• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 04 vs Adelaide

1 minute ago, kev martin said:

Kossie must have a licence to fly.

He is getting better at the timing, though plucking them is still away off.

He seems to want it, wouldn't take his joy. When he starts clunking them, his confidence will see him take Mark Of The Year.

In the least, he has to play smart, and know when to stay down and crumb.

Hell start clunking them soon.

One thing is that I've seen him up against two taller opponents and his ability to leap at least stops an easy opposition mark.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DeeMee said:

Thinking the club might be grooming Hore as our regular sub unless injuries call for him to play. Offers a fair bit of flexibility.

I think it’s a role made for Melksham in the back half of the year. Can play forward, play in bursts on wing/on ball and even pinch hit on the HB line. He’s the kind of player that can break the game open with a dynamic last quarter. Coming back from a serious injury Sub might be made for Melksham.

Although if our luck with injury improves selection will get tough. No idea how we fit McAdam, Bowey, Hunter, Melksham, Woey, Spargo, Hore all in let alone Kolt, Verrall, Adams and Jefferson if they keep improving. Nice problem to have.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I'm still backing Jvr to keep improving.

I agree that JVR has some technical flaws when attempting marks. That is why he gets his hands on or near to the ball and doesn’t complete the mark. 

The other fault (I believe) is that JVR is flying from the rear ( or behind) often too far back although he can jump prodigiously.

Believe he would complete more marks if in front and even more if he leads  like he did in the last quarter vs Dogs when Trac hit him up beautifully from the centre break. No one will ever stop that. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

6 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Hell start clunking them soon.

One thing is that I've seen him up against two taller opponents and his ability to leap at least stops an easy opposition mark.

He should be crumbing not attempting MOTY !! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 58er said:

He should be crumbing not attempting MOTY !! 

a 193cm crumber? I think not. Its why we have Kozzie, Chandler, Fritsch, Spargo etc.....

• Like 2

I'm going against a few on here and back May in if he is good to go. Can't take the Crows lightly and we need to bank these early wins. Whilst a 5 day break the guys have tomorrow and Wedns to get themselves up plus Crows only on a 6 day break and flew back from Perth whilst we settled back into the hotel after the great win against Port. Pick all players that are available, get the win and have a full week for the Lions then the bye.

• Like 4

Those complaining about Kosi going for marks, need to understand that Kosi is an instinctive player. If you try to rob him of the freedom to be the unique player he is, you will ruin him. He is so special and does things very few are capable of. It’s what makes him so good. 

He should be given license to go for goals and marks he believes are realistic, so long as he’s not burning teammates in the process. He does more than enough at ground level to fly for a few marks here and there. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

7 hours ago, Boots and all said:

Does anyone else see any problems with JVR's dukes? He has been getting good hands to the ball but nothing seems to be sticking. He's been busting packs but at the same time has spilled a few marks I expected him to take.

Concrete hands needs a mentor and a lot of work to fix

He may be better playing a different role hard hands and small body can't work in contested situstions

18 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Petty returns down back because they will be going through Tex because May probably will not play.

Will They????   Tex 
Walker is due to miss through injury. 

In May out Chandler

Woewodin the sub again

• Like 1

13 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Not knocking Jvr but he's not at his best this year.

We definitely need to have either a petty or Bbb to help him.

Worth remembering this is his 2nd year. 28 goals in 20 games year 1 (1.4 goals per game), 5 in 4 this year (1.25 gpg). He’ll be fine. 

• Like 6

So, we play the Cows (not a typo) on their home turf on a 5 day turn around after a tough win against Port. Given the 5 days break I will not even begin to try and guess selections. A few sore bodies, a few mending bodies and general aches and pains. We should go right up to the wire and be able to juggle selections right up to and including the warmup. 

Strange game against Port. Lost it every where except the scoreboard. Mind you, we have been on the receiving end of a few of those types of games so I do not mind an even up. As Goodwin said, we won the critical contests at the right time. 

Hard to know what we are going to get playing against us given the Cows recent form, or lack thereof. 14 scoring shots to 24 against Freo with 8 less inside 50s for a return of 4.10. You would have to think that they will do better than that at home and with the local press breathing down their necks. Kick em while they are down I say. 

I saw a headline that intimated there was a problem with Tex. A Problem? A problem??? from what has been written about him over the years I would say that this is an huge understatement. I also fear that the team have a few more problems than just Walker. Midfield looks to have a few holes in it at the moment with them not showing much quality or depth. 

Their ruck won the hitouts against the Freo wonderkinder easily but still managed to lose the clearances around the ground. 

I still expect to see a strong response from them but it may come in the form of mis-directed faux toughness. I kind of expect it from them as they seems to do this as their fall back position. Walker will run into someone if he can catch them. Max will get his usual treatment behind play and Viney will run through walls as he does every week.

This will be a hard game for the boys after a good win on Saturday. I expect a win in this game with it being close for a half and them we look to our experienced warhorses to bring the game home in the last quarter. 

Dees by 4 goals but I will take a 1 point win and the 4 points.

P.S. feeling quietly confident about the season and I am thinking of putting the bandwagon back together.

Edited by CHF
added P.S.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Someone in the Facebook comments on the training report mentioned that Marty Hore was not training either getting an injury assessed. 

Copped a big hit in the ribs, from memory. 

5 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Those complaining about Kosi going for marks, need to understand that Kosi is an instinctive player. If you try to rob him of the freedom to be the unique player he is, you will ruin him. He is so special and does things very few are capable of. It’s what makes him so good. 

He should be given license to go for goals and marks he believes are realistic, so long as he’s not burning teammates in the process. He does more than enough at ground level to fly for a few marks here and there. 

But he hasn’t taken  one screamer in 2/3 years. ( ever) and already tries to snap goals when others have to centre the ball and do the team thing. Understand he has an ability above others but team rules still need to apply to all otherwise there will be occasions when we lose or are burned by selfishness. 

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

11 minutes ago, 58er said:

But he hasn’t taken  one screamer in 2/3 years. ( ever) and already tries to snap goals when others have to centre the ball and do the team thing. Understand he has an ability above others but team rules still need to apply to all otherwise there will be occasions when we lose or are burned by selfishness

23 goal assists in 2023, second only to Trac with 26.

Bold to assume he’s not following team rules each week and Goody’s just letting it slide I would’ve thought. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes when Kozzy flies for a hanger, he's 1 v 2. At least on those occasions he prevents an easy opposition intercept mark.

I sincerely hope May isn't selected for this match. As a broken ribs victim I can assure fellow Demonlanders that you don't recover in a coupla weeks!! 

If Chin is still injured, perhaps it gives AMW a chance to debut?

I've been reading the Crows bigfooty posts. Wow!! They rate their team and coach very poorly. Looks like Tex is pretty much shot ... either injured (back?) or just past it. 

Not sure who comes in if Hore is injured. One thing for sure ... it won't be Tomlinson. We won't need another tall v Crows, and even if this were not the case, the FD seem to hate poor Tommo. 

14 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

Sometimes when Kozzy flies for a hanger, he's 1 v 2. At least on those occasions he prevents an easy opposition intercept mark.

I sincerely hope May isn't selected for this match. As a broken ribs victim I can assure fellow Demonlanders that you don't recover in a coupla weeks!! 

If Chin is still injured, perhaps it gives AMW a chance to debut?

I've been reading the Crows bigfooty posts. Wow!! They rate their team and coach very poorly. Looks like Tex is pretty much shot ... either injured (back?) or just past it. 

Not sure who comes in if Hore is injured. One thing for sure ... it won't be Tomlinson. We won't need another tall v Crows, and even if this were not the case, the FD seem to hate poor Tommo. 

“Sometimes” really it’s mostly in a pack of about 5/6 and he has not taken these screamers in 2/3 years. It’s not about Kossie flying 1:1 he is a brilliant mark on those occasions.

Kossie is our best X factor and most capable player to pull off an unusually brilliant piece of play and that’s why every Dees fan loves him. 

But high marking in a pack is not his forte and he should be crumbing at the foot or behind the packs. 

Great praise for Kossie for his shepherd of The Dukes first goal. Great team play like Maxy with another shepherd for another goal. 

Our team play and selflessness is approaching our 2021 team play standards. This will enable us to keep up in the Top4 all year. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

23 goal assists in 2023, second only to Trac with 26.

Bold to assume he’s not following team rules each week and Goody’s just letting it slide I would’ve thought. 

To be fair team rules are assumed to apply to all players. I think we are doing it brilliantly and laud Kossie for his shepherd of the Dukes goal. Great team play. 

The boys will be pumped to go 2 from 2 on a road trip. Would have set themselves for this and won't take it lightly

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

Copped a big hit in the ribs, from memory. 

He actually put a big bump on someone at one point but came off second best

I would rest May for this one. Whilst Adelaide should not be taken lightly at home, they are in a rut at the moment and hopefully this is not the week they start getting back on track.