Trade Targets 2025

3 hours ago, ChaserJ said:

Worth keeping in mind that AFL are a good chance of approving draft picks from up to 2 future drafts from this years trade period. Our solution might be 1st rounders from ‘25 & ‘26 drafts.

Not against getting Houston, but trading our future picks through to '26 could be fraught with danger. Tassie will begin to hit the draft from '27 onwards so we need to make the most of our picks between now and then. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

What makes you think we will beat theDogs?

Right leg been acting up something awful

No but we do seem to have their measure. 

From the famous film the Castle...

" It's a vibe"

Plus less than half our players fronted up against Gws and we almost won.

So if we play 10 per cent better footy we've got this 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Of course I’d take the flag but  we don’t know that. 

what we do know

Tasmania are about to raid the draft, making the next few years so important. 
Kalani White may well go to the GCS, for mine that feels the most likely but I’ve no idea.

Our top pick (pick 8-12ish) surely needs to go to the best young mid with clean skills and a bit of pace. We all know where our midfield rates currently.

If we could get Houston for a future first and a pack of chips I’d be less concerned. 2 first round picks is simply overs for a 28 year old. 

In other words, I'd be trading out of the first round in those drafts because the first round will be mauled by Tassie access.

And again, we have a F/S and an NGA next year that directly go to both weaknesses on our list. KPD and ruck respectively.

Kalani White isn't going to GCS. That's nonsense.

The more I think about it, the more validity hitting the 2024 first round really hard has. Use your future firsts to do strengthen your hand.

Edited by Binmans PA
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Summary:

Geelong and Melbourne interested in contracted West Coast forward Jake Waterman.

Waterman, 26, is seeking to renegotiate the contract he signed last year.

Waterman re-signed until the end of 2025 at the end of last season in a deal that is believed to be worth around $400,000 to $450,000 a season, taking him to free agency.

Waterman has kicked 44 goals in 16 games this year. Waterman has missed three games this year due to a concussion, shoulder and knee injury and has kicked multiple goals in 12 games including six against Richmond in round five.

It is believed both Melbourne and Geelong are likely to put forward long-term contracts to Waterman.

West Coast are also in negotiations with Waterman, who is believed to be wanting a four to five year deal.

The Cats are also targeting Western Bulldogs midfielder Bailey Smith.

Waterman had interest last year from Fremantle, Adelaide, Essendon and Hawthorn last year before he re-signed with the Eagles.

Waterman played his 100th game at the weekend against Fremantle, kicking three goals from 12 touches.

Oscar Allen is also out of contract at the end of next season.

West Coast have 12 players without contracts for next year as they look to rebuild their list under a new coach.

• Thanks 4

Eagles are placing a lot of value on half a season of good form in a 100-game career.

• Clap 1

All opposition Forwards are linked to the MFC, just because of our need for KPF’s. JVR, Kickett and Fritta says our forward line has enough talent. Take this with a grain of salt. Possibly speculation from AFL commentators. 

I miss the days of sports journalism. 

• Like 1

Prediction…

Waterman will stay at Eagles

Allen will stay at Eagles

Houston will stay at Port

There’s a lot of player managers who put out this type of information and the media laps it up !!! it’s to get a better deal for their players.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Houston’s not out of contract so can’t imagine the leaking is a tactic to squeeze more out of Port.

WC on the other hand didn’t include TPP uplifts in their contracts to players, so a lot of the guys signed before the last CBA have fallen behind the rest of their AFL peers pay wise. That’s the reason Barrass’ name keeps coming up, he’s getting paid a decent amount below market value r/n. Some of these Eagles may be using oppo interest to drive up WC offers, BUT maybe someone can have their head legitimately turned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like there's every chance some of, if not all of Martin, Rioli, Baker & Bolton won't be at Richmond next year

Could they possibly be the worst team ever in 2025?

• Like 1

On 30/07/2024 at 10:37, Roger Mellie said:

Brayden Crossley fits that profile but I have no idea what he's up to now or if he's even playing footy.

Think big Goober is still at Southport.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Binmans PA said:

In other words, I'd be trading out of the first round in those drafts because the first round will be mauled by Tassie access.

And again, we have a F/S and an NGA next year that directly go to both weaknesses on our list. KPD and ruck respectively.

Kalani White isn't going to GCS. That's nonsense.

The more I think about it, the more validity hitting the 2024 first round really hard has. Use your future firsts to do strengthen your hand.

Who is the NGA player?

4 hours ago, drysdale demon said:

On SEN, they made no mention of Melbourne, just carrying on like the cats would get him.

Vic Media hope all players go to one of Pies, Cats, Blues or Bombers. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Binmans PA said:

Disagree, he's a beautiful kick IMO, and has great vision. We must be watching different players.

Rivers is already playing mid. If we had Trac available now, Trac would play mostly forward with Rivers taking more CBAs than Trac.

It's McVee into the midfield hence our interest in Cumming and Houston we hoped, would add to our midfield. Who the hell knows what's happening with Houston anymore. He's either a good poker player or that's no longer a chance.

I'm not sure he'd work in midfield either, but that's how to sell him on us. The old Jeremy Howe deal. Give him the promise of midfield minutes and if it doesn't work, back to half back.

Welcome back. Binmans PA doesn't always disagree with you. In fact, you come up with good usernames for me. Keep them coming.

Thanks for the welcome, I must admit it has been comical to see that the username has stuck for this long! 

As per the norm, I'm happy to disagree about Houston's kicking so I'll leave it there. 

I'd like to see McVee have a crack on ball but I just don't see it happening because Goody. 

And as for Trac and Rivers, I think we'll see a split again with forward and mid. He's too valuable around the ball to be mainly playing forward. But I guess we'll see. 

Either way, I think this off-season will be remembered as one of the most important for us given the state of our ageing stars and I'm intrigued to know what kind of moves we pull to ensure their longevity. Especially Max's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jibroni said:

Eagles are placing a lot of value on half a season of good form in a 100-game career.

You mean Waterman and his manager are. This clown has been injured, sick or ordinary bar 10 games of his career. He now wants more money. No [censored] policy may be required here. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, middleagedemon said:

Thanks for the welcome, I must admit it has been comical to see that the username has stuck for this long! 

As per the norm, I'm happy to disagree about Houston's kicking so I'll leave it there. 

I'd like to see McVee have a crack on ball but I just don't see it happening because Goody. 

And as for Trac and Rivers, I think we'll see a split again with forward and mid. He's too valuable around the ball to be mainly playing forward. But I guess we'll see. 

Either way, I think this off-season will be remembered as one of the most important for us given the state of our ageing stars and I'm intrigued to know what kind of moves we pull to ensure their longevity. Especially Max's. 

I tried to change the name, but I'm stuck with it for a year haha.

Apparently, we are actively thinking about putting McVee through the midfield next year, so we'll see.

It's interesting RE Trac. Against the Blues, he almost single handedly played a forward hand and won us that game. Without him playing forward for the rest of the game, we don't stay in it. Then against Collingwood on KB, before he got injured, everything he touched across half forward led to a scoring opportunity. Often we stuffed the chance. When he went off, we had no forward half connector.

Those two games show you how vital he has become for our forward half, that said he's a superstar mid too, so you want to try and get a 60 forward, 40 midfield split I reckon, depending on the opponent and the balance of the game.

I've come around to the idea of trying to hit this top 20 in 2024 really hard. If we could land two midfield young guns (think Port in the 2018 draft), it changes our list profile and sets us up for 5-10 years. Use our 2024 first rounder on a young gun, and dangle our 2025 first rounder (and 2026 @old55?) to see if we can't land another. 

• Like 3