfielders.

His contract is reported around $750k a year, similar to Brayshaw, so we would be able to make it work at least with the cap relief we get in 2025 and 2026.

Essendon are terrible to deal with in trades. However, if he is playing VFL, they can't ask for a first rounder. We should be able to offer an early 2nd round pick for him. We have Adelaide's in 2024.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seventyfour said:

Darcy Parish is one that is standing out for me. He is far too good to be playing VFL but Essendon will clearly continue to preference their young emerging midfielders.

His contract is reported around $750k a year, similar to Brayshaw, so we would be able to make it work at least with the cap relief we get in 2025 and 2026.

Essendon are terrible to deal with in trades. However, if he is playing VFL, they can't ask for a first rounder. We should be able to offer an early 2nd round pick for him. We have Adelaide's in 2024.

Hes injured

1 hour ago, seventyfour said:

i'm all about the 'ellen' train too

he's injured currently but there's also doubts as to whether or not he's in the peptides' best 22 as he's a midfielder only - no impact on play as a half-back / half-forward

knocks on him would be lack of speed and usefulness of disposal so...tricky in terms of effective role for us

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

knocks on him would be lack of speed and usefulness of disposal so...tricky in terms of effective role for us

I feel you'd get Parish understanding you were buying vanilla yoghurt only to discover you'd got natural/Greek - not a mild flavour; almost no flavour at all. 

I can't help but feel this is what Richmond did with Hopper. 

• Like 1

Gonna need to find some blokes with pace I reckon. 

None of Silvagni, Martin & Parrish will help in this space. 

Don't mind the idea of Marhsall but we couldn't make Gawn/Grundy work, Marshall is a different player but I have low confidence this FD could come up with more than one plan. If the first doesn't work it will be discarded like a four n' twenty wrapper 

• Like 1

Cats have apparently leap frogged Pies as favourites in the Bailey Smith chase.

He has a contract with Cotton On already, a major Cats supporter.

Likes surfing.

Is probably not adverse to owning property, even farms.

It is very hard to compete with some clubs for players.

• Haha 1

Just now, Redleg said:

Likes surfing.

i thought puddy tatts were red hot favourites to land him from a long way back?

be interesting to see what footscray wants for him 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Likes surfing.

He will go to the cats for the vacant land they provide him, that, all luck to him and the other players, gets re-zoned for quite a windfall a little down the track...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nascent said:

Can someone enlighten me on the whole Smith wanting out of the doggies situation. He's been a best 22 player since his draft year, what's he disgruntled about?

wants to be an inside midfielder 

wouldn't be in the dogs' best 5 starting inside mid types behind bontempelli, liberatore, richards, macrae, and treloar

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

i thought puddy tatts were red hot favourites to land him from a long way back?

be interesting to see what footscray wants for him 

Cats and Hawks have been the ones most keen and leading the pack. Pies get linked because they’re the Pies, but no 1st rd pick to give up this year.

Dogs will ask for 2 first rounders, but one inside 10 and a sweetener would probably do the job. 

24 minutes ago, ChaserJ said:

Cats and Hawks have been the ones most keen and leading the pack. Pies get linked because they’re the Pies, but no 1st rd pick to give up this year.

Dogs will ask for 2 first rounders, but one inside 10 and a sweetener would probably do the job. 

Sounds like the Dogs will be ok with him leaving. Won’t impact the asking price but they know he’s super unhappy.

Obviously highly unlikely but Smith would be ideal for us. Has pace and we've got a spot for him on the inside if he really wants it (not sure why one would though? 

I wouldn't count out the Pies in a two horse race with anyone for a signature, even the Cats (sadly). Cotton on can become Nike pretty quickly I suspect and there's plenty of real estate in Melbourne too 

3 hours ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Obviously highly unlikely but Smith would be ideal for us. Has pace and we've got a spot for him on the inside if he really wants it (not sure why one would though? 

I wouldn't count out the Pies in a two horse race with anyone for a signature, even the Cats (sadly). Cotton on can become Nike pretty quickly I suspect and there's plenty of real estate in Melbourne too 

He’s not renowned for his kicking, so I don’t think he’s a need