POSTGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

20 minutes ago, Biffen said:

No you’re right the whole team was great all night.

Kicking was awesome and the skills were elite.

Get off the couch and get some air.

Our ball movement was elite - so kicking. Our defensive structures were elite. The goalkicking was poor.

Clarry had the equal most disposals on the ground, most pressure acts on the ground, along with 4 clearances.

The two clearance leaders on the ground were Viney and Max, and we won stoppage.

We dominated rebound 50s, a key stat for us this year.

What on earth are you talking about?

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

13 hours ago, BoBo said:

You were off because….?

Go on Scott, you were explaining why you were off. 

Were there any external variables outside of your own team that contributed to you being ‘off’? 

Another team maybe? Playing against you? On the ground? Applying loads of pressure?

Maybe that, just a little tiny bit, might, have contributed? Maybe?

Exactly what was expected. A p on his good days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

It’s going to be hard to beat for the GOTY I reckon. That degree of difficulty on that was off the charts. 

Yeah, unfortunately the goty awards are usually just viewed as small clips.

But if you look at the context of the game and the pressure he was under with 3 mins on the clock, it was an unbelievable piece of footy. 

Loved the way he just caressed it off the boot and kicked it with just the right amount of pace for it to curl around and through.

• Like 3

Brilliant win. So impressive.

Lever has gone to another level this year. Has always been very good clearly, but is just dominant right now.

All our young guns too. Can't get over the level of ability of kids like Windsor, but also guys like Woey Junior just looking really solid, and then Howes, McVee, Turner. Can't quite remember a class of youngsters like this where they're been so composed and reliable beyond their years. In times gone by you'd expect a lot less of them because they're so young, but it's quite amazing.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I love how people can only see negatives when we win. Last night we beat the undefeated top team. We must have done most things well. No team plays 100% ever game. People seem to lose sight of the fact there is an opponent out there. 46 humans running around, their only human, errors occur. The objective is to be in front at the end. We just beat the top team. ENJOY it! 

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

15 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

How far for d Max kick that goal from.

I reckon he was about 3 m from the centre square edge.

Ball went though about 4 m high mark.

I thought it was 55-60 metres

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Also, the tactics from Goody and co! We're evolving!

I must admit I have never been a big fan of Goodwin but this year he seems to have gone up a level. Doing a good job this season. But it once again shows players make coaches. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

65m plus, easy

Maybe the big fella when taking a mark 20M out should go back further than BBB and kick it from beyond the 50M arc. Think this is allowed as long as he goes back in a straight line. Then run on the angle and put it through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Docs Demons said:

Maybe the big fella when taking a mark 20M out should go back further than BBB and kick it from beyond the 50M arc. Think this is allowed as long as he goes back in a straight line. Then run on the angle and put it through.

he needs to arc out

anything under 40m he pokes at it

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

It's very simple really, if you can't win in September you are not a contender 🤷🏻‍♂️. My personal opinion.

Every side that makes finals is a contender, some will get closer than others but they are all contending.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

Just now, Fritta and Turner said:

I thought it was 55-60 metres

I am much more confident of him from distance. From 20 - 30 metres I close my eyes. A great goal. From distance he loves to run around to his right before he kicks. The greatest ruckman I have seen playing the game and gets no help from umpires eg last night's wack to the head. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I kinda love how we showed Hawthorn’s keepings off gameplan from earlier in the year can work successfully. You just need players in the back half who don’t turn it over under the slightest amount of pressure.

I also kinda love making smug statements like the above.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a player there have been few better than Dermie. However as a commentator he is way out of his ground. There because of his playing days. Irrelevant now. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, old dee said:

How does the hit to the head of Gawn not become a free kick? There are four umpires out there and they still get it wrong.

Because the head is sacrosanct, OD, unless it is Max in a ruck contest, in which case anything goes ...

Edited by Red and Bluebeard
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I loved Windsors goal. Big moment and he missed a sitter earlier. He went and actually kicked through it and split the middle.

I’m thinking Tommo is a shoe in to Norf. We should extend Tmac for another 1 season I think. But can’t stop Norf throwing stupid money at him. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

How far for d Max kick that goal from.

I reckon he was about 3 m from the centre square edge.

Ball went though about 4 m high mark.

Not even close to the goal line, when it crosses it's about halfway up the post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, loges said:

Not even close to the goal line, when it crosses it's about halfway up the post.

That would be about 4 to 5 m.

Hmmm.

Max also CLEARLY had his arm pinned when competing for the ball near the boundary with the umpire a few metres away with a direct line of sight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, old dee said:

As a player there have been few better than Dermie. However as a commentator he is way out of his ground. There because of his playing days. Irrelevant now. 

He's a commentary lightweight now and should retire. It was emabarrassing last night on how thoughfully Jack Reiwoldt dissected the game and provided sensible comemmenary juxtaposed to dermie who was basically lazy.

Saying the Cats could have won had they kicked better, , but ignored the dominanane of the Dees in 3rd quarter by only kicked 2.7 from many easy chances.  Same -  same.

I'll look forward the Joey Montagna's take tonight then basically ignore media prognosticators rest of the week.

(Not) looking at you Kingy

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

Brilliant win. So impressive.

Lever has gone to another level this year. Has always been very good clearly, but is just dominant right now.

All our young guns too. Can't get over the level of ability of kids like Windsor, but also guys like Woey Junior just looking really solid, and then Howes, McVee, Turner. Can't quite remember a class of youngsters like this where they're been so composed and reliable beyond their years. In times gone by you'd expect a lot less of them because they're so young, but it's quite amazing.

Maybe so… I think it’s more what happens when you don’t put the right person in him. Henry (his direct opponent) gave him no respect and despite kicking 3 goals on him, probably gave up more in the scoring chains he set up. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

ABSOLUTELY MAAAAGNIFICENT... BUT WAIT..... HE STILL IS A WAY OF HIS BEST....

BUT THE CLARRY CHOO CHOO EXPRESS LIVES ON

image.jpeg

What I love seeing is Clarry really ENJOYING his footy. He was all smiles and gave Caleb a big hug and smile after that great tackle and finishing goal. Clarry back to his superb best and the flag is a big reality. Well done Clarry  on overcoming your personal issues. You are a true Demon..

• Like 6
  • Love 1