PREGAME: Rd 04 vs Adelaide

5 hours ago, Nasher said:

Hunter is available according to the injury report. I haven’t been following his injury- is he in the frame or will he need a Casey run? He is better than both Billings and Woey 2.0 if he’s fit.

If not, it’s just May for Hore for me. Woey sub.

Apparently training in Melbourne, so can't see him coming in. But who knows? Goody might still be in his experimental phase.

7 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

Wouldn't a team at 0-1, 0-2 and on 0-4 come out firing? How many rounds in on '0 wins' does it become a non danger game and you can see a team for who they are, that is, just a bit off the pace overall for the leauge?

Or are they all danger games for the team that you support when they come up against that sort of team because, well you know... MFCSS?

What about the Gold Coast. do they ever cop it in the media, perhaps the Gold Coast Bulletin doesn't care to really report on them, thus doesn't influence the GC Suns performance?

So many questions 😃

Anyway, I'm being a little provocative. 

It's such a tight league due to the spread of athletes, that all opposition are respected..except maybe WCE...

Your last sentence feels about right though!!

If you check history it’s less than 10% chance you make finals from 0.3 start and you don’t need to be Einstein to work out at 0-4 it’s even less chance. So in a nutshell their season is on the line

As for the South Australian footy media vs the Queensland media I think that’s self explanatory 

7 hours ago, Nasher said:

Hunter is available according to the injury report. I haven’t been following his injury- is he in the frame or will he need a Casey run? He is better than both Billings and Woey 2.0 if he’s fit.

If not, it’s just May for Hore for me. Woey sub.

He mentioned "most likely via Casey' at training last week

14 hours ago, Monbon said:

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I note the huge injury list at Adelaide:  is Darren Burgess still there?

Good point.  He is but only one injury looks like a soft tissue (Achilles) the rest of the injuries look like collision or knees 

We have had 3 games in a row where we have significantly outperformed the expected scores through goal kicking, indicating our form is not as strong as we think. And we are coming off a 5-day break and playing against a team with their season in peril. I am a bit nervous about this one.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

May for Hore and Tholstrup for Chandler if he doesn't get up

And if May misses?

39 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

We have had 3 games in a row where we have significantly outperformed the expected scores through goal kicking, indicating our form is not as strong as we think. And we are coming off a 5-day break and playing against a team with their season in peril. I am a bit nervous about this one.

I don’t think the xScore thing impacts the strength of our wins vs the Dogs or Hawthorn; in most aspects we were strong in those games. 

The Port win was a special win, but that’s in part because we were on the back foot for long portions of it. 

I agree with you that this week presents a major risk. Adelaide are under intense pressure and I don’t think players like Dawson, Laird, Tex (unless he’s truly injured) and Rankine are going to keep playing poor footy for much longer. IMO a win this week will be an outstanding achievement for us.

• Like 4

While it's only the early rounds, the season is a marathon, and we should plan accordingly. Woewodin deserves game time, and as the year goes on, it's likely that we'll need him at some point. Put him in the first 22 for Chandler.

there'll be no complacnecy. recent history against the Crows will ensure that

enemy territory, hostile crowd, playing a team getting the blowtorch treatment. It's going to be a battle. I've no doubt.

5 day a concern but Crows have had to travel back from Perth

apply ourselves like we did against Port and we should win. I i reckon we will. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

I don’t think the xScore thing impacts the strength of our wins vs the Dogs or Hawthorn; in most aspects we were strong in those games. 

The Port win was a special win, but that’s in part because we were on the back foot for long portions of it. 

I agree with you that this week presents a major risk. Adelaide are under intense pressure and I don’t think players like Dawson, Laird, Tex (unless he’s truly injured) and Rankine are going to keep playing poor footy for much longer. IMO a win this week will be an outstanding achievement for us.

We were the better team against the Dogs and Hawthorn and played well but the margins flattered us.

I think we can and probably will win against the Crows but I wont be betting on it this week.

We win the Port game very similar to how the Pies win their games last year. The media is so disrespectful to us by raising on several occasions that Port should have won based on stats. But the Pies were ‘special’ as they continued to snatch their wins from the jaws of defeat. Just look at their QF win over us - we smashed them that game in everything but the scoreboard… I don’t recall anyone in the media saying we should have won that game… Pies were lucky etc etc. 

Just does my head in.

Need to be very weary of the crows. They will come out firing with extreme pressure around the contest. We need to match if not exceed it. Sustain that for 1-2 quarters and we will take the sting out of the game and win. If. We don’t well it’s anybody’s guess how it plays out.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Sure but when Port challenged we answered, every time. Our last quarter was phenomenal. The issue I see is that it took our stars to win it. There was more than a handful of passengers on Saturday night, although a few managed some solid cameos 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Superstar?

I mean, Laird is a really good player and has had a terrific career.

But a Superstar? 

Next, Crouch will be an A grader.

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

I'm shocked that the Crows are 0-3. They were a bit of a weird team last year, but I thought they deserved to beat us, they almost knocked off Collingwood twice, and were robbed of a win over Sydney. Just two of those would've seen them finish 6th.

I haven't watched them this year, but their supporters would know their team best, and everything they say makes it sound like they've been terrible.

We just need a fast start, put the crowd to bed and we should be right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

Sure but when Port challenged we answered, every time. Our last quarter was phenomenal. The issue I see is that it took our stars to win it. There was more than a handful of passengers on Saturday night, although a few managed some solid cameos 

Name more than a handful Roost it ( that’s plus 5) please that were “passengers “ vs Port.

To help some who were not great contributors 

Jibba Kossie JVR was ok and did the ruck admittedly ok but  no goals, Salo quiet for himself. 

Woe good in about 20 mins cameo. 

All  our defenders did their job

Forwards and on ballers did valuable roles IMO. 

Who else RIF ? 

Sounds as though both May and Chin are good to go.

OUT: Hore (inj)

IN: May

Keep it simple and don't change up a winning formula.

• Like 2