• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

Demonland

Anyone notice Max got a fair go from the umpires last night, think the changes re blocking will help him somewhat.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Dangerfield would be pretty much identical to Trac in his kicking skills.

That's why I have Dusty ahead of both. His kicking skills are sublime.

Trac’s kicking skills are more reliable than Dangers. 

• Like 3
  • Vomit 1

6 hours ago, hemingway said:

Agreed. I really don’t know why we pay attention to the footy media. I suppose it’s hard to avoid and when you do read the comments it’s frustrating and annoying. . It’s a world influenced by media. Social media has just made it a lot worse. Standards have dropped and commentators exhibit their biases, laziness and need to be noticed. We need to avoid them all. I now avoid most of the mainstream commercial media particularly Murdoch based organisations. They are appalling. 
Dunstall is bad but he has many mates. Tell me a good one. However, their laziness and lack of homework is annoying. Stick with DL for information, commentary and spirited debate. 

Montagna is good. At least he does his homework. Dermie is the worst. Just makes it up as he goes along. 

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, Jjrogan said:

I know everyone has Petty pencilled in as a forward after his 6 good quarters last year (admittedly so did I) but if our delivery into 50 is improved and Schache/Fullerton can put up 10 touch, 4 mark, 2 goals stat lines.  Petty down back is an amazing thought.  Carlton don't kick 40 points last night. 

Not a knock on Tomlinson, he played on the best 2nd tall in the comp so it can only get 'easier'. 

Sorry NO Harry to FF. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fr_ap said:

ANB is a champion player & human. Steadily improved himself, worked on his deficiencies, and did his time in the VFL no complaints until he absolutely smashed the door down & couldn't be left out of the side. 

Not the perfect player but gives the most consistent effort of anyone in our team, without being an emotionally charged yo-yo like some others. Level-headed, self-aware, leadership in spades & consistent effort/attitude - you really cant ask for more. 

One of those guys who probably won't be fully recognised until he hangs them up.

Shades of Andrew Obst😍

• Like 4

8 hours ago, chookrat said:

Have only watched the first half but my takeaways are:

1. Our midfield is up and firing and the inclusion of Salem and Windsor should improve our ball movement. Also good to see Sparrow go up a level and ANB moving the ball well/so quickly between the Arcs. We've done well to cover the loss of Brayshaw and to think we still have Oliver to come back into the side.

2. Our forward line looks potent. Ball movement in our forward half much improved, Pickett and Fritch busy, JVR clunking everything and Shache obviously working well with JVR and Fritch.

3. Backline held up well and looks like we haven't lost much from a defense perspective despite our quicker ball movement.

In the context of being in the top 4 every round in the past 3 years bar 2 games yesterdays match reinforces that we are a quality outfit that will be aiming for a top for finish and home final and having our best team fit and ready to challenge in September.

i think the clubs approach of not doing too much media and letting our actions speak for themselves will silence the critics.

BILLINGS IS QUALITY!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, MrFreeze said:

Ironically, it's called the horns effect, but in demon world, I'm a fan of the horns 

FB_IMG_1709172376346.thumb.jpg.b4d5bee28e235e0510bf7063e39b834d.jpg

LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL Is what it is really about🤘😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, binman said:

I have a mate who is a big cats fan.

He reckons Dangerfield is a shocking kick, but is amazed that he get so little flack from cats fans or the media for his kicking skills.

I'll let him know I've found the reason why.

I find it remarkable too. It's because he can do the flashy so well. It's the same thing with Judd and Dusty. So some observers only remember the flash. I've always thought Dangerfield had the capacity to butcher the ball more than many.

• Like 4

Really liked the way we entered is50. The best I have seen for a very long time. 

Hopefully it lasts throughout the season. Makes so much difference  

GO Dees. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, stinga said:

Windsor's 2 goals.    Last time I remember having a wingman who kicked goals was Robbie Flower at 1.1 per game.   No way making a comparison, but it was great to see.

Caleb will probably end up being our best wingman since Robbie.

has that speed of acceleration and his skills will only get better as he plays more games.

What I like about the Duke is he has such a great way of getting the. Ball and setting off for a 10/15 m dash and then disposes of the ball. So impactful and simple plan and is good in traffic with his acceleration. 

Fan favourite already what a thrill to see him in opening Round in Sydney and also make his MCG debut vs Dogs in Round1. MCC members are in for a great season first hand in front of them with the Duke. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, binman said:

That defensive grid (which by the by seemed to be set up to invite the corridor kick) requires many players getting to the right spot and heaps of unrewarded running - particularly from the utility types like Laurie, nibbla, langdon, Sparrow etc.

this was the big call out for me last nite

i think we encourage teams to run and kick thru the corridor as, quite frankly, they're more likely to 'blaze' away which helps our teams with our defensive intercept game style

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Redleg said:

Not according to AFL.

He is now 204 cms and is taller than his  twin Ben who is 202 cms.

No way he is only 1 cm taller than 199 cm Verall.

Something funny going on with AFL stats.
I don’t think Harry has been 200cm since he was 18.

I’m sure I have seen stats showing him to be 204cm and 106kg. 
I don’t think he’s shrunk. He does look a bit leaner this year than last, though we can never confirm.

During the team huddles last night he looked quite a bit bigger than De Koning who is listed at 201cm. 
Who knows where the AFL are getting there figures from?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

this was the big call out for me last nite

i think we encourage teams to run and kick thru the corridor as, quite frankly, they're more likely to 'blaze' away which helps our teams with our defensive intercept game style

Absolutely.

And it creates a problem for the opponents, which we saw last night.

For better or worse, analytics is a big part of the game now.

For example the risk reward equation taking on a high risk kick into the corridor (or last year for us trying to pick out a plsyer inside 50 as opposed to bombing long).

The risk reward equation is different for each  player. For example the blues are desperate to get the ball into saads hand down back. He had the green light to go for the kick to the corridor.

But what if they can't get it to Saad? Instead it ends up in the hands of a less skilled player. Do they take the kick to the corridor on? What's the team rule?

You could see that hesitation and confusion play out last night. And they didn't really take the corridor on because the risk reward was skewed the wrong way, as evidenced by the 2 or 3 times we intercepted in the middle and scored (I doubt it was more often than that).

So, the blues were slowed down and often forces to kicked to an outnumber.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, forever demons said:

Nibbles is the heart beat of the team.My first picked player every week

With great respect, Max and Jack, or Jack and Max, but totally agree with what you’re getting at.

BTW anyone notice the way Pickett lifted (tackled) Cripps, almost went to far, but loved the intent, we have two predators in the midfield, oppositions will be looking over their shoulders.  

Edited by DEE fence
You’re
  • Like 3

He didn't touch it much and wasn't on for long, but I loved the Kolt's power in a couple of moments. At least once it created a goal. He has x factor written all over him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, binman said:

A pure footballer who will be one of the competition stars in 2-3 years.

My call that he is arguably the best  21 and under key forward is looking better by the game.

Lets just hope we can keep him

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lil_red_fire_engine said:

We kept a forwardline with two Coleman medalists to 60 points. That's all that matters to me. Tomlinson plays round 0 because the whole works better with him in the defensive 7. 

Exactly - Played 100% game time too, coaches have faith in him, yes he lost a couple of battles, but we are not on PlayStations. Love his dedication.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, loges said:

Anyone notice Max got a fair go from the umpires last night, think the changes re blocking will help him somewhat.

Thought the same, as if recent umpiring against Max being bashed are now a confession of unfair and dangerous conditions being tolerated, due to his abilities (that must be allowed to be stopped, somehow). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DEE fence said:

Exactly - Played 100% game time too, coaches have faith in him, yes he lost a couple of battles, but we are not on PlayStations. Love his dedication.

Gotta agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forever demons said:

Wanted Bill to make it as an afl player but sadly cant see it happening ,good kid great attitude but just lacks that X factor

There a lot of AFL players without the X factor. Tom Mitchell won a brownlow

• Like 5